It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperary Leadership of the U.S.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If the president of the U.S. temperarily handed over leadership of the whole U.S.A. to some other country for 4 years for some reason, which country would you rather it be and why? And which country would you rather it not be and why?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I would give it to Mexico and see if they keep allowing illegal Mexican immigrants into the United States

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I would never accept them handing over control to any other nation, ever.

If however they are considering handing it over to anyone, it should be the people.

I am referring to the people who actually live real life within it.

Not the global elite, not the power elite, and not the rich fat-cat families.

They do not "live" here, they use, abuse, and misuse our nation.

And they need to get the Hell out.

Nothing worse than a bunch of financial predators, the power elite.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Clearly... Canada. I think they might do us proud

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Hey thank you very much for the compliment!

I should say however that our government is quite foolish. Parliament has been porogued (sp?) until after the winter olympics which basically means its on vacation. We do more bickering than anything else it seems.

though I suppose inaction can be good if you find your government takes action that is not beneficial.
Though I must say I love getting a bottle of scotch for half the price when I'm state-side

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

you dont wanna do that, its a mess up here too,if i was asked that same question, i would not be able to answer it.socilaism is running rampant in canada, sad thing is , its all the imagrants that are lovin it and votin for it,if you tell a canadian that if you stay home you will be safe, so thATS WHAT WE DO , STAY HOME.no 1 goes out no 1 gets hurt mentality here.no 1 takes a chance.they bow to their elected officials and are more brainwashed than your average american,please what ever you do, dont let canda run the show,all you will get is a horse and donkey show.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Honestly no other country could run the United States and many would stand against it. Talk about almost certainly sparking a revolution if that ever occurred. What exactly is the point of your question? Just hypothetical?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think we first have to come to an agreement on what countries we absolutely do NOT want to run our country. NOT:

Japan: their government has done nothing for 30 years, is the model for corruption and lobbying and inefficiency

China: they are Communist... supposedly

North Korea: they ARE Communist

Canada: what he said before me, ineffective government

These are just the governments I am most familiar with, I can't say much about other countries governments.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Vatican City.

that would kick start WWIII into high gear and we could end this crap once and for all!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I was going to post that but you beat me to it. Star for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The President has no legal authority to do such a thing. The President is not a dictator or Monarch who can make such a unilateral decision. He is the Commander in Chief, and I suppose can surrender the armed forces to another invading force, but this is why there are militias in this country.

The whole 4 year scenario is odd as well. Are you suggesting that the President would just turn to a foreign country and ask them to take the reigns of political leadership in the U.S.?

Such and act would no doubt be treason, and I am unsure why you think another country would take control of the political power in the U.S. for only 4 years and then what...relinquish that control? To whom?

top topics

join