It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
At the moment in the UK you can refuse to be scanned and submit to a frisk instead. I suggest that anyone who is against the scanners does this. At least in this situation you have someone of the same gender that you can see and identify, probably feeling just as awkward as you do.

In my experience airport security staff are grumpy, frustrated, uneducated people with 'little hitler' complexes. They see the public as an inconvenience rather than the reason they have a job in the first place.

I'm surprised no one has touched on the psychological aspect of the scanners. We all know that concentration camp victims and prisoners in Iraq were stripped naked. It's about psychological control and power, forcing people to do something that we have been taught is shameful and degrading. Yes of course the human body is nothing to be ashamed of but since biblical times we have been taught differently and this remains in most people's minset. Some one else mentioned us being like prisoners in this situation. I think that's right we are treated like criminals just for wanting to travel.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by alaskan

You delete the image that you played around with the colors because that is not relevant to your argument. They wont be doing that to images, they will just be looking at the top ones you showed.

Point is that they can, and likely will do this to the image.

Why? Because there'll always be guys in these jobs.

Personally i'm not worried about my private parts being photographed, or even inverted (graphically). I'm more concerned with the possible dangerous effects of such new tech on our bodies.

No sooner has the tech. been announced than low and behold, there's a bomb threat that necessitates it's inevitably global instillation.

Has it been thoroughly tested?

Do we understand it's long term effects?

Wasn't there a recent thread about it damaging our DNA - causing 'bubbles'?

Someone's making a fortune from this - perhaps even parts of an economy saved. When billions of dollars are at stake, dangerous long-term side effect on the public are ignored.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What i wonder about:

If I am on this damn airport, and don't want to be radiated, can I make myself nude or will the "guy" then get green around his eyes and tell me:"CLOSE OUR PANTS MISTER OR I WILL CALL THE SECURITY"

I'm sure they will punch me down the ground, shoot me with this cool "Taser" Thing" - then they hold me on the ground and punish me to death. because i wanted make myself nude in a nude scanner LOOOOOL!!!!!

- this world sucks like...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Easy there tiger (sorry, genetically modified puppy) ... that doesn't even make sense.

You obviously don't agree with my opinion ... that's fine ... all boils down to personal opinion ... from which we hopefully are mature enough to share views/opinions and debate the subject from both perspectives.

Maybe if you valued the gift of life a little more you wouldn't be so eager to put it at risk.
I don't understand why anyone would directly state that they would;

'rather be killed by terrorists than go through a body scanner' ...

now that disgusts me as much as my opinion disgusted you ... but we still (with or without scanners) have that freedom to have an opinion.

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
What i wonder about:

If I am on this damn airport, and don't want to be radiated, can I make myself nude or will the "guy" then get green around his eyes and tell me:"CLOSE OUR PANTS MISTER OR I WILL CALL THE SECURITY"

I'm sure they will punch me down the ground, shoot me with this cool "Taser" Thing" - then they hold me on the ground and punish me to death. because i wanted make myself nude in a nude scanner LOOOOOL!!!!!

- this world sucks like...

Wonderfully put Cushy.

That is indeed profoundly hypocritical. I imagine that the scanning staff are extensively trained to look at naked bodies. While the public in general would be permanently damaged if they saw the horrible truth of nudity

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
At the moment in the UK you can refuse to be scanned and submit to a frisk instead.

I would bet money that you could sew something into the crotch of tightly fitted underwear, directly between your scrotum and your anus, refuse the scan, get frisked and walk right on the plane without anybody knowing that you had something secreted on your body. NOBODY is going to feel that area. NOBODY is going to get anywhere near that area of your body. I guarantee it. You can take any small non-metallic item on to the plane in that space directly below your torso and between your legs. A female can take an amazing amount of contraband with her. NOBODY will find it. Guaranteed.

The scanner can create nothing but a false security.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

No sane person "wants" to be killed by a terrorist, come on be serious.

This is about a bigger issue than safety by far, your health and dignity for one. You are a person, an individual with rights and these are being removed from you by a really weak freak show of a performance.

The scanner will not make air travel safe, it can't. And why only this tech? Why not the equipment that can sniff out explosives and chemicals? Stop and think about it a little deeper.

Pleased your comfortable in getting your kit off, good for you but it won't make you safe. Look at the picture, does it scan internal? No, so what stops Mr Terrorist putting the goods where the sun does not shine and popping to the loo at 35,000 ft?

Honestly, it is not about safety.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Because:
free and death is far better then to be safe and imprisoned

[edit on 8-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by alaskan

Y'know I think the people who complain about these scanners being 'an invasion of privacy' etc need to get a grip and decide whether they what to feel safe when they fly or risk terrorists smuggling weapons on board the plane.

The decision seems like a no brainer to me ... I can't understand the problem at all !

FALSE MODESTY CAN KILL !!!

Woody

He who would give up freedom for security deserves neither. The scanners are not going to make you any safer.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Im sorry but if any you have a problem with the naked body, you have a problem with yourself. Yes its really terrible, omg a naked fat person, omg a naked child, omg a naked man with a beard. Are you so conditioned by that you think there something offensive by this. Please take a look inside yourself. There is nothing wrong with the human body it is an amazing thing...
At this right your gona be scared of your own bodies soon......

kx

Again you are another person who is completely missing the point. This is not a case of if you are offended by the naked body, its a case of should the government have the authority to photograph in the nude every man, woman and child who wants to get on a plane. Why dont people think before posting.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

Think you misunderstood ... I didn't say that ... read the post of the person I was replying to.

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

'rather be killed by terrorists than go through a body scanner' ...

now that disgusts me as much as my opinion disgusted you ... but we still (with or without scanners) have that freedom to have an opinion.

You did not even read my post.

Or you are purposefully misquoting me - because you certainly are misquoting me - see below:

I would rather take the chance of being killed in a false flag (or real) terrorist attack then go down this path any further.

This is dystopian and the people who support the scanners are disgusting. I don't care what their excuse is - they disgust me.
-Exuberant1

*Now my fellow members can see what I said and not the misquote you are attempting to foist onto them, treating ATS member like they are stupid - at the very least you must think they are too stupid to remember what their fellow members stated on the previous page.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Next time I go to the airport I'll play with my old fella a bit before walking through the scanner, that way the guard will have some pleasant viewing.

They'll probably think it's a bazooka though.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

But you did say it's all about security and it's all ok correct?

So they switch to carrying things internal (buy KY shares), someone happy to blow themselves up won't worry about doing that. You happy for a full body x-ray to cover that as well or even an internal examination of every passanger, man / woman or child? Who flies several times a week? Good luck with that!

Where do you draw the line? Air travel cannot be made secure, so no more air travel, then boats, trains etc. It's a long and slippery slope, some can see the bottom and some just scream WEEEEEEE as they go all the way down with eyes tight shut.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

If it were down to you, what would you do to make air travel safe(r) from terrorists if not the scanner ? (serious question).

The reason I ask has nothing to do with politics / 1984 priciples etc ...

I just genuinely wonder what alternative safety measures you and all the other people who disagree with the scanners would take in an effort to prevent terrorists boarding planes ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Address the cause of terrorism, that is if the big bad extremists are actually real.

And I don't mean bomb the crap out of another country because that seems to work really well... How many years on are we?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I did read your post and that is what you implied ... if I'm wrong what was your intended implication ?

I also would like to ask you the same question I just asked Chett ... how would you make air travel safe(r) against terrorists ... instead of using the dreaded scanner.

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Bomb sniffing dogs to walk past is better. I will not do the scanner EVER. For health and privacy reasons and as a protest.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

What methods would you use to address the cause that could be activated before risking further attacks ?

How would you start for rapid results that would eleviate the direct problems with air travel security.

Because whether it's a false flag or not ... people are at risk.

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
The Declaration of Independence

Think about that for a minute. 60 seconds, and then read it again after having thought about it. If you still dont get it, perhaps your not getting it.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--

Education, I bet more than half of the people who read the above quotes, would have no clue what it was from if I didn't link it.

Seriously now, all of the people who exclaim their rights are violated, and freedom of this and that, have never, NEVER read the Charters of Freedom, NOT ONCE!

Yet they assume they are experts because they are American, what ever.

Want to make a difference and prevent this crap form getting worse, educate your self. Or...be the ostrich head in the sand couch potatoe and stop whining.

Police State and Federalist government.

Also, if it was 1984, we would be in a better America, back then we still had personal liberty and neighbors still trusted each other enought o ask for a cup of milk or sugar.

Those day are long gone...welcome to the NWO version 1.0.5, wait until you see what they have planned for 2.0

It is time to either wake, up or shut up, as offensive as some of you will take that comment, it is the truth.

And I hope every one here has heard the term "the truth hurts".

Get over it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join