It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you honestly not think this is a nude image?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So when it comes to arguing against the use of the full body scanners at airports, a ton of people argue the (semantics) point that it's not an actual naked image, it's a computer generated blue blob.

Well if that's what you think, you're blind and ignorant.

These may not be work safe, but that's the point...
Original

Copied to microsoft paint, colors inverted

How is this not a nude image?!

How can anyone defend putting children/loved ones through these things?!

ADMIN EDIT: images removed as they violate our no nudity policy.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Crakeur]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by alaskan]

Mod edit: Do not edit staff edits to your posts.
Linking to the images is also against the Terms & Conditions.

Links to more "safe for work" images added.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by ArMaP]

[edit on 7/1/2010 by ArMaP]

ADMIN EDIT: The thread was moved to the [HOAX!] forum after reading this postwhich links you to a nice piece of investigation on the images and their original source.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Whats the big deal is a picture of a body. We all have one...
kx

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

You delete the image that you played around with the colors because that is not relevant to your argument. They wont be doing that to images, they will just be looking at the top ones you showed.

How prude is our society to think that is offensive? Most places in the world are mature enough to handle a real nude body and would laugh at a computer generated blue body being considered as offensive.

The people looking at these will also not be in the same area as the people from what I read. I have no problem with myself or a loved one going through these because I have nothing to hide. In fact I will smile for the camera as they get a view of me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Whats the big deal is a picture of a body. We all have one...
kx

Aside from the gross invasion of your privacy every time you want to fly somewhere?

Good point.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you are a woman get a boob job and if you are a man get a penis enlargement then you wouldnt feel so bad going through one of those body scanners........

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

LOL are you serious?

If that's the case, I guess you won't mind if the goverment sets up cameras all over your house, and watches you or your children have a shower to prevent "terrorism" I mean what's the big deal right?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Aside from the gross invasion of your privacy every time you want to fly somewhere?

you have the choice - if you think it is a gross invasion of privacy then dont fly

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In my opinion the big deal is the person behind the screen looking at the images of naked men, women, and CHILDREN. I would be worried about pedophiles and other sexual predators looking in on these pictures. I wouldn't mind someone seeing me naked personally because your right we all have naked bodies but there are some serious ethical concerns about how these devices. Then again I am all for protecting planes from terrorism. I fly to and from NYC to Moscow 5 times a year and am personally happy to know that steps have been taken to absolutely 100% assure noone can board a plane with anything dangerous.

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
With everyone shuffling through security like sheep at slaughter, and NOT having Microsoft paint with colors inverted...Do you honestly think that, after looking at 10,000s of people daily, the airport screeners give a damn?

Guess what...the technology is hear, it's real, you can't do anything about it...AND it just might save a life or two.

The prudes of this world need to get over their shame of nudity....especially when no cloths are being removed.

my 2-cents

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
If you are a woman get a boob job and if you are a man get a penis enlargement then you wouldnt feel so bad going through one of those body scanners........

Is this really the level of maturity we can expect from this debate?

To be frank, I am well endowed. I have no shame in my body, and have no qualms about going nude in public (where it is acceptable, of course).

What I do have a problem with is the ridiculous loss of our right to privacy ever since "terrorists" became the new boogey-man hiding under our beds. There will still be plenty of terrorist attacks after they implement body scanners in every airport across the country. They will just think of a new way to sneak stuff in. There is no stopping it, and by allowing our rights to be stripped away we are only encouraging the terrorists and granting them victory.

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I have no problem with myself or a loved one going through these because I have nothing to hide.

And I suppose you won't have a problem when Johnny Perv the Security Guard snaps a few cell phone shots of your 8 year old, and decides to share them on the internet with his buddies?

Something tells me that might get under your skin.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
With inverted sight. You can perfectly log everybody how travels around, and with some more staged terror attacks. You gonna get it at your office entrance..
Until almost everybody is fully documented.
That is the direction where heading i think. We dont want this do we?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I agree! what is the big deal? you cant just throw some "perv" in the booth, but if it stops 200+ people from getting hijacked on the airplane, whats the big deal? are the images recorded and saved? that may be a bad thing, but I am pretty sure the images are not saved.

I agree with Aggieman! no big deal!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by AKARonco]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by drwizardphd

you have the choice - if you think it is a gross invasion of privacy then dont fly

LMAO...I hear that trains still run cross country...and cruise liners across the sea...might take longer...but no "invasion" of "privacy"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You guys are missing the point entirely. What kind of response is this?

and this

How prude is our society to think that is offensive? Most places in the world are mature enough to handle a real nude body and would laugh at a computer generated blue body being considered as offensive.

1.) There is a huge difference between taking your clothes off in front of someone through your own free will.
2.) Then there's another thing to actually pose naked in front of the camera.
3.) Then it's another thing to show the images to other people and strangers.
4.) It's even another thing to publish them online for everyone to see, for profit or not.

It's your body, you can choose to do any of those things as you see fit.

HOWEVER, when you have no choice but to submit to 1-3 because you want to TRAVEL is an absurd violation. And the 4th item is just BOUND to happen. Why the hell do you think dead celeb pictures show up online? Chris Farley for instance. What makes us think that naked photos will elude the grasps of SIMPLETON SECURITY GUARDS who aren't under any specific guidelines at the end of the day.

Not to mention the children walking through this thing. Come on. Where are your morals here?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

To me it's not about who is behind the screen looking at the pictures etc.

It's about the fact that goverment has steeped so low with their terrorism bs, and we just bend over and accept it.

What's next? This is just the perfect example of what the MEDIA has done with their propaganda and fear mongering to control us all.

My main worry is, that this is possibly just a small step to many more stupid rules. And the more people who have the state of mind to say," Whats the big deal? " the easier it will be for the goverment to take away ALL our free will.

p.s you really think planes are the best way to create terrorism? no way, any man can kill or bomb ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. All these new terrorism laws are over the top. I mean where are these terrorists? The way the goverment is acting, it's like we are getting attacks every week. It seems to me your more likely to get killed eating mcdonalds than any terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi
If this going to protect our country,I guess but there are alot of creeps out there will take advantage of this.

link   
Im sorry but if any you have a problem with the naked body, you have a problem with yourself. Yes its really terrible, omg a naked fat person, omg a naked child, omg a naked man with a beard. Are you so conditioned by that you think there something offensive by this. Please take a look inside yourself. There is nothing wrong with the human body it is an amazing thing...
At this right your gona be scared of your own bodies soon......

kx

link   
reply to post by loner007

And that proves the sad and true state that the US is in. How shallow can we be that this actually would matter to somebody and how prude are we to think people will want to look at 99% of the people going through the scanners.

I guess many of you live in places that are filled with super models because in the NW that isn't the case. I would think these scanner people would need a big pay raise.

link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Aggie Man

To me it's not about who is behind the screen looking at the pictures etc.

It's about the fact that goverment has steeped so low with their terrorism bs, and we just bend over and accept it.

What's next? It's just the perfect example of what the MEDIA has done with their propaganda and fear mongering to control us all.

Well, in that case, then they went too far asking for ID, making us go through metal detectors, etc....

safety vs. privacy

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Not everybody cares enough to look into this to even bother telling their children about it.
Children can't just opt out of flying when they're family is going somewhere.

Not everybody can afford to drive cross-country, or cruise over-seas.

These aren't going to stop at airports, the people pushing them have been saying for years that they want to put them everywhere where "security" is an "issue."
Football stadiums, courthouses, amusement parks, the post office, state borders, and on and on and on...

How many thousands of people said it was crazy to think that cell phone text messages would be kept?

How many times were we told our email archives wouldn't be sold?

What makes you think that something like nude images would be any different?

Why do you hold airport personal at such high esteem that they'd never do something immoral?
You really think those guys/ladies are somehow morally immaculate? They'd never think bad thoughts about anyone, and they'd never sell exclusive celebrity nudes or images of children for big bucks, because they're perfectly nice, good people. All of them. Nothing to worry about, everybody but them terrorists loves us, right?

You're in denial. Snap out of it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by alaskan]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join