It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius has begun, right on schedule

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Youre right, pretty soon they will have us thinking Orange Juice and Milk is bad for you too.

Orange juice is horrible for you....it's nothing but load of sugar (usually HFCS) and vitamin c. Why not drink water and eat an orange?

-Dev

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I dont know what some peoples problems are with milk but i drink a glass or two a day of whole milk. I also eat fruits and veggies daily and have never taken a single vitamin supplement.

My doctor says im healthy and to keep living the way im living, just to give up smoking.

Id like to point out that i have never had any problems, depression, actually no mental disorders period. also i get sick maybe once every two years.

I dont care if they cut back they vitamins in our food ill just keep eating my fruits and veggies.

O and my brother hates milk, he short 5 2 and im 6 5, he 3 years older then me

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I don't know if you're kidding xD
but you can make orange juice from natural fruit at home and not include sugar.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This parallels a storey I saw on CNN a few weeks ago...

The report was on organic versus reg vegetables. The conclusion they reached after subjecting the veggies to a battery of tests was that there was no additional nutrient content in organic food to justify the health claims.

OK...but the claim was NEVER additional nutrient value, the claim is no chemicals and additives, something never mentioned in the report. All they were after was the headline "Organic food no healthier for you".

Wait and see, there will be a headline grabbing anti-vitamin event in the near future to scare people off of them (a tainted product scare is an old standby).

Distraction and misdirection at it's finest.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Orange juice is often confused with orange drink. Pure orange juice should have no added sugar.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
'Big Box' multivitamins like the Centrum brand that is pictured in that article, are made from low quality synthetic sources and are a virtual waste.

The real potent and effective suplements are the 'superfood' powders that come from the most potent vegetables and fruits in the world. My choice is one called Vitamineral Green. If the point comes where they start calling these superfood powders a 'waste', then we know the clamps are really starting to lock down.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, this is for real? I was a bit on the fence about this one. Well I'm about to go to the local pharmacy store to pick up all the niacin they have, and order many lbs of ascorbic acid. This stuff keeps me well, dammit! If I don't take this I go bonkers.

I'll be damned if they try to take away my ability to heal myself.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Danna

Not sure if you're kidding, but oranges CONTAIN sugar. Think about how many oranges it would take to make a 12oz glass of orange juice and then try and figure out how much sugar that is.

-Dev

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I really don't understand these pill popping folks that think they are healthier for it. The only time i would recommend them is for old folks...and even then i can think of others suggestion that would be better. Eat more fruit and veg, maybe get a high quality super food powder drink if you think it's worth the money(which i don't). Again i don't understand how folks can waste so much money and alot of the time basically piss it down the toilet. And another thing there is alot of misinformation about codex, yes it should be watched carefully. But a certain woman whose name i can't remember right now spreads blatant lies and fear mongers. There is a group of people who have been watching codex because they are wary of it. But they actually know what they are talking about and dispel all the lies and myths surrounding it. I will post the link asap...need to find the website. I really should bookmark more

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Yes but to me orange juice is to last a few days.
juice is supposed to be only a few times a day, now water is another thing!
And our bodies need sugar too.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Consider this! Your stomach is a muscle, and it has muscle memory which is how food is digested in our body and we get energy from them. IF we keep shoving pills (vitamin) down our throat we're making our stomach (muscle) lazy, because now it doesn't have to break down the food, since the food (pill) is already concentrated vitamin. So in fact, long use of vitamin you're doing damage to your natural system, and making your stomach work inefficiently as it will forget how to break down and distribute vitamin from natural food.

So my thought is, take a few pills every few weeks, don't take it as routine. If you're feeling your getting sick, take some it will help fight it, other then that stick to natural food (greens and lot of fruit) let your natural system become stronger not a simulated system.

What will you do if we run out of vitamin pills?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Sorry, friend, but you just haven't done your homework if you think it's simply expensive urine and vitamins are of no benefit. I know vitamin supplementation gave me back a life worth living. You can't get vitamins in doses required to treat some diseases, period. The 21st century has too many factors creating excess burdens. These create an additional need for nutrients which fruits and veggies just can't provide.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

What? Do you think people who pop pills discontinue taking foods?! I don't follow your reasoning. Just because we get additional micro nutrients from pills which are easily broken down and absorbed, doesn't mean our stomach won't work hard to break down the foods. I mean, it does need the macromolecules as well, correct?!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If your worried about not getting your nutrients, 1, eat more fruit! If they take that away, then start eating from your lawn. Dandelions are more nutritious than spinach after all

City folk always go crazy because this common food *cough* weed is in their lawn and have to spray chemicals on their lawns to get rid of them.

I still don't think Codex Alimentarius will do any more damage to the U.S.

Either way I don't see any panic from the supplement industry. Even the FDA fears them.

And for those of you oposing the use of supplements. Yes, radically shoving everything in your mouth is bad for you, I've done that and it doesn't always give good results. One thing I have to say is, unless you eat a lot of RAW fruits every day... I don't care who you are, you're deficient in vitamin C.

You know what cardiovascular and heart disease is? CHRONIC SCURVY.

The only few mammals that have cardiovascular/heart disease issues share one aspect in common, we cant make our own vitamin C. And vitamin C is an essential fiber ingredient for our bodies.

www.youtube.com...

Store bought processed or pasteurized food is basically dead.

From juices to milk, I've had the full spectrum of both, and pasteurized just isn't the same.

Get it raw.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Great point.

Here's an example. Calcium supplements are thought to prevent osetoporosis. But there are some problems with that thought process.

Calcium can help prevent Osteoporosis if it's absorbed properly. Vitamin d deficiency and hyperinsulinemia (insulin resistance; type 2 diabetes) can both prevent the absorption of calcium into cells, thereby rendering those supplements useless and even dangerous if the calcium remains in the blood stream.

And considering most people are affraid of the sun (vitamin d deficient) and diabetes/insulin resistance are at epidemic proportions (hyperinsulinemia), it's safe to say that calcium supplements won't do a damn thing for people with calcium deficiencies or people looking to prevent osteoporosis.

Many vitamins are fat (vitamins A,D,E,K) soluble, which need the help of fat to cross the intestinal tract to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Removing these vitamins from their food sources and consuming them alone is almost pointless unless you're consuming lots of fat, and most people are deathly afraid of fat.

-Dev

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Linus Pauling

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that information on vitamin treatment of health and disease is so suppressed in the US that most of the comments on here are based upon nothing but opinion. There are several extensive schools for naturopathic medicine in our country, and any of the communities attending any of these schools can tell you that there are tons of research on the effectiveness of vitamins, herbs, and other natural methods successfully treating many diseases that are considered "uncurable" to western medicine. The last time i got strep, for instance, i simply took certain combinations of nutrients and it was gone in three days. I am a hospital worker, and all my coworker nurses said "you NEED to take an antibiotic"....i didnt. I got better. There are natural cures and treatments for all diseases, many are often times MUCH more effective than the pharmaceutical cures, and very few have any negative side effects...in fact the side effect of most is to improve your health in general.

I have known people personally who were given death sentences by western docs for metastatic melanoma and other cancers, who were then cured through life style changes and supplementation....and not "cured" in the western sense, which is survival for 5 years, but completely cured, no cancer left. They were also left in MUCH better health than their chemo treated peers, as the treatments they recieved REPAIRED their body rather than damaging it.

As has been stated before, most of the bulk vitamins you get in places like GNC or the grocery are garbage, and centrum is one of the worst. The really effective multi's are the ones you must take several times a day, as you absorb almost nothing from the one a days, plus most of it is synthetic crap. Nutricuticals are vitamins made from whole foods, and are the most effective, and there are many brands.

As other posters have listed before, the "recommended daily dose" listed on all vitamins and herbs is NOT therapeutic. When directed by a naturopath or other licensed professional, the dose is always somewhat massive, say 7-8 grams of C a day, THIS is the therapeutic level for fighting illness. So, of course people in the study got no benefit, as most were likely taking the rediculously small, non therapeutic dose of garbage vitamins.

The idea is not just that we are all low on vitamins, and that getting us up to our levels will keep us well....its also that vitamins in high doses act as cures for some diseases, just as Vitamin C in high doses will cure scurvy. They can also do many other amazing things.

We tried (my girlfriend the ND and I) an experiment from what she learned in one of her classes. When on vacation in florida we supplemented 1 week prior and the whole time there with daily massive doses of fish oils, E, C, and carotinoids, and COMPLETELY forewent any sunscreen. Amazingly, these nutrients gave our bodies the ability to resist damage from sun exposure and neither of us got sunburns at all. I was doubtfull at first, but it was incredible! These are just a few of the examples of the miracles of this field of medicine, which is constantly attacked by the ama and rediculous fox news stories, in order to protect the profits of western medicine and the pharmaceutical industry.

Remember also, what a prior post said is true. The ama, started by rockefeller and several snake oil salesmen, was initially created specifically to take control away from the natural modalities. Furthermore, western doctors are called "allopaths" as in allopathic medicine, and what this term means is treating a disease with another disease, which is often what they do. Western doctors manage symptoms, they do not cure. If you are diabetic, and you go to a western doc, they will put you on drugs and you will begin the deterioration that will continue the rest of your life, in our society that has the highest amputations and mortality due to diabetes. A naturopath, on the other hand, will make you change your lifestyle and diet, and offers good chance of a complete cure if caught early....and they diagnose pre diabetes MUCH earlier than western docs. This is not limited to diabetes either, they are very successful in managing and curing auto immune disorders, and often for much cheaper than western pharmeceuticals.

Problem is, most insurance(which we are all about to be FORCED to buy) does not cover any alternative therapy.

So those of you who refuse to see the war that big pharma and the AMA have on natural medicine.....riddle me this. Why is there not a SINGLE herb or vitamin that western doctors prescribe as medicine? Do you really mean to tell me that you think there is not a single vitamin or herb that can cure any sickness? Is that what the Doctors think? Why must all the meds we get from doctors be synthesized? And most often from petroleum products?
Why synthesize a version of an effective plant treatment (like say statins) that is easy and cheap to grow, and use that synthesized version that often has more side effects than the plant....but then say that the plant itsself is inneffective? Hmmm.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by pexx421]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

YES! YES! YES!

Thank you! If the average individual had even a remote idea of the information suppression involved with health and disease, then there would be extreme waves of progress made instantly.

I put this video together to address these points for anyone interested.

(click to open player in new window)

And for the record, I too have also experienced how proper nutrition effects sun exposure and how diet has EVERYTHING to do with ones susceptibility to sunburns. It's pretty amazing.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Great post pexx421.

As for antibiotics. If you guys haven't already, I would highly recommend researching and using Oregano oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract. Make sure you get the high quality stuff and then you can knock out just about any cold, 'FLU', or sore throat. As well as countless other ailments. With no negative side effects.

I'll add one more to the list. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. The stuff is amazing for a number of things. For sore throats, gargle with it diluted with water and it will relieve the pain and discomfort within minutes. As well as kill whatever it is that's causing it. It's great for any skin issues as well.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
To stop confusion here the stomach absorbs water and alcohol.
The main purpose of the stomach is to break down and mix food.
The intestines do that job of absorbing nutrients and vitamins.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Danna]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join