It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are What We Eat "Unfortunately"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
January 07, 2010

1) Food, Inc.

"We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, herbicide-resistant
soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of
E. coli—the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000
Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among
children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults."

www.foodincmovie.com...

2) Chicken From China

"Avoid eating farm salmon, cod or any other fish from any fishfarm anywhere!
These fish are often diseased, always dosed with antibiotics, taste terrible -
and escapees are wiping out wild fish populations."

www.willthomasonline.net...

3) Window cleaning chemical injected into fast food hamburger meat

"If you're in the beef business, what do you do with all the extra cow parts and
trimmings that have traditionally been sold off for use in pet food? You scrape
them together into a pink mass, inject them with a chemical to kill the e.coli,
and sell them to fast food restaurants to make into hamburgers."

www.naturalnews.com...

4) Sugar May Be Bad, But This Sweetener Is Far More Deadly

"Scientists have proved for the first time that fructose, a cheap form of sugar
used in thousands of food products and soft drinks, can damage human metabolism
and is fueling the obesity crisis."

articles.mercola.com...

Now if I can eliminate all sugar and fructose products I could have a good 2010 - nutritionally speaking that is. For those who are interested in a healthier diet in the coming year and beyond there is some good information here.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well i live on mash, ketchup and chocolate ^__^
so at least if i turn into foods ill still be cool

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

The all mighty food chain!! What humans do to this world, and our food sources come back to us in the end! Such as most humans do not eat mice, and rats.. But we do eat many things that do eat mice and rats!

This is one reason why I do not consume to much seafood or fish products!
The mercury contained in these fish eating them for a long period of time can be bad news!

However in this day and age, we really don't have much choice in our food products.. We put our faith into the system to make sure our food is safe..

Only a very small percent of us can really feed our own families with our own crops. 98% of all Americans go to the store to get our stock for the week or month..
Sure we can have many choices.. But they are merely illusions.. You can only eat what they put out...
And they can say what ever they want on a box, and ship it out..
But in the end.. We are what we eat.. and its one of the small reasons why we have so many issues, and sicknesses..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am what I eat, I eat happy.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It surprises me that we're already into 2010, and still many people haven't gotten a clue. You're correct, HFCS is horrible. As is fruit juices. Fruits are okay, though. The fiber balances the fructose.

If you want to lose lbs, just quit drinking sodas, fruit juices, and beer or wine. If you must drink, try something like gin and tonic, or just shoot some vodka. I go a step further, and eat only whole foods, and mostly organic. Pricey, but I can tell my health is much better.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Most people have a clue they just don't want to change, I also eat only whole foods and organic, in fact am a vegetarian, good idea to stay away from wheat products like breads and pasta if possible, they make you gain and retain weight, dairy products do the same.
Actually organic products have come way down in price, at least in this area..I find they are only pennies more per pound.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

No dairy for me. Seem to be lactose intolerant. Whole wheat bread and pasta is a must for myself, though. Weight isn't much of an issue. My metabolism is quite high. People tell me several times a year to start eating more. I just remain silent. I want to scream at them, "No, you are overweight. I'm not skinny, the average person is either fat or obese" !! 6ft 145-150lbs. A healthy weight for my slightly athletic build.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I am also slim and get the same flack from people who are over weight, not saying you should stay away from wheat products, moderation is the key.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
All these reasons and more is the reason I eat exclusivy fruits and leafy greens from farmers I trust

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
All these reasons and more is the reason I eat exclusivy fruits and leafy greens from farmers I trust

Good for you, not all of us live near farms but I am lucky in that there are two organic markets close by and they label where their products come from, in season they use local fruits and vegetables..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
4) Sugar May Be Bad, But This Sweetener Is Far More Deadly

"Scientists have proved for the first time that fructose, a cheap form of sugar
used in thousands of food products and soft drinks, can damage human metabolism
and is fueling the obesity crisis."

I'm being picky here, but I think it's worth pointing out.

Fructose IS sugar. Common table sugar is sucrose, half fructose/half glucose. High Fructose Corn Syrup is corn syrup that has added fructose, which makes it nearly identical to table sugar. It's literally the same thing as sucrose and is found in nearly all processed foods and sodas.

Fructose, the sweetest of all sugars and sweeteners, by itself is dangerous; add glucose and you've got a sugar that is extremely lipogenic ( creates and/or stores fat ).

How? When sugar is consumed the glucose starts to hit the bloodstream immediately, spiking blood sugar and subsequently insulin. Fructose goes directly to the liver to be metabolized and the liver will convert it into VLDL and triglycerides. Insulin regulates the storage of those lipids into the fat cells.

Without glucose, fructose still metabolizes in the liver (the only site in the body that can) elevating VLDL and Triglycerides causing atherogenic (heart disease) effects and also causing Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). Alcohol (ethenol) metabolizes identically to fructose and both have almost identical effects on the body.

A byproduct of fructose metabolism is also uric acid which leads to Gout and high blood pressure.

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

-Dev

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Thank you for your post and links, all I can say is I am glad I don't drink soda or eat processed food of any kind...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
When sugar is consumed the glucose starts to hit the bloodstream immediately, spiking blood sugar and subsequently insulin.

O rly? Sugar only causes this problem in its refined form, the sugar found in whole ripe fruits doesn't cause this.

I monitored my blood sugar using a blood sugar testing device, the same kind diabetics may use. It showed no discernible spikes in blood sugar throughout the trial whatsoever — absolutely none. In fact, my blood sugar remained incredibly steady throughout the trial. My highest blood sugar reading of the trial was 94, which is still medium-low. All that sweet fruit in my diet simply did not have any adverse effect on my blood sugar. Eating this way gave my blood sugar more consistency than ever. I couldn’t spike my blood sugar on this diet if I tried. Even eating 19 bananas in one day made no difference.

www.stevepavlina.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

You are correct in that refined sugar is the problem, I eat very little sugar but when I do it's raw sugar of course which is light brown and unbleached..

top topics

join