It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch-doctors reveal extent of child sacrifice in Uganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Witch-doctors reveal extent of child sacrifice in Uganda

news.bbc.co.uk

The Ugandan government told us that human sacrifice is on the increase, and according to the head of the country's Anti-Human Sacrifice Taskforce the crime is directly linked to rising levels of development and prosperity, and an increasing belief that witchcraft can help people get rich quickly.

In the course of our investigation we witnessed the ritual torching of the shrine of a particularly active witch-doctor in northern Uganda by anti-sacrifice campaigners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I had known there was a history of child sacrifice in many cultchers. I was not away it was still being practiced, or to what extent. The source article states that one witch doctor had admitted to killing seventy children, including his own son. The authorities have also stated that the practice has been on the rise with the prosperity of the country. The witch doctor said that people come to him hoping the sacrifice will bring quick wealth. It is at least good to hear that they are working to end the practice.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

The worst thing is that it goes on in prosperous, 1st world countries, without people getting caught!!!!
Many of these people have lots of money, compounds for privacy and power.
Cases of Human sacrifice
I mean, the Franklin Scandal is only ONE EXAMPLE of the stuff that can go on!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have lived and worked in Uganda. On the streets of Kampala the capital you will see fast food places, people with mobile phones and other trappings. I've seen the first escalator and the first cash machine! There are some rich suburbs where government high ups, Asian entrepreneurs, diplomats and expats live - big white houses with staff and expensive 4 wheel drives. But this is just so much surface veneer. Most of the population lives in shacks or mud huts with tin or straw roofs. And despite the prevalence of bible thumping Christianity and Islam, the old ways are still there. Someone seen stealing from a market could very well be hunted down and killed by a mob. As for child sacrifice, just a few years back my friend who lives permanently there, told me that the nursery school which her child went to had locked the children in that day. Why? The foundations of a new Shell petrol station were being laid and the staff feared that an attempt would be made to take a child to sacrifice for good fortune.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Unicorn
wow thanks so much for your contribution. It is good to hear from some one who was living there. I would help more now if some one could post is currently living there also.

new topics

top topics

join