It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
what would you rather be? dead or seen naked on the net?

[dramatics]GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH![/dramatics]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Welcome to the future of flying!

Seriously, this is getting way out of control. For one there is no reason I should have to subject myself to fingerprinting, invasive body scanning and all the other BS just to travel in a "FREE COUNTRY"lol. We're implementing the same crap up here and not to mention the unknown medical effects of zapping your body with TERAHERTZ wavelengths constantly. It's not like getting the occassional x-ray or MRI at the doctors. Frequent travellers could receive huge doses of these things and nobody knows the effect that will have on the human body. They say it's less powerfull than your cellphone. Yeah right. Cellphones don't operate in the terahertz range and transmit at 0.75watts or so.

How about doing their jobs which we are being told would have worked had they actually followed through with what they were suppose to be doing under the old rules he would have been caught. The guys dad even dimed him out and they still didn't catch him. This smelled fishy from the start and with the outcome we are witnessing it all makes sense. They wanted to bring in this type of system but needed a scare tactic to make it so.

George Orwell was a brilliant man or extremely clairvoyant!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I can't believe some of the comments. Just because you have no inhibitions with your naked body and don't mind others taking a look doesn't permit you to scoff at those who feel embarrassed by this.
They certainly shouldn't be thought of as prudes either.
Everyone is entitled to maintain their dignity and privacy.
If there is a way to exploit the images you can rest assured someone will find it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You know what? I'd rather just pull down my pants and show them my business, then have to go through this. And I tell you what, if I ever choose to fly again, I will have to have a long talk with who ever is looking at my ............WHAT AM I SAYING? TO THINK I OR ANY OTHER ADULT WOULD ALLOW SOME RANDOM UNSEEN STRANGER TO CHECK OUT THEIR KID. FLAT OUT FRICKIN SICK.

Yes I live in Alaska, but I haven't flown in the last 10 years, and I never will again. If I have to go somewhere, I'll use the sail boat, or The Centurion.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'd guess that in a short while it won't be just flying. Remember total recall? That's the future heading and after few staged attacks against metro, bus and trains everyone will be screaming for these scanner to placed everywhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EliyahuHaNave

or drive

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Does not make you safer at all, US going to pay for the scanners in every airport with US bound flights? Going to have US security vetted citizens working in each of those airports? No not at all. Do you trust an Iranian security offical? Thought they were all supposed to have horns and nukes over there.

Are there other attack vectors? AK47 at the end of a runway would do the job, Home made rocket etc etc. Plenty of attack vectors so it might mitigate one risk at the moment but it will be circumvented unless we all fly naked after a cavity search and with no luggage at all.

Better to address the cause of the problem rather than the symptom..

Bet those scanners are expensive, follow the money. Also as your freedoms get stripped away like your clothing we become more like sheep literally! Nice work overlords!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm starting to see more posts from people who oppose these continued infringements on our civil liberties. For a while, I was taken aback at just how many people either had no problem with this, or even supported it!

The biggest fallacy that keeps getting mentioned is the assumption that it would somehow make us safer. This is such a flawed argument for so many reasons. I really do hope people start to realize that the eroding of our rights does not benefit us in the least.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr
The biggest fallacy that keeps getting mentioned is the assumption that it would somehow make us safer. This is such a flawed argument for so many reasons. I really do hope people start to realize that the eroding of our rights does not benefit us in the least.

If we allow this then we will one day have to pass through a scanner on our way out our front door.

Nothing to hide right...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
People are over reacting big time!!
The airport staff would obviously have to go through security checks and background checks.

The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, it's nature, cavemen walked around in the nude and nobody was scared of sexual predators eyeing up your kids.

Would you rather have your child die on a plane because some nutter brought in some explosives?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Where are the cool airport skeleton skanners we where promised off of Total Recall, this is a bleak future that we live in

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I guarantee you these will start appearing on the net in no time.

4chan will have a forum dedicated to restoring the colors and displaying the pics.

There is no privacy with something like this, and that's exactly what it's meant to be, an invasion of your privacy. One more step. And each time they do it a growing majority of people say "Oh but it doesn't bother me".

You are a good citizen. You will have a green tick beside your file.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Well, I for one don't want my nekkid self plastered on a screen for some random guy to look at. It's beyond creepy. I think it's highly unnecessary and invasive. I'm sorry but I'm against this one!

If you guys who are for it are so comfortable in your bodies, why wear clothing at all? Why don't we just have a basket at the airport where we dump our clothing in and board the flight naked?!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Terrorists are soo well funded that it wouldn't be hard for them to get shoulder launched SAMs on the black market. With cash strapped countries in the former Eastern Bloc barely holding on you can look for a flood of weapons onto the market for a quick buck to fill some major leaks in their budgets. Weapons will always find a buyer legit or not and as long as the check clears they won't care who they are.

If you think of it Hijackers are really a cheap way of bringing down a plane.

1. Hijacker Free(ideological)
2. Plane Ticket $600-$7000 Bussiness Class, Flight Duration/DEP ARR
3. Box Cutter($10-15) Chemicals ?($10-$300?)

If getting someone on the plane becomes too difficult they'll find another way to bring them down. Takeoff or Landing are vulnerable times if you think about it.

I can see the old dreams of the 50's and 60's going on the family vacation driving somewhere cool and getting to see great parts of your own country in your hybrid SUV or sedan and enjoying life.

If airline travel is this much of a pain in the ass and a total violation of my rights in the guise of security then road trips it shall be. There's still lots of Canada I still haven't seen. Not too mention this will have dissasstrous effects on the airline industry who is already struggling in a depressed economy and corners will get cut in cost cutting measures resulting in gaps in the security. I'm sure this screw up with the xmas day bomber was due to cutbacks that caused holes in the security and this reaction to the attempt will only add costs to an industry that is already in trouble. Not too mention tourism will be affected as more people might not want to go through that experience and choose to travel closer to home or by less invasive means however long that lasts.

I fear that if we don't all say something soon so they understand us loud and clear we will wake up one morning having to subject ourselves to a body cavity search and blasted with high frequency radio waves over and over and over again and that will be just to get to work!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yes, you are right, they will have background checks and the like.

Have you been hearing of the problems of finding candidate to become cops?

Anyway, this still has nothing to do with security. It has to do with control.

Did you happen to see where this is going to be implemented FIRST?

Right here in the good ol USA. Because this has NOTHING to do with security.

Sounds more like making the USA a prison. Need to travel, well to go from one part of a prison to another you have to get strip searched and the like.

Do you see ANY similarity?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Are some of you completely insane? You think there is nothing wrong with this? Do you work for the government? This is a complete invasion of privacy. I feel we have dealt with metal detectors and such for a simple need for some sort of secure feeling while 40,000 feet high. But this? Come on now... we need to draw a line in the sand at some point. You really have no problem with being body scanned? Not only the constitution violations but the health risks that may be involved? Keep drinking the kool aid you fools... IS THIS CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN?

a lil edit addition, whats to stop a "terrorist" from opening the emergency exit on the plan mid flight causing incredible amount of pressure from tearing you apart? riddle me this...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Aside from the gross invasion of your privacy every time you want to fly somewhere?

you have the choice - if you think it is a gross invasion of privacy then dont fly

Just like I have a choice to not drive when gas is $5 per gallon. A lot of people are required to travel as a condition of their employment. You're telling them that losing their job is an acceptable alternative if they don't want someone to take nude pictures of them. The US Supreme Court has established that everyone has a constitutional right to travel between states and the mandate of nude photography would seem to be an overly burdensome condition on the exercise of that right. If a police officer must establish reasonable suspicion to conduct a simple frisk with clothes on, how can it be lawful for the police to effectively do a strip search of everyone who enters an airport terminal without any individualized suspicion? There's no way this can be constitutional.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If one got the complete scan data, that could then be used to make anatomically correct sex dolls; anatomically correct right down to the outer genitalia of your wife and daughter.

Just watch: celebrities will go through the scanners and the dolls will be out two weeks later in Japan.

Scary stuff, The scanners and the Japanese....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If you're going to be seen naked by pervert security guards at Heathrow or LaGuardia or by meat-beating nerds across the Internet, you may as well make a political statement while doing so.

That's why I suggest embedding surgical steel balls under your skin, spelling out rude effronteries to those prying eyes. Like so:

Now, you sick bastards who actually do go out and mutilate your bodies in this fashion, I want you to at least

Give Me Credit

for inventing the thing!!

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/8/2010 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join