It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

By the way, that picture is so obviously faked propaganda, I can't believe any thinking person would assume the accompanying article was anything but blatant BS. For your information, that isn't even an accurate uniform (I know, my man wears one every day), and soldiers don't wear sneakers with their fatigues, either. What a pathetic article!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You can't say something is pathetic just because it goes against your beliefs. I don't know if it's true or not, but yet I leave the question marks. Were you there? Are you sure what you're saying is 100% true? I mean, it's not because your husband is a soldier that he knows EVERYTHING that's going on around the barracks. I served 2.5 years in my country's army as a volunteer, because I thought I was helping a greater cause, and then I suddenly realised it's a job with much downs and some ups, thus I refused to continue in a job that didn't deserve the effort I was putting into it, much less the passion and heart. I found out there are many ways to help your country grow and be noble (much more noble, in fact) than declaring war to some other country: social serving (like feeding the homeless, teaching them and providing a little bit of humanity), ecological serving (cleaning up forests, glens and whatsoever), adopting a child, teaching foreighners the way of the u.s., etc...
On the other hand, I think it's funny you and some other posters call a thread like this 'propaganda', when someone has the right to be misinformed without knowing, as this seems to be the case. Everyone's entitled to make mistakes (and I'm not saying this is the case, as I don't know). What I do know, though, is that egotistic, megalomaniac and pseudo-nationalistic (or patriotic, as you call it) behavior has never helped any nation at all, be it in the nazi germany or nowadays in the u.s.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
So that's why the U.S. is in Iraq and Afghanistan..?........

It's not because of al-CIA-da....
It's not because of WMD's....
It's not because of Saddam Hussein....
It's not to control the oil and heroin for profit....

Well I don't know, you seem to forget that Sadam was swinging from a rope after being convicted by his own people after the US destroyed his military. As far as Iraqi oil. You may have also missed who are the biggest investors in Iraqi oil fields?

I'll give you a hint.
Oil Field Project in Iraq Won by Lukoil and Statoil

Lukoil of Russia and Statoil of Norway on Tuesday formally signed a contract with Iraqi authorities to develop the vast West Qurna 2 oil field. The untapped reserves are seen as critical to Iraqi reconstruction efforts.

Iraq inks preliminary deal to develop southern oil field

BAGHDAD, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- Iraqi Oil Ministry signed on Tuesday a preliminary contract with a consortium led by China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) to develop the Halfaya oil field in southern Iraq.

The group, which also includes Malaysia's Petronas and France's Total, will develop the Halfaya oil field to produce 535,000 barrels per day (bpd) from its proven reserves of 4.098 billion barrels of oil

As far as the Heroin in Afghanistan goes. Need I remind you who ran the country for YEARS producing Heroin? Cough.... Taliban Cough....

It was only in 2000 they cut back on production simply to raise the faltering heroin price? Sure production has increased since but who is really gaining from it?
Russia, Plagued by Heroin Use, to Press U.S. on Destroying Afghan Poppy Crops

MOSCOW — During talks this week with his American counterpart, Russia’s top drug enforcement official, Viktor P. Ivanov, will press the United States to step up efforts to destroy Afghan poppy cultivation, which he said was feeding a devastating drug problem in Russia.

The request comes just as American policy makers have swung sharply away from Bush-era programs to eradicate the opium poppy crop, which is used to produce heroin. After a visit to Afghanistan in July, the Obama administration’s special envoy for the region, Richard C. Holbrooke, said poppy eradication had alienated poor farmers and was “driving people into the hands of the Taliban.”

As far as little girls...

War is hell and should be avoided at all costs. Children are caught in the crossfire [They always do] It's war. Little girls in particular are also "taken advantage" of in any culture. [Sad Really] At least now hopefully they'll have the opportunity to get an education before they get married off at the ripe old age of 9 to a 60+ years old man in a traditional Afghanistan cultural ceremony.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sadly, the OP author succeeded in what he/she set out to do (just like in othe threads of similar content).

Regardless of whether we can agree on veracity of alleged events (which most people doubt at best), the same thing and headline surfaces 1000 times over -- Americans handcuff and execute small children. So it's like Big Lie tactics -- if repeated gazillion times, a lie becomes accepted as truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There are many that are upset that more on ATS are not outraged at what is stated to have occurred in these articles. I am not sure what we are supposed to be outraged about.

War is ugly and people die. There has been no war were women or children were spared the offenses of war. War is a brutality that changes all that are involved and there are no true victories in war. There are only survivors.

Each side believes that what they are doing is right and death is an acceptable price to pay. Those that do not agree or are not in a position to choose are swept along with those that are making the choices.

We can sit here and speak of how terrible we think it is that our soldiers have been reduced to such barbaric and animalistic behavior as to kill innocent children but are we so naive or hypocritical as to actually believe that war is a pristine gentleman's game where no one gets their hands dirty?

If you want no one to die at the hands of our soldiers then we should band all wars. We can't send soldiers into hostile territories and then expect them to fight a war without anyone dying. That includes women and children.

Why is it okay to kill them with bombs and drones but not with guns? I think we all know the answer to that one. Either way they are just as dead. And those hostile territories are people's homes, towns, villages and cities; they consider us the enemy and the terrorist.

Would you fight back if someone especially a person from one of these countries burst into your home day or night and tried to take your possessions from you or tried to kill your family members?

There is no equanimity in war. It is ugly. It is brutal and it is inhumane. We have fought them since the dawn of time and we will continue to fight them as long as one group of people think that it is their right to take by force, if necessary, anything they want that is not relinquished on demand. You can paint it any color you want. You can wrap in any color cloth, the bottom line is war is death. Death to mind, body and spirit. No one involved escapes.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

After reading your post I actually feel sorry for you....

You are either completely asleep or you typed that post from your room in the insane asylum...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Sadly, the OP author succeeded in what he/she set out to do (just like in othe threads of similar content).

Regardless of whether we can agree on veracity of alleged events (which most people doubt at best), the same thing and headline surfaces 1000 times over -- Americans handcuff and execute small children. So it's like Big Lie tactics -- if repeated gazillion times, a lie becomes accepted as truth.

Exactly. Propaganda. Tokyo Rose.
Americans couldn't even get away with putting panties on some guys heads and now this propaganda makes us look like cowboys shooting up the Middle East on a drunken binge. Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

An eyewitness on this thread who experienced the Gulf personally gave a realistic account of the stray dog situation there. It's not pretty.
Islam has long used the tactics as using women and children as human shields. Not pretty. Nor ethical, but it happens.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think this quote from the article should be posted.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Nato’s International Security Assistance Force said that there was “no direct evidence to substantiate” Mr Wafa’s claims that unarmed civilians were harmed in what it described as a “joint coalition and Afghan security force” operation.

“As the joint assault force entered the village they came under fire from several buildings and in returning fire killed nine individuals,” he said.

If these boys were used in combat, as it look to be the situation, then chances are that this could backfire on the Taliban, as the locals will know the truth. I suspect they will not like the idea of sending their sons to fight for the Taliban.

Once again, it looks like the Taliban is running out of men.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

wow. This was difficult!

Military use of children

Skip to the history section darling.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

War is hell and should be avoided at all costs. Children are caught in the crossfire [They always do] It's war. Little girls in particular are also "taken advantage" of in any culture. [Sad Really] At least now hopefully they'll have the opportunity to get an education before they get married off at the ripe old age of 9 to a 60+ years old man in a traditional Afghanistan cultural ceremony.

I agree with your comments about war but the children caught in the crossfire, especially the little girls, may be spared having to marry before the age of nine but most of them will be dead so education will not be an issue.

Though it is true that the Taliban do not allow the education of woman the ruling government at this time does and there are females that are receiving educations in Afghanistan.

But I don't think that we are fighting this war to provide an education to Afghanistan children. To be honest I will admit that I don't know why we are fighting this war. I know what we are being told but I know that what we are told and what is the truth are not always the same thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Slayer

C'mon sir, Really

I know without a doubt you have a real grasp on the situation in the M.E.

The US is there to save the girls??

When will we be expecting the US to attack China ??

You do realize with the 1 child law, young GIRLS are being killed

at birth so parents can have a Boy as their 1 child.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Slayer

C'mon sir, Really

I know without a doubt you have a real grasp on the situation in the M.E.

The US is there to save the girls??

When will we be expecting the US to attack China ??

You do realize with the 1 child law, young GIRLS are being killed

at birth so parents can have a Boy as their 1 child.

Let's not reduce this discussion to the ridiculous.
We are not going to attack China

The whole Girls getting an education issue now is just one of a few positive side effects. Someone claiming that we invaded to allow females an education obviously are making ludicrous claims. It's a side benefit.

Besides, whats wrong with talking about some of the few positives out of many negatives regarding the war? I mean we sit here 24/7 at ATS hearing all about the horror stories [Both True and Imaginary-this thread is a prime example] of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You do know that's not all there is to either country right?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
HAHA sorry wrong thread, man every thread sounds the same after a few pages.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by SLAYER69

Of course america is not going to attack China, it has equal military might. The American Government only goes after the weaker countries. The government knows that american soldiers will die if they attack China and the majority of Americans will only protest a war if there own was dying.

OK professor.

POP quiz... Who were the major combatants in the Korean war?

We have faced the Chinese before. Let's not get into an imaginary pissing contest over whether we would fight a war with them or not. The topic was the bogus article not the videos.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

HAHAHA, I put that in the wrong thread I was meant to put that monologue in my thread got them mixed up.

But yes, America has been victorious before BUT THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. Once upon a time Germany threatened the entire world, these day not so scary. Alot can change and the fact is China has become a superpower of equal ability.

PS. Could you start a thread posing that question? I think it would pose for a very interesting debate of sorts.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

HAHAHA, I put that in the wrong thread I was meant to put that monologue in my thread got them mixed up.

But yes, America has been victorious before BUT THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. Once upon a time Germany threatened the entire world, these day not so scary. Alot can change and the fact is China has become a superpower of equal ability.

PS. Could you start a thread posing that question? I think it would pose for a very interesting debate of sorts.

I have, here are some older ones from last year. If you care to view some of my other threads I have plenty and many are on topic HERE

The Fight for Global Dominance begins

China vs. The USA: An eye opener

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

HAHA sorry wrong thread, man every thread sounds the same after a few pages.

This was going to be a one liner but.
Star for your astute observation.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Slayer my friend, you cant fix stupid, nor can you change the minds of people who have already made there mind up that the US is bad. They fail to realize EVERY GOVERNMENT OUT THERE is CORRUPT AND VILE. But since there Stupid they choose to belive and spread these lies.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky
Why is it okay to kill them with bombs and drones but not with guns? I think we all know the answer to that one. Either way they are just as dead.

It's not. Whoever said it was?

The disgusting thing, is that so many are willing to accept the deaths of innocents in wars even the soldiers on here admit are unjust, and fought for corporate interests. Hell, theyre not even wars. We're not fighting any state or any uniformed military, we're fighting criminal organizations, and we're supplying them fresh recruits every time we kill people's families, or push people around in their own homeland. It creates a hydra effect.

We haven't fought a necessary war since WWII. Every "war" since, has been a sham for corporate profit, and as time has gone on, it's gotten more and more blatant, yet many still support our crooked government and their corporate masters using their sons and daughters in the military to fatten their bank accounts more.

To cjcord, thanks for the link. Interesting read, especially how it is now against international human rights law to allow children under 15 near a combat zone, as it should be.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
These videos are obviously propaganda to fuel more hate against the West. Common game in dar ul Harb.

Since the battlefield and enemy is not defined by Islam there will be confusion and the side that uses that to sway minds and hearts will succeed. Islam will get sympathy from these videos by their own hands. Why would they want sympathy?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join