It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. 1 persecutor tests weapons on Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Your interpretation of the words attributed to Jesus is patently absurd, and your interpretation has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

That North Korea uses Christians as guinea pigs for their monstrous 'scientific' tests should make any decent human being cry out in outrage. If they were singling out Buddhists for such tests, it would be just as heinous and deserving of the average human being's outrage.

This thread derailing because some posters have a problem with Christianity is the sort of thing I thought Mods would intervene and stop.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by moocowman
27 would contextually be completely out of place if taken as part of Jesus' narrative.

Incorrect. How is it "contextually" out of place, when this preceeds it?

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

Clearskies is claiming that 27 is part of the parable ie 14 repeating itself, which it is clearly not. Basically 27 is saying I am that nobleman in the far country, so Clearskies is deliberately reading it out of context.

In the parable the nobleman who claims to have received authority to be king does not insist on decenters being being slain before him.

Jesus is obviously using the parable to reinforce his claim to the throne and making it clear that anyone who rejects him as their king will be killed.

You may or may not continue to argue the context problem but there can be little doubt to the meaning of 27

these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Your interpretation of the words attributed to Jesus is patently absurd

Really ? And who exactly gives you authority to have the final say on what jesus meant ?

and your interpretation has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

Again this is just your opinion,

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

This thread derailing because some posters have a problem with Christianity is the sort of thing I thought Mods would intervene and stop.

I have a problem with any theology or philosophy that or atheist madman that prescribes harm or retribution to those who reject it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Please stay on topic: No. 1 persecutor tests weapons on Christians. Posts submitted after this announcement that are off topic will be removed.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join