It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

those pictures cant be true, it doesnt show skin and colour does it?

I was under the assumption it was like that screen Homer Simpson walks through at work wheres it just bones, and metal.

Do they have the "invisble clothes" technology?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
...Wake up people...

I'm wide awake. I've read 1984, this is not 1984. I am a US citizen. I, as a citizen, welcome this technology. So, tell me then, how is the government forcing this on ME?

so, perhaps it it YOU who needs to
wake up

Or maybe you need to take a nap...but I won't presume to know your "awareness" status.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is a link to a scanner demo, do you really want to do this? I don't. Note the lady screener's remarks.

video.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Here is a better image of the one they showed in that video clip...honestly, I can't see anything worth mentioning....except maybe a little a$$ crack.

www.projo.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
So when it comes to arguing against the use of the full body scanners at airports, a ton of people argue the (semantics) point that it's not an actual naked image, it's a computer generated blue blob.

ADMIN EDIT: images removed as they violate our no nudity policy.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Crakeur]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by alaskan]

Mwahahah!! I love it!

Admins say it is a nude picture.

Mwahaha!! This is rich!

Yeah... I don't go to the airports. It's much more intelligent to drive.

Anyone here who is dumb enough to believe that flying is safer travel is stupid. It is safer when you are in control of your own mobility.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by alaskan

those pictures cant be true, it doesnt show skin and colour does it?

I was under the assumption it was like that screen Homer Simpson walks through at work wheres it just bones, and metal.

Do they have the "invisble clothes" technology?

You're thinking of it like an xray machine, but it's more like an MRI.

It can go layer by layer, peeling off clothes or skin. They're adjustable and the companies have said that they can see breast implants if they set it to see through the skin.

Reread the first post to figure out the color thing...

Originally posted by Aggie Man

It's not a search...it's imaging. Do you have a problem with metal detectors too?

Ummm... Can metal detectors take clear images of my penis? Can they zoom in and count the individual hairs in my ass crack?
How is a strip search "not a search?"

So, tell me then, how is the government forcing this on ME?

Are you really not able to see?
Right now it's "Just don't fly anywhere if you don't want to get scanned."
Next it'll be "Oh just stay in this state if you don't want to get scanned."
"Just don't go to that game if you don't want to get scanned."
"Just don't go to class if you don't want to get scanned."
"Just don't go to that store if you don't want to get scanned."

Oh no, there's nothing wrong with any of that...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Here is a better image of the one they showed in that video clip...honestly, I can't see anything worth mentioning....except maybe a little a$$ crack.

www.projo.com...

Actually, that's pretty graphic. That link is nudity.

Just because some people are whorish and promiscuous and don't think there is such thing as "sanctity", that doesn't mean that all of us have been completely ruined. Some of us actually still have some shame and intelligence.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Anyone here who is dumb enough to believe that flying is safer travel is stupid. It is safer when you are in control of your own mobility.

Really....REALLY? come on now...you're just trying to get a rise. When city streets and highways have "traffic controllers" to prevent someone else's mobility from crashing into your mobility...then driving may be safer.

The safest: Trains! AND with trains, you can get a private car...even get a bed and meals...woohoo....trains are going to be the "in" thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Have you ever seen a penis? (rhetorical question) Because that aint what they look like. nothing graphic IMO...of course, I'm not prudish either.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Plus that's just the resolution setting they decided to use to show the public.
Do tech companies always reveal their real top notch capabilities?

It's so people like aggie man will go around thinking they're just looking at a blob, when it's clearly not the case.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Plus that's just the resolution setting they decided to use to show the public.
Do tech companies always reveal their real top notch capabilities?

It's so people like aggie man will go around thinking they're just looking at a blob, when it's clearly not the case.

It's people like Alaskan who think that after looking at 10,000+ of those images a day...that airport screeners will see anything BUT a blob.

Why don't you go complain to the ACLU...I hear they take charity cases

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The system in that video is by Rapiscan. It does use low value X-rays..whassat? you do not get a cover for your bits, 'cos they have to see them. In any case the Slovak got through two airports with real explosives in his suitcase!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well damn, does that mean I don't have to wear pants in public anymore? Unless its cold of course, haha.

Pretty sad that the world is coming to scanners to see through your clothes for weapons or drugs.

Time to have a clothing optional law.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The images in the OP appear to be fake. Dead give away is the fact that these scanners penetrate clothing and hair.

Authentic images captured from full body scanners all have one thing in common. The subjects of the images all appear bald.

It's also interesting how the subjects jeans don't appear to have a zipper, or rivets on pockets. The clasp on her bra strap (which is apparent through her shirt in the "unscanned" image doesn't appear either.

I'm sure if we looked at it long enough, we could pick out a million things that don't add up. Like the bracelet or watch, that seems to vanish in the "scanned" image...

Look, I'm against full body scanning at airports, but this is a contortion of the facts just for the sake of it...

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Unit541]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is also a bit of a row going on in the Eu about the use of these scanners, although the Italians among others, are happy to use them for American flights. It's getting silly already. Another thing is this is a computer system, that means everyone's pic is being stored, whey hey..who needs fingerprints.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
...noone can board a plane with anything dangerous.

Except, that there's enough stuff on a plane that can be used to hijack it or bring it down.
Hell, on an overseas flight you should have enough time to pry off a plastic cover, sharpen it on your seat, and then shank the pilot. There are loads of things you could do to a plane if only you use your imagination like an evil McGuyver...

The point is that there will always be people who are willing to use violence, and they will find ways to commit it.
Screening systems only provide people with a false sense of security. Which is cheaper than addressing the true problems in our world.
A frightened mind put at ease with fake security is more likely to succumb to an outward power. We need to accept responsibility for our own life, and that of our fellow human beings, not lay it into the arms of anybody. Giving up your responsibility means giving up your freedom. You don't know what other people will do with it!
Stop the madness! Stand up for yourselves! Realize: You are going to die! It's a natural phenomenon...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i can't wait for the pics of j lo

jk

[edit on 7-1-2010 by all2human]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

ATM [edit] rather aggieman, do you really think I am that stupid, the images in your post have been manipulated and not the exact same as my link, I post again.

video.yahoo.com...
It's important to know these images can be set to a certain depth/peel by the machine operator. You will also note in my link, that the screener is a woman screening a man, while the understanding is that the profiles should be taken by a same sex person. I also understand that an organisation called EPIC have filed suit in the US against the DHS for not providing a technical specification on these X-ray machines.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by smurfy]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join