It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by budro

I wasn't calling you a coward for expressing on the internet.

And you're so brave that you didn't have the balls to put my nick in that post? Wow... So much bravery.

You're a coward because you depend on others, and yet, you have no problems on calling THEM cowards when they work FOR YOU, for YOUR safety.

I have already said that I understand why some people have problems with this. Many also had when photography was invented, and even when X-ray was discovered.

But after the first shock, people will start to see the benefits, and after people realizing that this isn't the monster of privacy it seems, people will accept it because they will see the BENEFITS.

If you are going to be an activists of freedom because of a scan that shows the shape of the things close to your skin, then you already lost your freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe the quote goes something like this:

"He who sacrifices freedom for security , deserves neither" - Benjamine Franklin

So we sacrifice our freedom of privacey for security..

It does have some merrits to it tho.. But I, myself, am still not comfortable with the idea.. not of being naked, but of being scanned like a specimine in a lab.

Only time will tell tho, ultimatly.. How this will be used.. but it is the beginning...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

I don't consider safety giving up freedom...

...but I find it much worst when people don't even know what freedom is.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by budro

Yeah yeah...Right. I see machos like you everyday.

I am fairly confident you missed a few things, this has been done before, juts in a different setting.

Yes. Complete body searches have been made way before this was even possible, but people stopped flying, and it was invasive.

This system was born from that, since you only stay there and look into a wall, and you either pass, or don't, considering the amount of illegal stuff on you.

Man if you had any idea the type of fear I’ve faced you’d realize being off balance and having unstable footing wont shake me.

I'm sorry Rambo, didn't realize it was you.

You have defined the cowardice I speak of. I am willing to die for their protection and their freedom

LMAO! "Why did daddy die mommy?" "Well, he was a FREEDOM FIGHTER! He was in a flight where they didn't check all the passengers! What a hero!" "yeeeyy mommy, I'm much happier now...".

you on the other hand would prefer the slow erosion of that freedom and give over that freedom to TPTB so long as you can go home today and feel safe

Sure. The governament will control my life knowing how my balls look like. DAMN CIA!

You know what kind of freedom YOU are losing? The one you can't even notice, because you are concerned about a body scan. You're not brave, you just think you are.

Last thing, if I saw you today and we talked, Id call you a coward to your face.

C'mon, grow up! How old are you? 10?

This is not about my concern for body scans, I never mentioned it and I am sorry if you cannot see that this is much more than a protection device for our safety. This is another "brick in the wall" and the continuation of slow erosion of our freedom.

I suppose you forgot that you called me a coward for sitting at home judging others based off of something I read. Just wanted you to know I am not a keyboard warrior and would gladly call it like it is should we ever meet. BTW I’m 33.

I have no problem with your doubts as to my life experiences or abilities and find it disheartening that the idea is so farfetched from your point of view. My life has not been peachy cream and I’ve grown strong as a result, call me what you will, Rambo, Brave heart, coward, I don’t care. I imagine your life may have been fairly stable and I don’t hold it against you if you cannot imagine that there really are people out there with balls of steel, ready to defend freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Youre position is the reason for the argument against intrusion, it is also the reinforcement for its tolerance and acceptance of fear based living, the sky is falling, and the adoption of shedding responsibilities to be assumed by a collective.
I understand how you dont see it, and how you will argue against its very existence, and you will deny it until you hit your own personal wall.
Youre an example of conditioning for control.
I am not your emulate, we are allowed to disagree.
Youre probably very nice and genuine in your circle, yet I pick up from your prior posts that you are in fear and as you are "in the planes everyday" maybe the majority of the passengers "feel" that coming from you? since there are so many terrorists, surely you look at the passengers with suspect? We all die, but not many really really live. You can rip on me all you want, I really dont care.
You will... have your line crossed with loss of personal freedom someday, and I'll listen to you complain about it then.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by budro

I wasn't calling you a coward for expressing on the internet.

And you're so brave that you didn't have the balls to put my nick in that post? Wow... So much bravery.

You're a coward because you depend on others, and yet, you have no problems on calling THEM cowards when they work FOR YOU, for YOUR safety.

I have already said that I understand why some people have problems with this. Many also had when photography was invented, and even when X-ray was discovered.

But after the first shock, people will start to see the benefits, and after people realizing that this isn't the monster of privacy it seems, people will accept it because they will see the BENEFITS.

If you are going to be an activists of freedom because of a scan that shows the shape of the things close to your skin, then you already lost your freedom.

I DO NOT CARE about the scans. This is not about the scans. What about Nick? Lost me on that

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have a dedicated team of `eunuchs` operate the system .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slope just got slipperier .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Please, don't insult my intelligence by stating cheap psychiatrist stuff, it doesn't work with me (not insulting you).

it is also the reinforcement for its tolerance and acceptance of fear based living, the sky is falling, and the adoption of shedding responsibilities to be assumed by a collective.

The problem here is ignorance. Not the stupidity type of ignorance, but the simple fact that people don't realize what goes on in the backstages.

People don't understand the risk and safety in their lifes. Its hypocrit to accuse others of being cowards and incompetent when they work for your safety.

As for your remarks thowards me:

Youre an example of conditioning for control.
I am not your emulate, we are allowed to disagree.

No, I'm not. I'm just passionate about this subject because it "affects" me in a very direct way, and I don't like the way people are talking about some topics in here, just because they are ignorant.

Youre probably very nice and genuine in your circle, yet I pick up from your prior posts that you are in fear and as you are "in the planes everyday" maybe the majority of the passengers "feel" that coming from you?

I don't have fear. Much for the contrary, I actually have no fear because I trust the people around the airports where I land, and it doesn't apply to me.

I was just giving out some personal feedback, I'm not thinking about it all the time, I just trying to give out the perspective of a pilot. It is good to know that there are safety check ups, and is good to depende on other people with your safety, but I'm not obcessed about it. Never was.

And as for the passengers feeling that from me... No. Actually people think I'm very cold, but nice.

since there are so many terrorists, surely you look at the passengers with suspect?

You see, here is the problem. People are only obcessed with arabs and their bombs. To me, you have already lost your freedom of thinking because I say "aircraft safety" you say "terrorist"... AGAIN, I say, what about drugs? What about smuggling? What about unstable persons?

ALL of those are safety risks. And those who are opposing this scan crap (which I don't give much importance anyway, its just another tool, with all the flaws of the person operating it) claiming to want freedom, are here crying out loud about terrorists, when that was implanted in your brains from your governament.

I can't say "aviation safety" without 5 or 6 people here say the word "terrorist"...

THAT is loss of freedom.

You will... have your line crossed with loss of personal freedom someday, and I'll listen to you complain about it then.

I've already crossed it, went over it, backwards and forward all over again. I was a Spec Ops for 4 years, in the military for 6 under contract, before coming out, going to other jobs, and 3 years ago became a airliner pilot.

I know about freedom, I was shot at defending other peoples freedom (I'm not american, btw, don't put me fighting in Iraq and Afeghanistan).

But this...THIS subject, has nothing to do with freedom. You still have it. You either choose to go in there, or you don't. FREEDOM of choice.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Cygnis

I feel sorry for you that you live in such a contant state of fear. Perhaps you should consider another line of work. The stress must be terrible.

If you can't understand why some people would consider a full body image that basically shows you in the nude as an invastion of privacy and freedom then I really don't know what to say.

I personally would like to option to say no f-ing way are you making me and my family go through that.

When does it end? What happens if the next incident involves someone putting a bomb "where the sun don't shine"? Will you then allow them to make you drop trou and spread 'em for a nice anal cavity search? All in the name of safety right?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Cygnis

Since you value Peace and Safety so highly, perhaps the following quote would be enlightening for you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

1 Thessalonians 5 >>
New American Standard Bible ©

Good luck with your "Peace and Safety" thing.

link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Like I said!

Seriously, read my signature, really read it and understand it,
internalize it.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Don't judge me from what I say IN A ANONYMOUS FORUM! You don't know me, you are just making a fool of yourself trying to judge me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Whats the big deal is a picture of a body. We all have one...
kx

Yeah, that's a great way to live your life. I agree that we all have one and shouldn't be ashamed of it. However, in the culture we live in today and the way we have been raised, it's just not that simple. This is pure and simple violation!

They should display this image on all websites that sell airline tickets and at each point where this will take place so that people can make that decision for themselves whether or not it's worth the travel.

Now, where do I apply for reviewing these scans!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Could someone please explain to me how getting scanned at an airport in a different manner is a loss of freedom?

When does it end? What happens if the next incident involves someone putting a bomb "where the sun don't shine"? Will you then allow them to make you drop trou and spread 'em for a nice anal cavity search? All in the name of safety right?

Oh god... no more absurd analogies......... you claim that Tifozi is living in fear....... your afraid of anal cavity searches. Is that what this is all about? anal cavity searches?

FYI squatting does the trick...

[edit on 8/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Could someone please explain to me how getting scanned at an airport in a different manner is a loss of freedom?

If that needs explanation, you sir, are beyond hope. Just get in line with all the other sheeple and get ready for your slave master's instructions.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Simple solution that few people concider. If you don't like it don't fly. Myself I'll never wear underware when I fly again. Everybody needs a good laugh every now and then

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For all the knowledge genius around here:

For all flying staff of XXXX:

The use of the beta-Body Scan (FBS from now on) is not mandatory. The XXXX staff will only use it as they do see fit.

The new safety measures have the objective of making the boarding times shorter, while improving passenger inspections.

In case of refusal to do the FBS, the staff in question should choose the optional/traditional ways of security checks.

Those being:

*Background Check-ups
*Licenses authentications
*Traditional Anti-Drug/Anti-Security searches/operations

(...)

Then it goes into detail about how the scan works...

[edit on 8/1/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

If that needs explanation, you sir, are beyond hope. Just get in line with all the other sheeple and get ready for your slave master's instructions.

And you should continue living in your dream land unable to answer simple questions... or not... your choice. I fail to see how a different type of searching will impact your freedom, compared to say, conventional searching methods already in use. It merely adds another level of safety to flying & should also make boarding times shorter. Or you can opt out.

You claim we are living in fear... ever read your own groups posts?

Just get in line with all the other sheeple and get ready for your slave master's instructions.

I personally would like to option to say no f-ing way are you making me and my family go through that.

Well in Europe you can do that....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Agreed and I'll say it again.
When I go through that scanner I'm one ANONYMOUS blob amongst many. shown on a monitor viewed ELSEWHERE. Flippin heck - I can see that not many of you have had to endure female internal exams. Get a grip!
And it's a lot better than being frisked or 'patted down' by a stranger who is stood in my personal space eyeballing me - yuck.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

And you should continue living in your dream land unable to answer simple questions... or not... your choice. I fail to see how a different type of searching will impact your freedom, compared to say, conventional searching methods already in use. It merely adds another level of safety to flying.

OK, I venture you'll not understand, but no searching of the innocent should be done...NONE. Why search those who abide by the law? Search the databases available and no one who is suspect flies. Don't assume all citizens are terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join