It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If this does indeed turn out to be true then I'm absolutelyhorrified. However, one or more of the links refer to UN statements/investigation. So far I cannot find any reference to it on the UN site, but then again why would it be on TPTB's website?

I was very reluctant to read this thread. I feared american members would begin making excuses. Then I told myself, 'steady' no one could possibly defend such actions. Sadly, I was wrong. Sadly, every day there are more posts from US members that demonstrate exactly why there is anti-american feeling in the world. Sadly, each day my opinion of American citizens is lowered by such posts.

I think any members who use the term 'insurgents' to take a step back from themselves. We all consider ourselves to be among the 'awoken' yet we prove we are not by perpetuating TPTBs propaganda. There's a bias in the very language we use. None of us are immune to the brainwashing. One mans insurgent is another mans freedom fighter. some would say that there are perfectly legitimate reasons for an armed resistance movement. People really should spend an hour or two researching the recent history of Afghanistan and the US's actions there. If America was invaded I'd support your 'insurgents'.

Since when was it okay for the US to go around bullying the world, to break international law, to torture and to kill. Be nice, ask don't take, drop hypocrisy as a foreign policy, treat others as you wou have them treat you.

If only America behaved in the way it expects others to there'd be no killing and there'd be no terrorism.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We can't win either way. You guys bring up that we are killing civilians and then they bring up we aren't doing enough protecting civilians from the Taliban.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday defended actions by international forces in Afghanistan, saying that insurgents were responsible for 78 per cent of civilian deaths. His comment followed a briefing by the UN Afghan mission's chief, Kai Eide, who earlier indicated that international troops were not doing enough to protect civilians in the conflict with Taliban and al-Qaeda terrorists.

www.earthtimes.org...

Population of Afghanistan about 28 Million

en.wikipedia.org...

Number of civilians death for Afghan covering first ten months of 2009.

Figures released to AFP by the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) put civilian deaths in the Afghan war at 2,038 for the first 10 months of 2009, up from 1,838 for the same period of 2008 -- an increase of 10.8 percent.

Who is responsible for civilian deaths? Bold emphasis mine.

The UN calculations show the vast majority, or 1,404 civilians, were killed by insurgents fighting for the overthrow of Karzai's government and to eject Western troops.

UNAMA said 468 deaths were caused by pro-government forces, including NATO and US-led forces, and 166 by "other actors".

Civilian deaths at the hands of foreign forces fuel distrust between the Afghan population, the government and US and NATO troops, even though most of the deaths are caused by insurgent tactics such as homemade bombs.

www.google.com...

So out of 28,000,0000 people, 468 civilian deaths are attributed to Pro-Government forces. Not Just US forces.

Yet, many of you want to use certain incidents to portray the military in a bad way.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

the story was in the OP was in Afghanistan. the story i posted happened in Iraq. i said i wouldn't put it passed the military for something like that. i don't know if the story in the OP is legit or not, but i wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by ugie1028

He only got an article 15 for telling you something that potentially had the ability to feed the left wing propoganda machine, further embarress the US on a large scale, as well as oput fellow soldiers at risk of imprisonment as well as giving idiots like Murtha more ammo. Nope, I'd call false on this one. I'm not saying cover ups don't happen, hell they do everyday, just not in this manner nor for something as terrible as this...........some here would believe this is SOP for every troop in the US armed forces.......sorry not the truth.

?? how can you confirm that its not true? either or its a story i shared, debunk it all you want, its what i was told.

i wouldn't put him in the spotlight either, that's why i didn't go to the media with this story. i am protecting this persons identity.

As i said before, im sharing the story because it some-what relates to the OP in the horrors of war!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well for starters Murtha lives for crap like this..........at least he did until his last little foray. I just find it rather convenient considering the questionable statements in this thread as well as a lack of a valid source. I don't see things panning out this way.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think the title of this thread should be changed to show that it is make believe and a hoax. The discussion of what ifs are fine but let it be known the op story is fake.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I think it should be Proven to be a hoax first

Normal way it is done.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Man, there are some on here who will surely say that just couldn't happen. I guess they just have to be right, in order to insult something they've never had the intestinal fortitude to be a member of. I know they are gonna jump on this, and inform me how much smarter they are than the soldiers, and how they are morally superior somehow. Just consider the source, it's easy for them to be key board tuff guys.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

No valid source......op's thread does not specifically say US troops......yup hoax.....not unlike alot of other comments on here.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

This thread has had a lot of traffic, Im sure the mods are doing their job.

Lets let them decide

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

IF the story in the OP is a hoax, thats a good thing, and i hope it is.

war is horrible, casualties of war come in all ages, sizes, and colors. its war. plain and simple. but the story in the OP, thats execution style killings. made me sick, and reminded me of my friends horrible experience.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
WoW, you guys think this is bad?

The Japanese used to make stew out of Chinese and Korean babies.

We have 2 options:

1. Trust that the War on Terror and go all in.

2. GET THE # OUT OF THERE BECAUSE WE DON'T BELONG THERE.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i don't see what all the fuss is about, really.

i mean comeon, we are enslaving some little nation. people are going to get taken at gunpoint in the night, then executed, sometimes it's going to be a kid or two.

nothing new here, read a history book.

what the hell do you folks think is going on over there, peacekeeping?
this is WAR, death squads for lil' pre-'terrorists' is one of our interests.

why let them grow up and control OUR opium fields.

duh.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by vermonster]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Take your childish game to the playgrounds.

You know damn well US is at war and Civilians will die.

But to take all this crap out on the troops while the Taliban run around bombing up civilians and using them as shields is pure crazy.

This story is a big HOAX

You have a knack for posting off topic.
Who gives a # about taliban in this thread.
We are talking about our own KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS
Tell me, why are you comparing our Soldiers to taliban. Do you really believe US soldiers to be terrorists?

only these ones

\Granted the News article true

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
USA HAS THE STRONGEST MILITARY BECAUSE THEY'RE MEN ARE MONSTERS.

no other military has killed as much innocent civilians than the USA's.
that's the ONLY way they win their wars.

with that being said, i don't know how i would live without my son or daughter. they're a part of me, a part of my soul. how can you kill something so innocent and harmless? why, because they threw a rock at you? you're the one holding the AK-47.

[edit on 1/7/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
SOTT.net = Quantum Future Group, Inc = Perseus Foundation, Inc = Laura Knight Jadczyk

www.cassiopaeacult.com...

My personal brush with Laura Knight Jadczyk was in 2001 while doing the radio show Nightsearch that aired on the Internet’s Nightsearch Paranormal Network (NSPN). I refused to have her on the Nightsearch show as a guest contrary to the pre arranged invite by ex-co-host Eddie Middleton. Middleton knowing my personal views and my very vocal stance on abusive cult agendas had the discernment of a rock to invite her on our show. I was angry and refused to propagate this insane woman’s confusing mixed bag of atrocious gloom and doom ideologies.

As far as the radio show that Mr. Middleton interviewed her on – to me it was obvious that she was making up details as she went along. I sat and listened to the whole interview and have it on CD as the Nightsearch Network was coming from my den. I have listened to it several times and can absolutely identify with her mind-controlled head-trip – she is a mirror image of my former guru as far as the paranoia and bad habits go.

I have been investigating her cult (as well as others) for a couple of years, and in very private communication with a few former members. Those members are going to remain anonymous in order to protect their identities. It’s take’s a great deal of courage to come forward and to report such information.

So she makes stuff up as she goes along? Hoax!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What's funny is that posters here on ATS love to brag about how they can easily spot government propaganda, yet fall hook, line and sinker for anything that's anti-US, especially if it's against the military.

Freakin Clown shoes.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by jerico65]

link   
I wonder something.........seems to be alot of these type threads from basically the same people each time. Basically the same anti US Military people glad handing each other........do they really care or are these just star and flag farming threads? Hey the military is bad.......s&f for the op, gee thanks for the s&f here's a star for you for your effort. Maybe that's the true conspiracy here.......just a thought.

link   
So if it isn't US troops, do we assume it is Blackwater? This war has to stop, There is no accountability in this government at all. There is no way to investigate, because the government doesn't allow investigation. It is past time to demand that this corrupt nazi government step down. It is past time for a full investigation of Waco, Murrah, 911 the whole nine yards. It is time the American people realize they don't have a news media and turn the *@#* news media out on its ....

link   
reply to post by Sean48

See my above post and it only took five minutes.
This story is a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join