It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
The prudes of this world need to get over their shame of nudity....especially when no cloths are being removed.
my 2-cents

Sounds like some Americans will miss the point right up until the time they pull the plugs on their tvs. Just my 2-cents.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Whats the big deal is a picture of a body. We all have one...
kx

wow captain obvious.

The big deal is our rights are being once again trampled on and for what? To line the pockets of chertoff and some hidden agenda... These will not save anyone. What about someone surgically implanting a bomb, Is that machine going to be able to pick it up. No. Like drug mules...

How do they expect to get away with this.

O wait I forgot I live in a country that wants us dumb...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by anoymous7]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

Originally posted by Aggie Man
The prudes of this world need to get over their shame of nudity....especially when no cloths are being removed.
my 2-cents

Sounds like some Americans will miss the point right up until the time they pull the plugs on their tvs. Just my 2-cents.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

THANK YOU!!! thats my whole point!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about the radiation than any invasion of privacy.

They are using X-Rays, but they use the more friendly term "terahertz radiation", as if it is any less dangerous.

The other fact overlooked is that if you make it impossible to get through, they will simply attack something else. They will only move the problem, not eliminate it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

How could you honestly think it's not nude...

Nude:
A person without clothing

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
How can anyone defend putting children/loved ones through these things?!

I can answer that question easily with 19 images of my own (placed into one image to save space...):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/593756fb80da.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't care one damn bit if they look like nudes if it keeps my "children/loved ones" safe from harm while flying the Unfriendly skies! GROW UP!!! We are all naked when we enter this world, and if these scanners keep us safe, then so be it!!!

And to be serious, I feel sorry for the poor TSA workers who will have the task of viewing these images, because for every one of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c44282affa7.jpg[/atsimg]
that they see, there will be at least 100 of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff665de11b61.jpg[/atsimg]
Yeah, sign me up for that gig, would ya!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kieithsage

i do understand that there is a need to question and explore all these situations as they pertain to us ...

i just don't think it's conducive to our well-being if we're determined to see "monsters under our beds", so to speak.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I agree 100%!!!

Everyone arguing how "it makes us safer" and "I'm willing to sacrifice my privacy if it helps stop terrorism" are making a GRAVE error in judgement.

First and foremost...Our country was NOT founded on these principles, and we are allowing our government to incrementally take away our rights one after the next. It's called a gradual overtaking. They do it one step at a time, and before you know it, we've given over complete control and been stripped away of our basic rights as citizens under the U.S. Constitution!!!

Furthermore...If anyone actually believes these will stop terrorism, then I have some water front property in New Orleans I'd like to sell you!

Regardless if you believe that 9/11 as actually perpetrated by Muslim extremists without any knowledge or assistance from our own government (which I do not), you can't possibly believe that infringing upon the rights of the masses will deter people determined to kill themselves and others if they so choose. It's like gun control, taking the guns away from those who actually care if they're breaking the law or not...Criminals do not obtain firearms by conventional means, and terrorists won't simply give up because we have full body scans...They'll find a way around them regardless.

I'll never understand how some people voluntarily waive their Constitutional rights without any regard...Please, open your eyes to the bigger picture!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

I hate to break it to you, but there is no place in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to go screaming through the sky in a long silver tube! Should you choose to do so, then you also choose to be searched for the safety of all of the rest of us, including those of us who are on the ground, as said silver tubes, when blown up, tend to fall on those of us not flying to and fro...

You don't want your 'rights' violated, DON'T FLY!!! Simple, ain't it!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

I hate to break it to you, but there is no place in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to go screaming through the sky in a long silver tube! Should you choose to do so, then you also choose to be searched for the safety of all of the rest of us, including those of us who are on the ground, as said silver tubes, when blown up, tend to fall on those of us not flying to and fro...

You don't want your 'rights' violated, DON'T FLY!!! Simple, ain't it!

If they implement these things in all facets of our lives I guess you are okay with that. Want to go to the store for food? Go through the exray, don't like it? Don't eat.

REally people, how can you not see the problem with this? For reasons I care not to share, I have seen first hand people smuggling drugs into jail. It's that easy....in JAIL. If a terrorist wants to smuggle something on a plane, well men have one option........should all men then be subjected to anal cavity searches? I guess all you guys out there who don't care about a TSA agent looking at your "junk" also don't mind bending over and having Big Bertha searching your a hole do you?

Geez guys, get a grip, this is not about invasion of privacy, or being a prude, this is about our government putting new rules in place and jack holes like you say, okay! My God, Allah, Buhda, whatever........how much more are you willing to take for a little safety????

And to answer the question brought up often in this thread, YEAH, I would rather be dead than have my 5 year old daughter walk through one of those scanners and potentially ruin her chances of having children. I don't think the chances are high that I will be BLOWN OUT OF THE SKY by a terrorist. But I do think the chances are high that these machines are meant for only evil. Either by the government, or medically.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My problem with this is that fact that this new security system has been put into place because of 9/11 and other terror attacks. There is countless amounts of information on this site and the rest of the web that 9/11 was an inside job.

This security has been put into place to make it look like the Government is actually trying to do something to prevent terrorism so more people believe their story. Therefore it is an invasion of privacy because the Government has no reason to be spying on us
Or
Someone is making a lot of money over the Terrorism hype, once again it is still an invasion of privacy because the equipment is not required.

On another note, i would prefer a body scan over a cavity search any day

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but there is no place in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to go screaming through the sky in a long silver tube!

WHOAH...I can;t believe I'm reading this...This isn't about the plane, it's about YOUR BODY...Which most certainly is protected by the Constitution. By your rational, we should have absolutely ZERO rights when inside of a vehicle either, right?

Should you choose to do so, then you also choose to be searched for the safety of all of the rest of us, including those of us who are on the ground, as said silver tubes, when blown up, tend to fall on those of us not flying to and fro...

You really believe this makes you safer? I'm sure a terrorist fully loaded with weapons is going to forget about the body scan at an airport and get caught, right? Never mind having inside connections who will smuggle weapons into the plane regardless.

This is a dangerous way of thinking...What makes us safer is protecting and securing our RIGHTS as American citizens, NOT giving them up under the false guise of national security. What a joke!

Originally posted by JaxonRobertsYou don't want your 'rights' violated, DON'T FLY!!! Simple, ain't it!

This is the worst argument, and one of the most popular. Sure, why not deprive myself of the creature comforts enjoyed by the masses simply because I refuse to give up my rights...What's next, don't drive, don't walk in the city, don;t leave my house? Because, you see, this is where this type of thinking eventually leads. It will keep getting worse until someone actually puts a stop to it. You can't simply avoid the problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
How can anyone defend putting children/loved ones through these things?!

I can answer that question easily with 19 images of my own (placed into one image to save space...):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/593756fb80da.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't care one damn bit if they look like nudes if it keeps my "children/loved ones" safe from harm while flying the Unfriendly skies! GROW UP!!! We are all naked when we enter this world, and if these scanners keep us safe, then so be it!!!

And to be serious, I feel sorry for the poor TSA workers who will have the task of viewing these images, because for every one of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c44282affa7.jpg[/atsimg]
that they see, there will be at least 100 of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff665de11b61.jpg[/atsimg]
Yeah, sign me up for that gig, would ya!!!

Totally off topic but there are some guys out there that find the images of the "larger" women just as hot. Go figure, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Get over yourself and come up with a legitiamite arguement would ya?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The density of some of you is enough to bend light around this thread... SERIOUSLY! So, to protect your 'rights', the 'gubermint' should just do nothing and let you and whoever else wants to board a plane just do so and we can all just cross our fingers and hope that there aren't any fundamentalist zealots, or psychos, or political extremists, or ambitious serial killers, or just some guy who's PO'ed at the world on the plane who want the rest of the passengers dead, along with as many on the ground as they can take out as well...

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND YOUR PRECIOUS RIGHTS!!!!

To quote the guy in my avatar... "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

who cares about wether or not they see your bits, these dam things can split your DNA! They can create tiny bubbles in your DNA strand and blow it apart! And yet we're still getting them everywhere! Good luck if your an unborn baby

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination
reply to post by alaskan

who cares about wether or not they see your bits, these dam things can split your DNA! They can create tiny bubbles in your DNA strand and blow it apart! And yet we're still getting them everywhere! Good luck if your an unborn baby

Now THAT'S a legitimate reason to not have these things... That is of course, if it's true... Source please???

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I read about these machines and googled terahertz and DNA, it's something to do with the freqencey itself, even tho it is very weak apparently it can have a resonant effect inside the strand itself and boom! I'll nick off and find the page

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Funny, I don't remember the need for all this "securtiy" before 9/11 and we were all flying safetly aside from the rouge terrorist or TWA flight 800 and what not. Really think about how many planes have been "blown out of the sky" before and after 9/11. Do you honestly think these scanners would have stopped those 19 hijackers? I am not real friendly with my butt except for wiping it, but if I wanted to smuggle a box knife on a plance I would surely put it in the hiney. Get a grip man! Think outside the box! Things can be hidden from those scanners. Hell I can think up all kinds of ways to hide crap. I'm a women, ever heard of a tampon. These things can be hidden, so can box knives and mini explosives. I really want to restrain myself from calling people what I really want to say............but I won't.............DUMB DUMB BABIES!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

Good point.. what about pregnant women? I don't care about the nudity thing really (so long as they security guy doesn't start smirking) but I have cancer in the family and this could increase my risk of developing it. What is better.. to die in a bomb blast or in a cancer ward? thats a crappy trade off.. especialy given goverments are constantly scare mongering over smoking and cancer.. yet they are fine with exposing passengers to this form radiation?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

heres the page http
://news.softpedia.com/news/How-Terahertz-Waves-Influence-DNA-125734.shtml

also they apparently can't see very far into the body anyway, so whats the point?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join