It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus AKA God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh, Fun!
A temple with a mosque next to it, and from the high places, looking down on it, Catholic churches.
The two witnesses of Revelation lying dead in the street of the place where the lord was crucified, aka Jerusalem.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
Yep! I was hoping you'd catch that, since you've been reading Revelation studies. I cracked the book recently and was struck by that realization.

The book was written after the destruction, so the beast once was, now is not, but will arise again. Papal Rome was actually an image, Nazi Germany, another image, modern American Zionism is the current image of Patristic Empire reviving the first incarnation of the beast. Rerun of Persian empire backing of rebuilding Jerusalem and temple in Ezra's day.

The real prophets of God then were Daniel and Zechariah, though Zechariah was split between Yawistic and One God prophesy, similar to Jerimiah. Zechariah went mad as a result, and was killed after proclaiming the future destruction of the grand project just started which at first he said would last forever and Jerusalem would never be broken again. Mind breaking prophesying from vastly different sources. Of course Zechariah is my favorite OT prophet. We are so alike him and me.

Ezekial, 2 & 3 Isaiah represent the looking back to Solomon's glory. As such they have nothing whatsoever to do with me or my simple Pagan beliefs. I reject them completely.

The logical question would be: Why keep the Torah and cast off some prophets? Quite simply, the Exodus YHWH makes no claim of being the One God, therefore the real YHWH is preserved as who he is: clan-god of Israel, and the One God who is is allowed to be. In Ezekial, 2 & 3 Isaiah some one else is claiming to be YHWH and the One who is at the same time, thus misrepresenting YHWH and God at the same time.

This is evidence to me that some one is faking being God. There is some one claiming to be prince of the world, clan god for all mankind, a super YHWH so to speak.

I say Jesus is my Lord(YHWH) for he is my clan-god. Who then is God? The One he and I both call Father. The One who is, the One who is completed as One by acting in and behind the visible universe.

Contrast Jesus with 'the prince of this world'. Jesus was baptized and heard the regal announcement from heaven, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." He was then led to the desert to be tempted by the devil. The regal declaration made him messiah, what manner of messiah would he be? One like Solomon or one radically different? Solomon bent knee to every imaginable god or 'clan-god' in the world, and he gained a great empire that received tribute from every surrounding nation. Jesus refused to bow down to the all-in-one self proclaimed prince of this world. The world empire of Solomon is not the kingdom of God and His Christ.

Seek, therefore the kingdom of God, and know that that kingdom is not the worldly power and dominion which is offered by 'the prince of this world'.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by pthena]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If someone can prove to me that King James (Illuminati) didn't tamper with the Bible or that the The Holt Roman Emperor Constantine ( a pagan) didn't destroy valuable texts that were once part of the Bible, I would be a happier man.

It seems the Council of Nicea decided there was a "Holy Trinity" in 325 AD, and the Christ was born in December on the Pagan Holiday of the Winter Solstice, instead of the Month of August, as other documents once indicated.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mcguyvermanolo

Trinity is just a word meaning a group of three.
Christians believed in a trinity before Nicea.
The difference was that Nicea established a body that has the power to decide exactly how that word applies to church doctrine. They decided what it meant, how it is to be used, and how to enforce this on everyone, including the power of inflicting death on anyone who does not agree with what this pagan (meaning the one presiding over it was not a Christian) convocation can force a number of the attendees to sign onto.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My updated defense of Paul
Paul VS Judaizers or Pthena to Neo-Yahwists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by pthena]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Trinity is just a word meaning a group of three.
Christians believed in a trinity before Nicea.

1st century christians didnt worship JC as God

the trinity teaching is a corruption coming from pagan converts . triune god-states exist in pre-christian religions all around the mediterranean . & these converts over time tried to mate their old & new beliefs

the arguments got so bad the councils were called

so while some people calling themselves christian today participate in poisionous snake dance rituals , that doesnt mean that also is a part of christian doctrine

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad_cf

It's a contradiction in terms to say that a man is god, since the definition of a god is to not be human. There are anthropomorphic gods and monster gods. So a god could look similar to a man and have similar attributes but it is understood that in a deeper sense, they are different.
A man can have certain personality traits that reflect those of the god he represents and can, as the official designated representative of said god, receive worship due to that god. If that worship takes another step that includes the belief that this human representative of the god is actually a god himself, then rationality goes out the window and the real god will become annoyed with the now heretics.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join