It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want to be scanned with one of these. My mental and physical anxiety levels would be sky high worried about these rather than a terrorist plot.
Then again alot of people would not have a problem, so maybe they shouldn't be mandatory and other folks can have a less intrusive option. But in the end i think this is about the control of a population hidden under the guise of safety so i don't think my opinion holds much weight....

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There are many other possibilities to make Airports better:

My Idea:

Scan the Eyes Iris - save it encrypted (512+256bit with keydata made from iris image information) on a memory card, set a long password, that only you can know (also encrypted). Register That card on the airport, so they have your Iris information. When check in - let scan the Iris and use your password - so they can identify you 100%. These can also be done with 2 pass codes, one generated by airport, and yours with a checksum for the other key

fast, cheap, safe?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Their parents do, though. And often, families take these journeys together, either out of necessity, or out of desire. The issue goes deeper than that though, in my opinion.

You are of course free to disagree with this, and I respect your opinion, but the freedom to travel without an invasion of personal privacy that extends to our nude bodies should be a fundamental freedom in my view, unless probable cause for searches that extend to our nude bodies have been established.

Does that mean sometimes bad things might happen? Yes. But I believe I should have the option to take that chance, because my freedom is more important to me than my life.

The problem is that it isn't just my life we're dealing with. For my desire for freedom from this invasive process, others could die. That does pose a philosophical and ethical quandary for me. However, by the same token, by adopting this process, the views of those in favor of it are being forced on me equally. Granted, the price of that is arguably not as high as the price of my freedom being retained. However, the price is not irrelevant, and while I do not have a solution to both, I still personally feel that this is wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Sure. Lets put that in every place, so not only airports are safe. Let make public transports have that too.

After some time, ANYONE can tell where you have been.

...taking a picture of your body, is privacy invasion. Having a system that tells them where have you been all the time, isn't?

I'm really starting to believe that peoples problem about this scanner isn't the real privacy.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Like many have already said, you have a choice.

If you don't like the system, if you feel bad by using it, then don't use it. There are plenty of travel systems that you can use.

People just got addicted to the speed of the aircraft.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

(Not that you care what people with experience and relevant knowledge think. )

Yes, because the AAPA and CEO of American airlines are now the worlds leading advisors in airport security.

If you don't like the system, if you feel bad by using it, then don't use it. There are plenty of travel systems that you can use.

I also think they should ban the scanning of persons whom are under the age of 18.

'hello sir...if you....your wife and children wouldnt mind standing up against that wall and taking all your clothes off so we can a nude picture of you and keep in stored forever...you may then board the plane..have a nice day'

The images are erased instantly.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Amazing how people will accept just about anything in order to feel safer. What a bunch of cowards we have become. This is an invasion of privacy. There is no need for full body scanners, they won't make any difference. It won't prevent attacks. If they want to kill us they will find a way. I can't believe people will accept an invasion of their privacy for a false sense of security.

Stop and think about it. There are so many easy targets out there that terrorists can attack to kill Americans why would they still try to target airplanes? You can walk right on to a packed commuter train going into NYC with hundreds of people in each car. No searches or anything.
There are shopping malls, movie theaters, sporting events all packed with people and easy to get into without all the crap you have to go through to get on a plane. Is the enemy too stupid to figure this out?

If we continue to allow these things into our lives, before long they will be looking to put cameras and microphones in our homes all in the name of feeling safer. Hey if you have nothing to hide then why not right?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Like many have already said, you have a choice.

In my opinion that is not sufficient. I should not have to choose a form of travel which could impede the efficiency and convenience with which I work or travel in order to avoid having my nude body viewed by total strangers, in my view.

As I said, I acknowledge that there is an ethical quandary here. My personal freedom of movement (at speed, at least) versus, potentially, people's lives. Nevertheless, despite not having an alternative solution, I respectfully maintain the opinion that this is unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What "pisses me off" is that people already allow it in some many other ways, that when something can actually be useful, people stop it without the right knowledge for decision.

But after putting peoples lifes on the line, how higher can you go? Is there anything more worthier of attention than safety?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I thought just struck me and I am curious to know if these scans can see through the plastics/chemical compounds found in body worn medical aids like incontinence pads or through the metal/carbon fibre banding found in other medical aids like back straightening corsets??

If they can't does that mean those who have such disablities and use body worm medical appliances will need to be strip searched to overcome the need to see through our outer garments??

Just curious, anyone know??

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's not the nudity of my skin that worries me. It's the Terahertz Radiation that damages our DNA that has me seriously concerned. The damage reaches much further than the exposure of our skin to indiscrete eyes. It reaches deep down into our genetic make up.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Usually those people are easy to spot, and unless something goes wrong and they can't check the truth (which can happen), they leave them alone.

And an experienced eye can detect which is which... I know I can't tell anything from anything in the luggage screen, but they can find anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
if anyone can remind me again...how many actual "terrorists" have hi-jacked planes and killed innocent people?...
WHEN I ASK how many terrorists, could you please supply with an image and at least a name?

Being that there are so many running around airports these days and hi-jacking planes, im sure it will be easy.

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION, i eagerly wait for THIS REPLY, before anyone states "this needs to be put into effect"...or anything along those lines =]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

No No, it's a nude computer generated x-ray or whatever, but what's your point? Does anyone else see the real issue at hand, anyone? It's not these scans that we should be picking apart, it's the reason why we have to subject ourselves to them that should have you scratching your head! The CIA could have stopped that guy, but decided not to and now our rights are going to be infringed on further because it's cheaper and easier than them actually doing there jobs for a change, WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

In my opinion? Freedom. That's all it is, though: my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Amazing how people will accept just about anything in order to feel safer. What a bunch of cowards we have become. This is an invasion of privacy. There is no need for full body scanners, they won't make any difference. It won't prevent attacks. If they want to kill us they will find a way. I can't believe people will accept an invasion of their privacy for a false sense of security.

Stop and think about it. There are so many easy targets out there that terrorists can attack to kill Americans why would they still try to target airplanes? You can walk right on to a packed commuter train going into NYC with hundreds of people in each car. No searches or anything.
There are shopping malls, movie theaters, sporting events all packed with people and easy to get into without all the crap you have to go through to get on a plane. Is the enemy too stupid to figure this out?

If we continue to allow these things into our lives, before long they will be looking to put cameras and microphones in our homes all in the name of feeling safer. Hey if you have nothing to hide then why not right?

lol really seriously...
you put it quite well.
YES terrorists are STILL SAYING...we need to hi-jack planes! (how many have actually even tried?), and prove a point...
OR...we can just say hey skip planes all together, and lets just move onto shopping malls,sporting events, trains, boats. REally
you really think terrorists have an OCD about planes?
i mean really...

WHO IS ACTUALLY THE STUPID ONES IN THIS WAR?..
the country that went BANKRUPT trying to "find these terrorists", and inventing new machines to "safe guard" our freedom...

Or the terrorists who...well...are still very active and is scarying the "BIG BAD AMERICA"
seriously....
this just shows how weak and cowardly america has become.
THEY KNOW they cant "WIN" this war...but they are winning it in many more ways then we are.

I think this scanner is proof how terrified, and to be bluntly honest, how pussy america, AS WELL AS THE WORLD, has become of a few people.... living thousands of miles away....with not so much money....some in caves.... and still bringing fear into your little hearts
haha god...

but yea...we're winning this war

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Why "terrorist"? Why not mental patient? Why not psycho? sociopath? Why not lunatic?

Why are people only focused on the arabs (lets use the right words on everyones mind)?

They are not the only security risk.

How about drugs? Don't they count as a security risk?

So you can know, in the airport I worked for the past weak, we had exactly 67 security actions.

In those 67 situations, the security worked. But we know sometimes they pass, obviously.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Here you go, knock yourself out.

List

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The problem is that people don't realize the amount of times in which they are stopped. Those don't appear on the news, to avoid panic. But they are there, they try to do it... Everyday.

People just hear about failures, but they should also hear about the times we can stop them.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
reply to post by alaskan

No No, it's a nude computer generated x-ray or whatever, but what's your point? Does anyone else see the real issue at hand, anyone? It's not these scans that we should be picking apart, it's the reason why we have to subject ourselves to them that should have you scratching your head! The CIA could have stopped that guy, but decided not to and now our rights are going to be infringed on further because it's cheaper and easier than them actually doing there jobs for a change, WAKE UP!!!!

I see the issue at hand... Hopefully we can change like obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join