It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Next Three Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ATTN it was pointed out later in this thread that this is a highly biased source so take it with a grain of salt.

Any one who seriously cares where this country(USA) is headed needs to read this article

Where is Barack Obama's foreign policy headed? In answering, one must accept a measure of humility. Predicting American policy makes more fools than sages. That goes double for foreign policy, as analysts must anticipate not only the actions of the United States but of foreign provocateurs as well.

In the case of Barack Obama, there is an additional caveat: the high-profile concerns that have monopolized his efforts abroad are seen by the president himself as little more than Bush-era loose ends, not the defining transactions of his own foreign policy. All new presidents encounter irritating constraints on their aspirations, but Obama is more irritated than most at having to endure any sense of continuity with his predecessor. His criticism of Bush continues unabated even as he fares no better in the same stubborn terrain

First, Obama has no particular interest in foreign and national-security policy. That is not what he has spent his professional and political career, such as it is, doing, and it is not where his passions lie. There can be no question that the challenges of remaking America's health-care, financial, and energy-production systems claim the bulk of Obama's attention

Second, Obama does not see the rest of the world as dangerous or threatening to America. He has made it clear by his actions as president that he does not want to engage in a "global war against terrorism." The rising power of other nations, creeds, and ideologies, however unsavory, pose no grievous challenge to which the United States must rise. We are not at a Dean Acheson–style, post–World War II "present at the creation" moment. Therefore, Obama reasons, why behave in reactive, outmoded ways when there are many more interesting and pressing domestic projects to nurture?

Third, Obama's vision is embedded in a carapace of naive internationalism, a very comfortable fit when national security is neither that interesting nor that important. Obama is the first president since December 7, 1941, to espouse a determinedly unassertive global role for the United States, one ironically verging on an essentially neo-isolationist view of America. Obama's December 1 announcement of troop increases in Afghanistan is not to the contrary, since he proclaimed the beginning of withdrawal in virtually the same breath. Afghanistan, like Iraq, is the very paradigm of legacy issues Obama does not want to confront. Failures such as his Middle East peace process and dealing with Iran and North Korea have simply led to resignation and inattention.

Even worse, both Obama's Prague speech on a nuclear-weapons-free world and the first U.S. Nuclear Posture Review since 2001, heavily determined by the White House, point toward unilateral nuclear disarmament by the United States, whatever the success of international negotiations. The president believes strongly, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, that lowering U.S. nuclear capabilities toward zero will induce would-be proliferators around the world--Iran and North Korea take note--to give up their own nuclear-weapons programs. This is what Obama means by "strengthening" the regime established by the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, and what Gordon Brown has already proposed in giving up one of Great Britain's four nuclear-missile submarines

Barack Obama's blueprint for the United States spells trouble for American autonomy, self-governance, and defense, all key elements of national sovereignty. His undisguised indifference to repeated diminutions of that sovereignty is entirely consistent with the views of his European admirers, who, at their level, would like to see their nation-states dissolve into the European Union. In the end, however, the United States is exceptional and will not melt into any larger or global union; it will simply become less able to protect itself and its constitutional decision-making system. That is clearly where our first post-American president's policies will take us.

This is but a portion of the article.You really should read the whole thing there may be a test later.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well I'm starting to get the feeling that the U.S. is going to invade Australia in a "war on racism".

It's just a move to the side really considering recent history.

(Sorry about the short reply, that's all I wanted to say!)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Nice find! Tks for posting. Most reporters have said they don't know what Obama stands for, what he really believes. This in depth article says exactly what Obama believes and gives good reasons!

And frankly it makes your hair stand on end it is so shocking that an apparently intelligent POTUS could believe these things! In spite of history and his hopefully informed advisers or president is apethetic, almost carefree and careless!

Read through the main 4 or so points!!

I maintain the US has had a purpose and position of power in the world power structure that has existed since early last century and will continue to be important through at least the mid 2000s. Everything is arguable but a complete abdication as Obama apparently favors is abominable.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
I maintain the US has had a purpose and position of power in the world power structure that has existed since early last century and will continue to be important through at least the mid 2000s. Everything is arguable but a complete abdication as Obama apparently favors is abominable.

China will have a larger part to play in the future.

The US wont be the biggest dog at the table anymore but it will be a big dog. NO... The US wont just shrivel up and disappear. The USSR collapsed and Russia is still here.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized
Well I'm starting to get the feeling that the U.S. is going to invade Australia in a "war on racism".

It's just a move to the side really considering recent history.

(Sorry about the short reply, that's all I wanted to say!)

Hahaha, is this in lieu of the KFC commercial?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Thanks,I just hope every one reads the article in full,it is an eye opener and very unsettling.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by plumranch

Thanks,I just hope every one reads the article in full,it is an eye opener and very unsettling.

Um, since when do 'press releases' from 'think tanks' like the American Enterprise Institute count as a source of information that is not inherently a blatantly biased piece of neoconservative propaganda?

What a load of tripe!

Aren't these the same jokers that were pushing the Bush/Cheney foreign policy agenda that is LOATHED by the likes of Dr. Ron Paul?

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I wonder what Ron Paul and people who really espouse 'tea party' ideals think of this other AEI 'report,' from the same source referenced in the OP:

The Myth of the (Bush) Imperial Presidency

www.aei.org...

The purveyors of this BS disinformation are right up there with the top propaganda masters of the true powers that be. This is the stuff we should all fear.

Listen to Ron Paul, not this swine tripe.

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The reduction of nuclear arms situation reminds me of two bullies in the school yard, trading baseball cards but each of them not wanting to let go.....same old same old....nobody wants to let go......

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Well if Ru Paul ever gets to be president(doubtful)we will all be lucky but until then lets stick to the matter at hand.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

More awesomeness about the AEI. These are the people we talk about when we talk about a shadow government:

www.aei.org...

Board of Trustees

AEI is governed by a Board of Trustees, composed of leading business and financial executives.

Kevin B. Rollins, Chairman
Senior Adviser
TPG Capital

Tully M. Friedman, Treasurer
Chairman and CEO
Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, LLC

Gordon M. Binder
Managing Director
Coastview Capital, LLC

Arthur C. Brooks
President
American Enterprise Institute

The Honorable Richard B. Cheney

Harlan Crow
Chairman and CEO
Crow Holdings

Daniel A. D'Aniello
Cofounder and Managing Director
The Carlyle Group

John V. Faraci
Chairman and CEO
International Paper

Christopher B. Galvin
Chairman
Harrison Street Capital, LLC

Raymond V. Gilmartin
Chairman and CEO, Retired
Merck & Co., Inc.

Harvey Golub
Chairman and CEO, Retired
American Express Company

Robert F. Greenhill
Chairman
Greenhill & Co. Inc.

Roger Hertog

Bruce Kovner
Chairman
Caxton Associates, LP

Marc S. Lipschultz
Partner
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.

John A. Luke Jr.
Chairman and CEO
MeadWestvaco Corporation

Robert A. Pritzker
President and CEO
Colson Associates, Inc.

J. Peter Ricketts
President and Director
Platte Institute for Economic Research, Inc.

Edward B. Rust Jr.
Chairman and CEO
State Farm Insurance Companies

D. Gideon Searle
Managing Partner
The Serafin Group, LLC

Mel Sembler
Founder and Chairman
The Sembler Company

Wilson H. Taylor
Chairman Emeritus
CIGNA Corporation

William H. Walton
Managing Member
Rockpoint Group, LLC

William L. Walton
Chairman
Allied Capital Corporation

James Q. Wilson
Pepperdine University

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well if Ru Paul ever gets to be president(doubtful)we will all be lucky but until then lets stick to the matter at hand.

Yeah, let's stick to the issue at hand. The source you direct members to (AEI) is pretty much populated and financed by the powers that be. You know, the military industrial complex, the megaconglomerate financial institutions, etc., etc.

If the AEI says it, the man on the street should reject it.

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Where the US will be in three years. Kind of a dreary prospect. So here goes what I believe will happen:
1) Due to the ideas of President Obama, and the handling of the suspects of the terrorist, it will only serve to embolden them to try other means and ways. He fails to realize that the people who we are engaged in a military conflict are paying attention, watching and waiting. I would not be surprised if there are other attacks against the US or its civilians in that time frame.
2) The economy will flounder and flop along, unemployment will continue to be high, because of the lack of experience in the Presidents cabinet when it comes to business. There will be all sorts of name calling and finger pointing, the end result will be a gradual slide of the American people and businesses. The US dollar will continue to decline and loose power around the world. China here is a wild card, and I am wondering what will happen when the US fails to make a monthly interest payment and what all they will demand from the US to repay for the loans that they made. Taxes will be higher and more businesses/business people will leave to find more favorable places to do manufacturing. If the economy or dollar does not collaspe it will be a surprise and or a miracle.
3) There will be more political termoil, the 2010 will be a good indication for the 2012 elections as there will be a massive political fight between the canidates on getting into office, alot more promises, some will be kept, most will be just stated to get the person into office. The current health care diseaster will end up getting passed and signed into law, followed by a large number of law suits to get it struck down. Alot more name calling and people who are just in general dissatisfied with the state of things in the US. I see more marches on Washington DC and the federal government.
4) The US foriegn policy will fail in a way that no one will expect. Countries like Venzulalia, Cuba, Bolivia, and other states that do not like the US, emboldened by the lack of our foriegn policy towards agression will start to take a more agressive stance and possibly start small border conflicts with other countries.
5) Iran and North Korea, will simply play the US along to do what they want. Iran will continue on its technological drive towards its end goal, using China and Russia as a proxie against the US, to include the push towards a new world currency.
6) Domestic policy will end up going badly, as the public will tire of the nudges to do what those in the federal government want to make its citizens live in a more healthy state. I would say the black market will take off, as more items are taxed heavily.
7) Mass migrations of the population from one part of the country to another, as more people end up on the street, look for things like tent cities to pop up, where the populace can't afford to stay in permanent housing. Rents will probably come down, but the cost of living will raise.
Hospitals will start having financial problems as the number of people without a job or health insurance will need medical assistence. I would also say that the crime rate will raise, in more out of desperation by people to feed themselves or their families.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ok,I'll give you that they are a biased organization and John Bolton who wrote the article is a Bush crony.My mistake thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Ok,I'll give you that they are a biased organization and John Bolton who wrote the article is a Bush crony.My mistake thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for keeping it real, admitting that about the AEI. I didn't even notice that Bolton was the author, lol!

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I would argue that Russia is still around after there collapse because they have RESOURCES and can produce products for export.

Please tell me what the US has to export? they IMPORT everything, as far as I can see the only real export is DEBT, they have that down to a science.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Obama group is invading China by the $ currency policy and trade barrier.
next time when he visit China, Obama may be welcomed with a shoe flying...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Never mind

I quit

have fun

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

China will have a larger part to play in the future.

The US wont be the biggest dog at the table anymore but it will be a big dog. NO... The US wont just shrivel up and disappear. The USSR collapsed and Russia is still here.

The thing is, Russia went into hibernation with a purpose in the 80's to calm U.S.A. down, they never collapsed as people like to think. China is starting to wonder how much investment into U.S.A. is worth as we globalize our industry and markets and devalue our economy across the board. To kick the pooch in the mouth even further we are allowing corrupted politicians (that are finally retiring after everything is gone or they are on the edge of being pulled into court) who will recieve presidential pardons to devalue our currency and enslave our civilians further into debt that we will never be able to pay.

Thank you President Obama, I might work for you and must protect as my commander and chief, but I do humbly have to decline respecting your ways, views, and endangerment you caused to this great country. May God, aliens, spirits, man, ancestors have mercy on our future and our sure to walk hard path in the future.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In spite of Obama... The US will be dealing with the EU, Russia, China, Turkey as world powers in the future.

China has what? One cruiser? That would last less than an hour in an engagement, I'd guess!

The US has the largest economy by a factor or several times and maintains Naval Superiority worldwide so isn't likely to do anything other than maintain its position in world power.

Obama can do his best to change that but it just won't happen. Our strong constitution insures it.

[edit on 8/1/10 by plumranch]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join