It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My broken search button :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My search button has not been working for over 2 months now and I have no idea why ??

Are there others that share this broken search button problem ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Each time I try to search a topic before I post I am brought to an almost blank page with only the word error in the top left of the screen . This as you may imagine is very frustrating , specially when I open my post with , " my search button is broke and if this is a double post please forgive " , and even after that there is always some want to be Mod that will boldly jump on the thread saying , " why don't you search before posting " . LOL this always leaves my wondering if they can't read a thread before posting . LOL , anyway back on topic ...

Please , if you have any ideas as to how I can fix my broken search button please help

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only thing that comes to my mind are you using the program "no script" other than that, you got me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I am on a mac and have not herd of that program before , " no scripts" ?

Yes it's very strange and bothersome

Maybe I should try a different browser , no idea what to do

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Are you using the search button near the top right of each page or the actual search tab next to member tools?

Use the google custom search one...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have been using the search in the boards tool menu located directly under the ATS banner .

Edit to add . I will try the custom search next time ! thanks for the tip .

Also , perhaps a related problem ?? When I try posting a new thread in the breaking news forum I will often get a no site page pop up . I then have to hit the back button and try a number of times before the posting page comes up

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
you dont need a button...
type in what you want to look for in the search box... then hit enter on the keyboard

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
As for the people that do not use the ATS tool search button , is it do to known problems with the feature , or is it a matter of preference ?

But once again , thanks for pointing out the ability of the custom search , will try in the feature

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Have you tried the google custom search?

In answer to your question, i use the google thingy because it works.... and works much better than the tab/button search.

There used to be problems with the tab/button (as i remember) but I've just always used the google one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for the heads up, just tried the google search and it is much better than the search tap....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When you click on the "search" button make sure you click on "Search Thread Titles" after. This is far better than the internal Google search. Although finding individual posts, I recommend using Google itself.

top topics

join