It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
a significant part of our population saying it's okay when kids are killed in war because "bad things happen". Completely disgusting. Not even Scarface would kill kids,

I love that line.

Tony Montanya has a higher moral code that some troops.

'I don't kill kids mon."

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

How have i invalidated myself? Please explain, besides just saying i have. Also, who has conditioned ME to believe my personal logic? I've come to the conclusions i have personally, by thinking for myself, not what FOX news tells me. I don't subscribe to either of the current polarizations in this nation, i am not anti-war or pro-war. I see very clearly the motives behind the current conflicts though, and i believe war should be fought between 2 uniformed armies on a battlefield, AWAY from children. The way it used to be fought, but with the evolution of technology we have really become somewhat cowardly, men don't face each other anymore, we kill each other from miles away and don't care who gets killed in the crossfire.

When one offers no evidence to their claims, but merely states "well, I'm right and you're wrong, cuz you just believe what you've been told to believe"- your claims no longer have any weight. If you feel I am wrong, show me how I am wrong so i might use my brain to come to another dconclusion. By assuming i have been "conditioned", which means I believe what i have been TOLD to believe, not what I have "concluded myself, by thinking for myself" you are claiming that I am not as observant or capable of rational thought as you are. Appeal to ignorance. Clear?

And please do show me one example of a war fought with absolutely NO children being affected. Even in ancient times wars were fought "on a battlefield" with children armed and in the midst of fighting. So you believe war should be fought in a fantasyland?

The military really has nothing to do with it. They are doing their jobs, what they are ordered to do. Some are unable to deal with the pressures of military service and snap, REGARDLESS what country they represent.

While I agree with this, that isn't exactly what you were claiming above. You were clear in your statements that you blamed the military AND the government. I disagreed with that, and have stated why.

It's the lawmakers (and their corporate masters) who send them to war for profit, who are responsible for the propaganda and the dehumanization of the enemy to gain public support for their adventures.

I agree with the first 13 words. I, a rational thinker living in America, who comes to her own conclusions without the benefit of mainstream media; has seen no evidence yet that the US government has dehumanized or sanctioned a war on the entire populations of these countries. While I can easily state that yes, civilians are affected by war, i will not agree that the US government is encouraging this.

Have you not seen how they lie to us and ignore us in EVERY other aspect of our dealings with them? What the HELL makes you think they are playing straight with us THIS time?

Can you be a bit more specific here? As in, what lies, and which "they" and what other dealings are you referring to? I cannot reply until i know what you are referencing here.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Please show me how you've come to the conclusion there were young children on ancient battlefields. Also, please show me where i've blamed the military, ONCE, on this thread. I suggest you go back and read my previous comments.

You've made it clear you accept the deaths of children and necessary. Like i said before, the universe will take care of people like yourself. Enjoy your cold heartedness while you can.

As for everything else, i'm not going to hold your hand and show you all the lies and corruption in our government. If you can't see it yourself, it's because you don't choose to. You're arguing from your position and i can see clearly you have no real interest in seeing another point of view, and i don't have time right now to go in circles with you. Maybe later, but right now i have to go.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Please show me how you've come to the conclusion there were young children on ancient battlefields.

K. When the average lifespan was about half what it is now, do you believe the draft age was 18? Under that, we who live in modern times would call them children.

Also, please show me where i've blamed the military, ONCE, on this thread. I suggest you go back and read my previous comments.

I suggest you reread as well then. All of my points were directly referring to the US military. You happily debated my every statement. I never mentioned the government until later in my posts.

You've made it clear you accept the deaths of children and necessary. Like i said before, the universe will take care of people like yourself. Enjoy your cold heartedness while you can.

Now it's your turn to prove how you came to the conclusion that I accept this as just and have some sort of sick thrill about it.

Seems to me you are classically trolling me, as your concluding my words as being absolutely nothing like what I have stated, prove.

As for everything else, i'm not going to hold your hand and show you all the lies and corruption in our government. If you can't see it yourself, it's because you don't choose to. You're arguing from your position and i can see clearly you have no real interest in seeing another point of view, and i don't have time right now to go in circles with you. Maybe later, but right now i have to go.

Another debate fallacy. Take your toys and go home then! Have a good day.

Oh, but if in the future you wish to make assumptions about my beliefs or opinions, you may be better served finding out what my beliefs or opinions actually are- instead of looking stupid by running from an actual discussion.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chastral

I agree, this thread should be thrown in the waste can of the Hoax bin. The picture is clearly a fake, the headline is false, and there is nothing to back up the claims in the story. The attention a thread like this gets makes the whole site look bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Clearly you love it when lies are spread to back up your agenda, representing some of the most vile people on the planet who life goal is to spread destruction and murder innocents in the name of god.

You are probably in line for one of those 10 year old brides.

It is quite evident that you are willing to spread all kinds of lies to support those who seek to enslave women.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

Yes, I am the devil and I hope all children die by taliban hands, it's my deep secret fetiche. Oh brother...

If the shoe fits?

Here you are, supporting those who willingly murder innocent women and children on a regular basis, and believe in selling young girls into sexual slavery.

I don't know who did what number to you to make you so twisted and lost, but that you are.

Um, reality, there is no money in fighting the Afghanistan war. Desire for an oil pipeline is nowhere economically feasible for such actions. Besides, the Middle East is quickly running out of oil, and Russia's reserves won't last all that long.

This is the reality, sorry you can't handle it.

The Taliban attacked the U.S., and made several attempts to attack us, and was actively training terrorists to kill innocents.

Europeans are in Afghanistan, and have been from the beginning.

Effort is already being launched in Darfur.

I don't know if you are a radical Islamic terrorist, or just a sympathizer, but either way, you are on the wrong side of a global conflict that is continuing to escalate.

This has nothing to do with money, it is a fight for our way of life.

By the way, I was always against GW and his wacko regime, and I can't stand Faux News.

When the Taliban blew up those ancient Buddhist statues, it was pretty clear then that we were going to eventually have to fight these people.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

There are plenty of people who are neutral in this growing war against terrorism, they just aren't on here posting propaganda lies, and supporting terrorist activities, like you are doing, by twisting what I have said.

Some people can see right from wrong , and there is no justification

in killing children.

So why are you supporting the people who actively and willingly blow up children on a regular basis?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I think GW invaded Iraq in the hopes for monetary gain, but failed to get any.

Afghanistan, however, has never been about financial gain. It originally was an excuse to invade Iraq. this is why GW neglected this conflict, which has allowed the Taliban resurgents to continue fighting.

While the U.S. has its share of corruption in government, overall the people are good, and the philosophy and morality of the U.S. is very strong, and our goals as a nation remain honorable.

The people in the U.S. support the war against terrorism because they see it as the right thing to do.

There ARE extremists, and they should be hunted down like i said before, by men trained to do so without impacting the civilians in a given country. Why do you trust the government NOW?

Who else is going to do it? I trust any private army of soldiers for hire FAR Less than I trust the U.S. government. While the people behind the scenes pulling the strings aren't always of good character, overall, the soldiers of the U.S. are people of very good character, of whom I used to be one.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
25 pages of an I hate America star and flag fest that is a hoax.........good job mods. Seems as long as there are people willing to believe anything without proof posts like this are destined to survive.........gesh and they say birthers are crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

How is it that the story itself is automatically untrue because an irresponsible journalist may have attached an unrelated image for added effect?

It was a complete and deliberate distortion aimed at nothing but stirring up hatred. The poster of this article isn't a journalist, he is a cheap shot propaganda artist.

Like I said, this thread belongs in the Hoax bin.

Like I stated from the beginning, what it really looks like to me is that the Taliban is running out of men willing to support their war, so now they are turning to young boys as recruited soldiers.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Is the picture of the children linked to one source?

Why does the article talk about Afghanistan and then read the link to the picture posted it says

"Iraqi children"?
//www.sott.net/image/image/s1/31447/full/iraqichildren.jpg
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d2c26e5d61.jpg[/atsimg]

And since when does the American military issue tennis/track shoes for combat? The whole story is bogus and is simply a "BASH AMERICA" thread topic.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

There are plenty of people who are neutral in this growing war against terrorism, they just aren't on here posting propaganda lies, and supporting terrorist activities, like you are doing, by twisting what I have said.

By stating my opinion's , that are contrary to yours, That makes me

a supporter of terrorist ??

I don't have to twist your words my friend.

Your colours show brightly with your own words. (see above quote)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Twist my words to your twisted view is exactly what you did. Anyone who follows the links can see that.

You see this phony article about U.S. soldiers and automatically assume they are guilty, but ignore the regular news reports about the Taliban killing children and families.

That is a pretty twisted view point you maintain.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Geez, 25 pages of people backing misinformation in a blog.

My friend volunteered at the hospital in Bagram. Dustoff brought in a bunch of wounded once.

It was kids that the US came across in a village. Seems that the Taliban decided to fire an RPG into their homes.

Where's the moral indignation for that?

Yeah, that's what I thought. No one seems to have anything to say about the Taliban lighting up a bunch of kids.

Pathetic losers.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well, to be fair, the Taliban didn't invade the US.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Those who believe the Taliban and their connected terrorist organizations were behind 9/11 would have to strongly disagree with you there.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Those who know who did 911 would disagree with you.

Are we currently at War with Pakistan , or Saudi Arabia?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here is a video from Democracy Now talking about the incident featured in the OP...

www.democracynow.org...

President Karzai responds...

www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by rainfall]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by jerico65

Well, to be fair, the Taliban didn't invade the US.

To be double fair... there were no US soldiers in the houses the Taliban bomb either.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join