It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
First off I don't fly so these scanners will not affect me but I still don't agree with them or any other pervasive security measure that mean people have to queue or mill about waiting to be checked. The reason, what is to stop the "terrorist" or whoever waiting until the throng is at its largest or going to the most populated area of any airport, mall, stadium or other venue and detonating a bomb before being "scanned". This is just another bluff by the powers that be to make you believe they are making you safe. They are not, they are just moving the threat around.

It's like having a crackdown in an area to stop burglars/drug dealers/others to make the locals feel something is being done. The burglars/drug dealers/others don't stop, they move along to the next locality and carry on doing what they do. The powers that be tell the first locality that they have solved the problem. The community in the second locality start asking WTF happened to my lovely community, where did all these burglars/drug dealers/others suddenly come from.

Stop being afraid people, because that is exactly what the powers that be want you to be.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I dont think I'm missing much, like I said its my body and I get to decide who see's it and who does not, I understand safety cannot be 100% guarenteed in any situation, but to me this is an invasion of privacy end of.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Anyone here who is dumb enough to believe that flying is safer travel is stupid. It is safer when you are in control of your own mobility.

Really....REALLY? come on now...you're just trying to get a rise. When city streets and highways have "traffic controllers" to prevent someone else's mobility from crashing into your mobility...then driving may be safer.

The safest: Trains! AND with trains, you can get a private car...even get a bed and meals...woohoo....trains are going to be the "in" thing.

Whenever you graduate and get into the real world, you'll understand.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by randyvs

I mean seriously! Is it common sense or what? What was the actual time and date that common sense went la la la la la la off the cliff?

Well, I don't know when it all began but TPTB are following the same type mass-brainwashing of society program the Nazi party instituted in the 1930's and 40's in Germany. The vast majority followed Hitler there. We shouldn't be surprised that the majority here would do the same. Sheeple must be led. Leaders are few.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hello resident, please submit your current thoughts for screening and approval at the sound of the tone.
beeeeep.

news.yahoo.com...

Scanning now.
I'm sorry, your thoughts are currently unacceptable, please proceed to the conditioning interface now for thought purification and adjustment.

You are now acceptable, you are now just like all the rest, please feel free to continue on with your day, enjoy yourself, and thank you for participating.

www.youtube.com...

If there was something that I didnt want to be, it would have to be a zombie!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I dont think I'm missing much, like I said its my body and I get to decide who see's it and who does not, I understand safety cannot be 100% guarenteed in any situation, but to me this is an invasion of privacy end of.
reply to post by restless genius

Thats right you have it and don't let go. You must understand sweets this
is a time and oportunity where things can turn around with out major death and destruction due to revolution with violence it can by done be not giving anymore ground. Not taking any but by standing firm. It must start
somewhere now . It starts with you and it starts with me and her and him
and them and us. All it is is saying no and walking right on by the tech.
If you go to jail lose a job an account so what big deal your have sent a message that will ring a bell that will vibrate to the very core of the elite who are behind this crap.

lmao happily.
reading our minds
you see right there. that's how they are that is the next step. they love to show us what they have in store for us and then applicate. that's abig kick for them . Don't you even hear their laughter. You should because they are doing it right in your face.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oooh I get to see some abs and muscle... Mmm...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We are on a course to complete control of every facet of our lives and sadly it is likely unstoppable.

Look, right here on this discussion, there are numerous people who support this type of intrusion because it makes them feel safer. Bunch of spineless, yellow belly, teet sucking cowards.

Never mind the fact that it is not going to stop a damn thing, forget the fact that it could harm your body, just focus on the fact that TPTB say it will make us safer.

Hey sheeples, what if I told you that I could bare handed take out a group of 6 men at a time just while getting warmed up. Don’t think it’s possible? I’d say you’ve never trained with men like me. Sure someone could knock me out with a good strike, but hey, get a few like me on board and there would be no problem taking control.

Next up, someone will drive a car bomb into a local grocery store, so we will have to stop and allow full search of our cars, then someone will blow up their entire block with homemade explosives, so we will have to allow searches at our homes.

It all results in complete control by those who create the fear, and there are far too many cowards supporting. The only way to stop it is for the US to stop creating theses terrorists and being honest about who is terrorizing and why. Then we simply take out the threat. Will it ever happen? NO! It is not about terrorists, it’s about control.

Wake up you mindless zombies, and for God’s sake go exercise and grow a pair, you make me sick with you teet sucking, cry baby, protect me daddy attitude.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by budro

Right on!

Don't hold back now. Tell us what you think...

Want safety? Looking for terrorists? Start at the congress and administration in Washington, DC.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by budro
We are on a course to complete control of every facet of our lives and sadly it is likely unstoppable.

Look, right here on this discussion, there are numerous people who support this type of intrusion because it makes them feel safer. Bunch of spineless, yellow belly, teet sucking cowards.

Never mind the fact that it is not going to stop a damn thing, forget the fact that it could harm your body, just focus on the fact that TPTB say it will make us safer.

Hey sheeples, what if I told you that I could bare handed take out a group of 6 men at a time just while getting warmed up. Don’t think it’s possible? I’d say you’ve never trained with men like me. Sure someone could knock me out with a good strike, but hey, get a few like me on board and there would be no problem taking control.

Next up, someone will drive a car bomb into a local grocery store, so we will have to stop and allow full search of our cars, then someone will blow up their entire block with homemade explosives, so we will have to allow searches at our homes.

It all results in complete control by those who create the fear, and there are far too many cowards supporting. The only way to stop it is for the US to stop creating theses terrorists and being honest about who is terrorizing and why. Then we simply take out the threat. Will it ever happen? NO! It is not about terrorists, it’s about control.

Wake up you mindless zombies, and for God’s sake go exercise and grow a pair, you make me sick with you teet sucking, cry baby, protect me daddy attitude.

Probably one of the nicest posts I will ever read here, not kidding at all, It actually made me tear up a bit.
Youre not alone brother.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Starred you. Would give two if they'd let me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

So, the terrorist just worked on terrorism around the 90's? They stoped there. Right, and that has NOTHING to do with safety improvements. No...Not at all...

reply to post by budro

Hey die hard, I would love to take you on an airplane trip, make the plane bump a bit, maybe a little loss of pressure, and then, I would love to see those balls of yours, that you so proudly show here on the forum.

You're the real coward, because you are sitting at home, judging other persons just because you read something on the internet.

I'm in a airport everyday of my job, I'm in the plane with passengers, which I know nothing about, and my life is in the hands of the guys who let them in.

Maybe you like driving fast, putting your life at risk, maybe you have unprotected sex, maybe you get drunk and go jump around in bridges...

...many people don't, and it's not being a coward, is loving your life, loving your family.

In the end of the day, I don't want to be a "brave" who yells to the world "LOOK AT ME! I'm a freedom FIGHTER! TODAY NOONE SAW MY BALLS!".

In the end of the day, I want to get home, hug my kid, especially if it was a hard day, and get some piece of mind and rest.

People like you sleep well in the night, confortable with the safety that others provide, and here you come, judge those same persons, just because you think you must call them cowards.

Right on!

EDIT to add:

BTW, I'm going to stop remind people that terrorists are not the only threat to aviation... But noone seems to care to even think about that.

[edit on 8/1/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

But it IS Stoppable. You need to stand up for yourself and if you don't like it... try to make a difference in the world. You see there are ALOT more people in this world then TPTB.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

...many people don't, and it's not being a coward, is loving your life, loving your family.
What kind of a life will they have without freedom?
So much of this is just realising who's shoulders things have fallen on.
I'm sorry if it happens to be yours or ours or mine that's just how it is.
Time to man up must first be recognised.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by kaskade

So, the terrorist just worked on terrorism around the 90's? They stoped there. Right, and that has NOTHING to do with safety improvements. No...Not at all...

reply to post by budro

Hey die hard, I would love to take you on an airplane trip, make the plane bump a bit, maybe a little loss of pressure, and then, I would love to see those balls of yours, that you so proudly show here on the forum.

You're the real coward, because you are sitting at home, judging other persons just because you read something on the internet.

I'm in a airport everyday of my job, I'm in the plane with passengers, which I know nothing about, and my life is in the hands of the guys who let them in.

Maybe you like driving fast, putting your life at risk, maybe you have unprotected sex, maybe you get drunk and go jump around in bridges...

In the end of the day, I don't want to be a "brave" who yells to the world "LOOK AT ME! I'm a freedom FIGHTER! TODAY NOONE SAW MY BALLS!".

In the end of the day, I want to get home, hug my kid, especially if it was a hard day, and get some piece of mind and rest.

People like you sleep well in the night, confortable with the safety that others provide, and here you come, judge those same persons, just because you think you must call them cowards.

Right on!

EDIT to add:

BTW, I'm going to stop remind people that terrorists are not the only threat to aviation... But noone seems to care to even think about that.

[edit on 8/1/10 by Tifozi]

Hey, you want to see my balls, I don’t care.

I’m no fool, I take care of my body, my family and actually, IMO, am more concerned about their protection than you are of yours.

This is not the place but perhaps a lesson in history is in order. I am fairly confident you missed a few things, this has been done before, juts in a different setting.

And you bet, my balls of steel would be front and center, ooh scary a little turbulence. Man if you had any idea the type of fear I’ve faced you’d realize being off balance and having unstable footing wont shake me.

Oh yeah... you know what, if I can’t go home to hug my kids because I sacrifice my life to ensure the longevity of their freedom so be it.
You have defined the cowardice I speak of. I am willing to die for their protection and their freedom, you on the other hand would prefer the slow erosion of that freedom and give over that freedom to TPTB so long as you can go home today and feel safe.

Last thing, if I saw you today and we talked, Id call you a coward to your face.
Brave heart out

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm sorry......

.....where in the path of a body search you loose your freedom? I don't get it.

You pay taxes that are illegal, those taxes even go directly to illegal things, you have to choose very carefully where you read your news. And on and on and on... And people don't care...

...now just because you get a body scan you loose your freedom? You see, I understand some points being made here...

...but I don't accept being called coward, moron, idiot, incompetent, by kids on a computer (not direct to you, and many others, just some which I didn't even reply to) who don't have any ideia how the world goes around, how safe they really are, and what risks they are saved from, every day.

First of all, I think a lot of respect would come good on some comments around here, and second, people need to learn about what goes around in aviation before making so many wild accusations.

The problem, to me, is that people need to focus more on REAL freedom threats, and less on things that LOOK LIKE freedom threats, and in the end are only there to make your travel safer (not FEEL safer).

If people only thought about it... What the hell has the governament to win with body scans?...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

That Yahoo article is very disturbing. That technology is even being looked at for use in airports anywhere, let alone here, that use things like physical cues, eye movement, heart rate, etc. as criteria for scrutinizing passengers is, to me at least, alarming.

Suppose someone has, as I do, social anxiety. When I go into a crowded place I always act strange. I look at the floor. I don't make eye contact with people. I feel incredibly nervous, and I'm sure my heart rate is elevated. I am convinced it has resulted in me being consistently pulled aside by airport screeners (it happens nearly ever time, often both ways and on connecting flights in between) so I can only assume that even more sensitive technology would pick me out.

And I can't be the only one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by budro

Yeah yeah...Right. I see machos like you everyday.

I am fairly confident you missed a few things, this has been done before, juts in a different setting.

Yes. Complete body searches have been made way before this was even possible, but people stopped flying, and it was invasive.

This system was born from that, since you only stay there and look into a wall, and you either pass, or don't, considering the amount of illegal stuff on you.

Man if you had any idea the type of fear I’ve faced you’d realize being off balance and having unstable footing wont shake me.

I'm sorry Rambo, didn't realize it was you.

You have defined the cowardice I speak of. I am willing to die for their protection and their freedom

LMAO! "Why did daddy die mommy?" "Well, he was a FREEDOM FIGHTER! He was in a flight where they didn't check all the passengers! What a hero!" "yeeeyy mommy, I'm much happier now...".

you on the other hand would prefer the slow erosion of that freedom and give over that freedom to TPTB so long as you can go home today and feel safe

Sure. The governament will control my life knowing how my balls look like. DAMN CIA!

You know what kind of freedom YOU are losing? The one you can't even notice, because you are concerned about a body scan. You're not brave, you just think you are.

Last thing, if I saw you today and we talked, Id call you a coward to your face.

C'mon, grow up! How old are you? 10?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrfire9

But it IS Stoppable. You need to stand up for yourself and if you don't like it... try to make a difference in the world. You see there are ALOT more people in this world then TPTB.

I am actively trying; changing careers soon and will have more time to get involved.

It is not easy getting people to wake up. If you can get someone to look at the evidence you’ve accomplished much, but then it becomes uncomfortable for them to realize that so much is not what it seems. It becomes very uncomfortable as their reality changes and for some, as well as myself, life becomes surreal and unpleasant until you accept it is what it is.

Then you look around at people, for example at a gentlemen who works at the airport every day, and realize they are more comfortable in denial being able to go home every day to hug their kids and call it bravery while calling people like me cowards for expressing myself on the internet.

Loathsome.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join