It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two former Blackwater contractors arrested for shooting two Afghans in 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Two former Blackwater contractors were arrested Thursday on murder charges in the shootings of two Afghans after a traffic accident last year, according to an indictment obtained by The Associated Press. The indictment charges Justin Cannon, 27, and Chris Drotleff, 29, with second-degree murder, attempted murder and weapons charges. FBI agents arrested both of them without incident, said Peter Carr, a spokesman with the U.S. attorney's office in Virginia's eastern district. Both men have said in recent interviews with The Associated Press that they were justified in opening fire on a car that caused an accident in front of their vehicle, then turned and sped toward them. The indictment says the shooting at a Kabul intersection killed two people. At least one other person was injured. The military veterans worked for Paravant, a subsidiary of Xe, the company formerly known as Blackwater. Both Cannon, of Corpus Christi, Texas, and Drotleff, of Virginia Beach, Va., were fired after the shooting for failing to comply with the terms of their contract. "I feel comfortable firing my weapon any time I feel my life is in danger," Drotleff said in a recent interview. "That night, my life was 100 percent in danger." The investigation is the latest push in the U.S. government's attempt to increase oversight of contractor activities in war zones after a series of problems in Iraq strained relations between Washington and Baghdad. Several Blackwater contractors had been charged with 14 counts of manslaughter for their role in a 2007 shooting in Baghdad's Nisoor Square, but a judge dropped those charges last week.

www.mlive.com...

You'd think with all of the incidents with Blackwater killing innocent people that we would actually stop hiring them.

NOPE.

The US hires MERCENARIES to avoid a draft because there is no way Americans would support one.

End the war.

new topics

join