It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

ya, so much for deny ignorance.

i mean really, you think US troops have never killed civilians?
you don't know ANYTHING about war.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

(Snip)
seriously, just use google and you will find dozens of cases of war crimes committed by US troops.

and don't bother trying to call me un-american or say that I hate the troops because that is wrong.

What is happening over there is turning honest American's who most of them joined the forces because they had no choice into psychopaths.
Ever heard of PTSD? (snip)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This story is pure BS.

If this story even has a one percent element of truth, you can bet the America-haters in the mainstream media will broadcast it.

Oh, wait. Maybe not. Their boy Obama is in charge now.

I have more faith in our troops than to think they would perpetrate such an atrocity.

Should we get out of Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.? Yes, assuming our "leaders" are willing to seal our borders and stop play-acting at protecting the country. It doesn't matter what group is in charge in that part of the world. It will always be made up of Muslims who want to kill everyone who doesn't accept their false god Allah - including other Muslims who don't agree with them one hundred percent.

When all is said and done, the best thing we can do is find alternative energy sources or start drilling for oil on our own property. That, of course, will never happen because the Green Weenies and the corporate fat cats won't let it happen. If only we could do that, though, the oil blackmailers in Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc. could return to their tents and camels and the Second Century where they belong.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Cry foul at the troops killing civilians. Yet, the insurgents get a pass for killing civilians.

Welcome to ATS, where this is done on a daily basis. I still haven't gotten a straight answer from any of the rocket scientists here when I post that question. Doubt you'll get one, either.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

oh and btw (snip)

My grand mother was almost killed countless times by US troops during WW2 when she was a little girl in Regensburg, Germany. They TRIED to kill her. So you better get a life (snip)

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by asala]

link   

Aren't the US supposed to be the good guys ?

2nd line

link   
Tell you what...

We need to get the troops out because they are enduring mental stresses and this is a prime case of it.

We need to end the war thats how I feel. BUT, look at the reason they are doing this before any of you bash our men & women in uniform.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Cry foul at the troops killing civilians. Yet, the insurgents get a pass for killing civilians.

uhhh, the insurgents dont represent the United States of America..
wow.

link   

A preliminary United Nations investigation has found that eight students were among 10 Afghan civilians killed in Kunar province on Sunday.

A statement Thursday by Kai Eide, special UN representative, says the deaths occurred during a raid by Afghan and international military forces in the province's Narang district.

"Based on our initial investigation, eight of those killed were students enrolled in local schools," Eide said.

"There is also evidence to strongly indicate that there were insurgents in the area at the time."

At the same time, Eide said, many details of the incident remained unclear.

More than 2,000 Afghan civilians died between January and October, most at the hands of the insurgency.

www.rawa.org...

It is all about hating the US military. You got no proof US troops were involved, the title of the thread is highly misleading and should be labled a hoax.

About 64 percent of the child victims were killed in 2009 as a result of violent incidents perpetrated by the Taliban militants, who recruited dozens of underage boys as foot soldiers and suicide attackers.

Besides murdering several children on charges of espionage or working for the government and its foreign supporters, the insurgents deprived hundreds of thousands of boys and girls of education.

www.rawa.org...

link   
reply to post by lozenge

Be glad you can actually tell your grandmother's plight in english. Otherwise you'd be typing in Russian or German.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

...Oh my Garsh. I just puked a little in my mouth. Very sad indeed. It looks like some Soldiers aren't questioning their orders like they should.

And fighting to keep us free? I do hope you are being sarcastic.

The U.S. Corporate Military, Killing women and children in another country to keep you free....thats like saying the government isn't corrupt....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
get over the illusion that "americans" are the good guys please, its makin me sick.

Why can't you get over the illusion that america is some sort of oppressive super hate machine?

You do know that the Japanese attacked pearl harbor? Killed thousands of Chinese people and raped their women? Committed unspeakable war crimes against POWs? Anyone remember the batan death march?

[B]AND THAT IS JUST THE JAPANESE!!!!! THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE GERMANS?!!?!?! Do I really need to go into what THEY DID?!

I just want to make sure you were aware of these things just in case you are BIASED or IGNORANT. Either way your post was simply a cry for help.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by NightoftheComet]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Take your childish game to the playgrounds.

You know damn well US is at war and Civilians will die.

But to take all this crap out on the troops while the Taliban run around bombing up civilians and using them as shields is pure crazy.

This story is a big HOAX

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lozenge
i mean really, you think US troops have never killed civilians?
you don't know ANYTHING about war.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

you are IGNORANT.

Really? Hey, maybe you want to pull your head out of your fourth point of contact. I've been deployed many times since 23 Sep 01. How about you? How much combat have you seen, hero? I've seen a lot more war than you'll see in mom's basement playing COD.

Ignorant? Get a freakin' grip, junior. Think before you post.

seriously, just use google and you will find dozens of cases of war crimes committed by US troops.

And what about atrocities that are committed by insurgents? You know, where some troops from the 101st Airborne were grabbed at a checkpoint, beaten, dragged behind a vehicle for about 4-5 miles, set on fire, then beheaded???

Guess they get a pass, huh?

and don't bother trying to call me un-american or say that I hate the troops because that is wrong.

Don't care.

What is happening over there is turning honest American's who most of them joined the forces because they had no choice into psychopaths.
Ever heard of PTSD?

Yeah, everyone in the military is a loser that couldn't make it in the civilian world. Keep believing that.

Originally posted by lozengeidiot.

Oh, my. Name calling. You're breaking my heart.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

I would just like to say that a lot of people feel that punishing these soldiers by sending them to "military prison" will somehow rectify the situation.

I would like to point out that soldiers are trained to kill, that is their job. Punishing the soldiers involved in these acts will not stop a war from producing atrocities...for that is the nature of war.

I would like to see someone sit down and analyze the factors that actually CAUSE WAR.

If people do not want to see "war crimes" maybe we need to do away with, and outgrow war altogether?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

It looks like some Soldiers aren't questioning their orders like they should.

You need to get you a quickfix of reality.

Name me one war in which civilians weren't part of the death count.

And since you know so much about orders, tell me what was the order during this mission?

That's right, you can't. BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

oh and btw ***hole.

Did you read the rules about posting here before you called me an asshole, Ace?? Just curious.

My grand mother was almost killed countless times by US troops during WW2 when she was a little girl in Regensburg, Germany. They TRIED to kill her. So you better get a life because you are an ignorant monster

Sucks to have been her, but I doubt that your Oma's house was the main target there. Try reading some history first.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Quickfix

It looks like some Soldiers aren't questioning their orders like they should.

You need to get you a quickfix of reality.

Name me one war in which civilians weren't part of the death count.

And since you know so much about orders, tell me what was the order during this mission?

That's right, you can't. BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE.

Neither were you

Handcuffing children , and shooting them ??

When did you get taught that

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wanted to join the army...I really did. Recruiter saw that I had a very mild case of tourettes/a.d.d. diagnosed when i was 8 (haven't had problems since then), and a few minor broken bones in my medical history. He said NOPE, no way they're going to let you in. He said I would have to talk to a military psychologist that would check me out for them to even begin to consider me.

I couldn't get in, but people who are executing ten year olds could. Wow.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Neither were you

Handcuffing children , and shooting them ??

When did you get taught that

Never said I was JR.

Now you prove the title of this thread since you seem to believe this garbage.

It is a big hoax.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantthinkofaname
I couldn't get in, but people who are executing ten year olds could. Wow.

it is obvious why they wouldnt let you in, you are unable to seperate fact from made up stories!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join