It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Next Three Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Not as weak as you think.

and they aren't broke..... so comparing military's would be different for one that can SUSTAIN such a fight.

China Military Strength - NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 760
Merchant Marine Strength: 1,822 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 8
Aircraft Carriers: 1 [2010]
Destroyers: 21 [2004]
Submarines: 68 [2004]
Frigates: 42 [2004]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 368 [2004]
Mine Warfare Craft: 39 [2004]
Amphibious Craft: 121 [2004]

US Military Strength - NAVY
Navy Ships: 1,559
Merchant Marine Strength: 422 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 10
Aircraft Carriers: 11 [2008]
Destroyers: 50 [2008]
Submarines: 75 [2008]
Frigates: 92 [2008]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 100 [2008]
Mine Warfare Craft: 28 [2008]
Amphibious Craft: 38 [2008]

Source available here

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

In all fairness, China has the 2nd largest military, coming into that position last year to replace Russia.

The author's evaluation of Obama on security issues is one I share as well as many others:

Second, Obama does not see the rest of the world as dangerous or threatening to America. He has made it clear by his actions as president that he does not want to engage in a "global war against terrorism." The rising power of other nations, creeds, and ideologies, however unsavory, pose no grievous challenge to which the United States must rise.

Obama's views are reflected in his nonchalant actions and attitude. Months to take action on troop levels. It took a near loss of an aircraft and hundreds of lives to cause any action in security, he and all his staff wouldn't even interrupt their golf game or vacations. He can't say the words "Muslim Terrorists", that might offend his friends the Muslims. His "I don't care" attitude is apparent and obvious and could be very detrimental to his presidency should another building or aircraft be brought down.

What is encouraging is that this author finally broached the subject of Obama strategic flaws. The rest of the media is busy covering up and carrying on with their Obama love affair.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join