It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by C0bzz
Could someone please explain to me how getting scanned at an airport in a different manner is a loss of freedom?

If that needs explanation, you sir, are beyond hope. Just get in line with all the other sheeple and get ready for your slave master's instructions.

Dont waste your time romanmel, it will never sink in, the conditioning has been 100% successful on some. Some you win some you lose, whats amazing is the measures in place now were the ANSWER, and they failed, and theyll keep failing (by design) until like I stated earlier:
"will the passengers please now change into their in flight gowns"
"the ankle and wrist restraints are designed for your comfort"
"please submit all notorized blood samples at the breathalyzer station"
"when traveling the interstate please present papers at checkpoints"
"your thoughts are unacceptable please insert head into shredder"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
OK, I venture you'll not understand, but no searching of the innocent should be done...NONE. Why search those who abide by the law? Search the databases available and no one who is suspect flies. Don't assume all citizens are terrorists.

This my friend is what many who say "big deal" just can't let penitrate into their heads. This is a VIOLATION of privacy.

People who are innocent should NOT be subjected to this.

But then they come back with the mentality that "well, how do you find the criminal if you don't search everyone?"

We could have a VERY long discussion about that mentality too. It's called sacrifice freedoms for security and that leads to a very bad situation in your homeland.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

That was quite funny even though I'm on the other side of the argument.
Head into shredder - love it

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Well said...

Waking some up may be impossible but one has to realize that many of the young don't remember what it used to be like to be FREE. I do and it was great and could be again.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For those of you that do not understand how this can be seen as a loss of freedom. There is a little something called the Bill of Rights in America. Specifically the 4th amendment guarding against unreasonable searches and seizures. There is also something called probable cause.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nobody has the right to search my person without probable cause. I am not a criminal and did nothing wrong by walking into an airport to catch a flight. They do not have the right to do what ever they want.

This is my final post in this thread. For those freedom loving people, keep fighting the fight and don't give in.

To those that live in fear and support unreasonable searches of your person. Enjoy your chains of slavery and I hope you feel safe.

Peace...

[edit on 1/8/2010 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You people are living in fear. Time and time again you people have made false analogies like the government setting up cameras in my house, and anal cavity searches. Apparently my" conditioning has been 100% successful" and I should "get in line with all the other sheeple and get ready for [my] slave master's instructions." It would be funny if it weren't so sad (and delusional).

We could have a VERY long discussion about that mentality too. It's called sacrifice freedoms for security and that leads to a very bad situation in your homeland.

Yes. Security measures that you can opt out (and go for traditional security), that also improve boarding times. Things like that.

Nobody has the right to search my person without probable cause.

Well first of all you're practically searching yourself. I bet you're against current airport security also, you know, the security you get if you opt out of the scanners?

[edit on 8/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

FIVE STARS for you DOC VELOCITY... Actually, you know I think that a simple metal backed adhesive tape might work!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

If you can't understand why some people would consider a full body image that basically shows you in the nude as an invastion of privacy and freedom then I really don't know what to say.

You got that right.
The other side of the issue cleverly capitalizes on peoples' fear in order to contain them. In the end; the answer might be out of the scope of the arguments occurring in thread here.

I believe the only real answer has everything to do with the fact if we were to employ travel technologies that our modern society dictates that we should be using, the problem would be avoided all-together.

Society has gotten bigger than its', "applied technology". A cloak and dagger guy told me: You guys are cave men compared to us. You're the cattle, and we're the cattle farmers. unquote.

It's an issue of, "whose got the power"; and that's it. They get the good stuff and we get the hamster wheel.

I find it sickening that peoples rights are being so cleverly disallowed. They have the carefully designed plan developed through generations, and we have but one generation at a time basically to see and react.

I am sorry that most of you people do not have an issue with them being able to, "inspect" childrens' bodies. A bunch of destroyed/roboticised perspectives indeed.

Way past time to, "react".

[edit on 8-1-2010 by noconsequence]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think me with all my OLD rolls of girth should just be allowed to show up at the airport naked.

We say nudity is ok in scanners but it is not ok to show up naked.

Ok, so I can't show my nudity to the general public, only my masters.
Can I show up to court naked?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

Me either. I just told my GF that I WILL NEVER PASS THROUGH a scanner for any reason. My only fear is...where will these things show up next? The day may come when there is simply no way to avoid them---especially when I see the mindset of so many, even here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
especially when I see the mindset of so many, even here on ATS.

Yes. Some must be getting paid. Others must be thinking their, "dark master" will reward them.

Whatever reason it is that absolutely eludes me. There's no, "sane" reason to loose freedom to gain security; because that's Not security. That does indicate that the driving motivation was fear, rather than consciousness.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Damn I was going to go with the 4th amendment but someone beat me to it. The extra part of the violation is that the illegal search is being carried out by government officials.

If you want to sell me on whole body scanners you have to first fix the problems in the system that caused all this.

Accountability, more bomb dogs in the airport and no flying with oneway cash bought tickets, no bags and no passport.

And the argument that the TSA people that are going to be looking at you naked wont have contact with you is stupid. These TSA screeners are paid $12-$13 and hour. You might make more money a year flipping burgers. You bet theres going to be a website setup within days of these scanners in use. It will be like peopleofwalmart but better cause then everyone is naked!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by BingeBob]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am dumbfounded that so many cannot see how this is a loss of freedom.

So you can opt out of the scan in exchange for a frisk..WHAT?? So you elect for the frisk and get on a plane with explosives jammed up your rear, go to the restroom and boom! Or perhaps as someone else stated, how about surgically implanted explosives?
Next up rectal and vaginal exams.

They know the safety measures will be inadequate, just like the lists they have are inadequate because they do not use the laws already on the books effectively. So we move on with more fear created and more inadequate safety measures put in place, and every one slowly erodes at your freedom.

I have an idea, why don’t we go after the number one killers first!!
Pharmaceutical drugs.

The terrorists have won, we are collectively scared and willing to give up sovereignty for protection and deserve neither!

Bunch of cowards.
Rambo the brave heart out.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I see the fear tactics used by government still work on the gullible. These scanners will do nothing to stop attacks. If someone has their mind set on carrying out some sort of attack they'll find a way. Those of you that see no problem with these scanners need to take some time and really think about this. All of us will die, there is no way around it. You could have a Pulmonary embolism and be dead before you finish reading this sentence. You can only truly live once you give up that fear of death. Stop living in fear and letting those in power use it to control you.

These scanners are nothing more than a money maker for someone and a cheap, easy way out for the government instead of actually addressing the problems, they create a band aid of sorts to mask the real problems. This underwear bomber was known to U.S. intel agencies and yet was still allowed onto the plane. Why is that? Could it be to create some more fear to implement more "security" measures to keep all of us poor souls safe?

9/11 happens and the Patriot act comes out so fast that to me the only logical answer is that it was already drawn up and just needed an event to implement it.

I'll say this one again. Some guy that's on a no fly list, no passport, and who's own father tried to warn that he was up to something, was ignored by our intel agencies and allowed to board a plane, and within days the answer is full body scans?

Those of you so scared that you'll blindly allow these control measures to be put in place need to let go of that fear because it's clouding your judgment.

The whole thing to me isn't about the scans or the health dangers, it's about one more thing that the government says is to keep us safe when it's really them that we need to be wary of.

Makes me curious as to what they'll do to us next all in the name of keeping those of you too scared to just live safe. TPTB need to build a private fenced in city where all you cowards can go live under their safety controls and leave those of us that aren't afraid to live our lives as we see fit.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And this thread is a prime example of what brings down a forum like this.
People were (presumably) asked to give their honest opinion and then the fighting and the insults started.
Just another example of the 'I am right so you must be wrong and your opinion is rubbish' mindset.
Not much hope for the future here...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
where did the OP get this image...is it really a naked scanner image?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
And this thread is a prime example of what brings down a forum like this.
People were (presumably) asked to give their honest opinion and then the fighting and the insults started.
Just another example of the 'I am right so you must be wrong and your opinion is rubbish' mindset.
Not much hope for the future here...

That's just human nature my friend. Everyone likes to be right ,and no one likes to be wrong. I don't agree that it brings the forum down. In my opinion some of the replies it this thread goes to the heart of how people think when it comes to fear.

I do agree that we could do without the insults.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The airport body scanners are just the start-soon the cops will have hand held body scanners,which they can use to target passers by,without their consent or knowledge.

Article from 2007:

X-ray cameras that would "undress" passers-by in a bid to thwart terrorists concealing weapons, could be coming to a street near you, according to reports. Aside from the obvious privacy issues, would such a plan work? Leaked documents said to have been drawn up by the Home Office and seen by the Sun newspaper say cameras which can see through clothes could be built into lamp posts to "trap terror suspects". While Home Secretary John Reid has denied knowledge of the plans, the technology is not dissimilar to that already found in some UK airports. Currently, air security officials pick out individuals to stand in a booth while three pictures are taken of the person in slightly different positions. Within seconds, an X-ray scanner produces an image of the body, minus the clothes. What shows up is the naked human form and anything that may be concealed on the person, such as coins, a gun or drugs.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The authorities have wanted this technologyfor years,even though if you or I tried to take body scans of kids we would be put on the sex offeners list.(and rightly so)But its fine for the authorities to take naked pictures of your kids...PUKE CENTRAL.

We are being trained to renounce all forms of privicy in the name of security.
We are being told to walk through these scanners even though there is a possible cancer risk.
We are being treated like cattle by those who claim to have our best interests at heart.

Lets just hope theres a gigantic solar flare in 2012 that fries the circuitry of the NWO control/slavery machine,because I getting bloody sick to death of it all.
It wasn't supposed to be like this.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I personally believe the issues of the OP need to be addressed.. There are many people on ATS that think for some reason they must guide people into, rather than out of exchanging freedom for security.

Or are they really that naive/automatized? Both are the case I'm sure. The problem being the encroaching threat, and the need to take a stand.

Our world is being systematically dismantled. With present, "allowed" policy, I'm sure that just as they place undercover disruptors in protests, they are here too.

Thus while many of us are seeking to define the proper path to follow, it appears we are arguing because of said disruptors. Then of course you have a few people who are simply ignorant of the facts.

Good day.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm not thrilled about my less than perfect and svelt body being displayed in all its, um, "glory", but could probably manage to deal if I wanted or needed to fly someplace badly enough. What concerns me is that currently it takes about 2 minutes to do one of these scans. I don't need any more radiation exposure, thank you very much, and I certainly don't want my 7 year old daughter exposed to more radiation than is absolutely necessary either. I haven't seen any estimates on the amount of radiation one scan requires and what amount of exposure that generates and that concerns me. I'd like more information on that before I make any decisions or judgements.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join