It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral

There is a psychological mechanism that compells people to stick with things they initially side themselves with... even when they find out they are wrong. Literally, people will continue the same little act even when they know they are busted just because of a psychological mechanism. Your caught up in that mechanism. No ammount of proof will change your stance because your that stubborn.

I think you hit the nail right on the head..

Thanks for clearing that up for me....now I can see why the military thinks they're in the right.....it's psychological...brainwashing...clan mentality....

December_Rain just 'busted' you about the criminal actions of the military and you go into defense mode......."

"You cannot compair a soldier raping a woman in prison the same as killing a kid. You just cant do it."

Spoken like a true 'mind controlled' victim...

Your caught up in that mechanism. No ammount of proof will change your stance because your that stubborn.

Look in the mirror next time you say that...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Where is the evidence to support the misleading title of this thread? Where is the evidence of execution vs. collateral losses during a firefight. Any evidence to suggest that these poor children were being used as human shields? This is a popular tactic amongst our enemies.

The original article cited by the OP is disgusting!!! And refers to the recent CIA agents killed by a homicide bomber as CIA assassins.

NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE pointing to US troops. THe original article even said US LED troops. THese could easily be local troops.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, there are at least two sides to every story.

This is what NATO says.

news.yahoo.com...

Nato’s International Security Assistance Force said that there was “no direct evidence to substantiate” Mr Wafa’s claims that unarmed civilians were harmed in what it described as a “joint coalition and Afghan security force” operation.

“As the joint assault force entered the village they came under fire from several buildings and in returning fire killed nine individuals,” he said.

What does this tell us? The Taliban are running out of grown ups, so now they are recruiting boys as young as 12. The Taliban puts guns into the hands of young boys, and when they get killed, they make outrageous claims. Chances are that everyone around the area knows the real truth to this story.

You can really tell how whacked out this report is with the pictures of the little children who look to be under 6 years old, most of the student were 15.

Of course the Taliban think nothing of killing their fellow Afghans.

www.google.com...

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — Taliban militants beheaded six Afghans they accused of spying for the government of President Hamid Karzai, police said Thursday, confirming the men had "cooperated with the authorities".

The victims' bodies were found with their heads totally separated in a house near the capital of the southern province of Uruzgan on Thursday, Juma Gul Hema, the provincial police chief, told AFP.

Let's not forget the Taliban killing school girls for daring to go to school.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

People don't need any real evidence.
They'll simply blame it on...

psychological...brainwashing...clan mentality

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I doubt this really happened, but if it did, we have a word for it in my country:

shameful.

Being a non-american citizen, and by what I see, I guess the real problem is that the american armed forces must have an enemy, must feel they are threatened every minute of their existence and that their country is at risk too. Which is, obviously, not the truth, unlike what american media loves to spread. Mosty countries where I've been value their armed forces (like in my country) not because they feel safe if some threat arises but because they usually are helpful to the people, like when forest fires or floods threaten the population. If at least this war was necessary, I'd surely understand it... but on the other hand, tell me which war was EVER necessary regarding the country of the united states. Yeah, NONE! Oh well, I just hope the head title did not happen. If it did, though, I wouldn't be much surprised.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Faustian Spirit]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

If at least this war was necessary, I'd surely understand it... but on the other hand, tell me which war was EVER necessary regarding the country of the united states. Yeah, NONE! Oh well, I just hope the head title did not happen. If it did, though, I wouldn't be much surprised.

Welcome to ATS Faustian Spirit,

I see this is your very first post...

And you're totally right about that quote...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Can I ask you a question?

Why does the article talk about Afghanistan and then read the link to the picture posted it says

"Iraqi children"?
//www.sott.net/image/image/s1/31447/full/iraqichildren.jpg
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d2c26e5d61.jpg[/atsimg]

And since when does the American military issue tennis/track shoes for combat? The whole story is bogus and is simply a "BASH AMERICA" thread topic.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Somehow - a stock photo makes this story more legit - I don't know how that could be, perhaps someone can explain it. Could have at least found a photo where the kids in it were the same age as the students that were killed...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thank you. Finally I found a site that makes me write and discuss, not to say THINK.

As for the quote, well, it's my 2 cents, it's the only thing that seems TRUE to me. Lobbies and financial or political pull-in and leverage are the true weapons of mass destruction, and they're surely not outside the united states. These days, it's a comodity to live in a poor, natural resourceless or uninteresting country. When war was declared to the nazi germany, we were ruled by a right wing dictator that refused and denied our participation in that event, not because of identical ideological views but because it was of no interest to THE PEOPLE AND TO THE COUNTRY. And, as I see it, the people is the most important 'asset' inside a democratic state, because it alone CREATES DEMOCRACY. So, and in that case, if our fascist looney dictator protected us, the people, from world war 2, why did one democratic(?) president start a war of terror against terror and why does another one perpetuate the first one's mistake? I just think it's immoral, wrong and serves not the people of the united states. Hope Obama figures the hole he is digging unlike Bush ever did.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

So you have no problem with the Taliban killing girls for daring to go to school?

You have no problem with the Taliban training people for acts of international terrorism?

If some taliban terrorist blows up you family in your home town, you would be alright with that?

All because they want the rest of the world to worship their god.

Those are the people you support?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So you have no problem with the Taliban killing girls for daring to go to school?

Nope, I do have a problem with it, but it's a conscience one, not a natural resource one that serves as an excuse for rampaging a country. On the other hand, the country itself has what it's needed for it to take care of the Taliban threat (that is: manpower, authority and most importantly INSIDE KNOWLEDGE, which YOU don't).

You have no problem with the Taliban training people for acts of international terrorism?

What is the difference between a terrorist and a drill sargeant? Ranks? Nationality? Because they both train men for a specific task. Ask me and I tell you that the REAL terrorism has been upheld by american forces on foreign grounds since the 60's. If you choose to apply the talion law, how much better can you be?

If some taliban terrorist blows up you family in your home town, you would be alright with that?

Not mine, not anyone's. I mean: what about McVeigh? He was american, and he did blow up families inside their hometowns. Taliban or not, terrorism is almost everywhere, so I guess that is an excuse. Tell me: are ALL AFGHAN CITIZENS TALIBAN? Not at all. In that case, why do they suffer what taliban fanatics don't? Collateral damage is not an excuse. Terrorists struck the u.s. hard, which is sad and horrible, and in return the u.s. spend the next 9 years on payback mode. Both your governement and the talibans are WRONG.

All because they want the rest of the world to worship their god.

Which is most american's god too, only under a different monicker. So, if they do kill and worship their god and you do kill and worship your god, what's the difference? There's no good guys here, only bad ones. You were attacked and replied back, good way to go if you ask me. But I mean... 9 years after and you're still replying?!? No one dissuades me to think that the attacks were planned and executed by american lobbyists in high positions in order to provide your country more unneeded wealth... but wealth is never enough, now is it?

Those are the people you support?

The people I support are those who are not afraid to speak the truth bluntly and that give their hand to a fallen fellow of their kind. The HUMAN kind, that is.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Maybe if you were better informed you would know that it is the Taliban which is rampaging the country, and U.S. service men are putting their lives on the line to stop that rampaging.

U.S. Drill Sargents don't train men to blow themselves up in market squares during normal business activities killing innocent men and women. If you can't tell the difference then you are just another supporter of terrorism who can't tell the difference between right and wrong.

McVeigh was one guy over ten years ago, and he actually took out a government target, not a bunch of women and kids in some market square.

Do you know how many terrorist act there are annually?

Do you know who most of the victims of terrorism are?

Afghanistan people suffer more from the acts of the Taliban than they do under U.S. occupation. Once again, you are supporting people who think it is religiously correct to kill girls for going to school.

It is not which God they worship, it is how they worship their god. They want to make everyone worship God in the same way they worship God.

Here is the truth, this war has been going on for over a thousand years. It is going on in the Middle East, Africa, India, Asia, and Europe, and it will keep going on until, I guess, we wipe out all the fanatics willing to fight, just like we wiped out the NAZIs.

This isn't the U.S. verses Islamic fanatics, this is Islamic fanatics verses the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

U.S. Drill Sargents don't train men to blow themselves up in market squares during normal business activities killing innocent men and women. If you can't tell the difference then you are just another supporter of terrorism who can't tell the difference between right and wrong.

Don't waste your time.
Unless it has "US and Killing Children" in the title of a thread not much else is posted here at ATS.

'Nine killed' in suspected Afghanistan suicide bombing

A suspected suicide bomber has attacked a market in the eastern Afghan city of Gardez, killing at least nine people.

The dead included four young children. Police say 28 others were wounded, some seriously.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh Slayer, your just brainwashed... its psychology... clan mentality........

When my unit was helping to fix up a school that had been bombed shortly after the Iraq invasion there were tons of little kids, most of which were under 10 years of age, watching us excitedly.

We were on a humanitarian mission, that was it. We started to get mortar fire, and one of the mortar rounds landed on the kids. We had to get out of their with our vehicles because it was substantial mortar fire. A medical unit was sent back there after the mortar fire was addressed.

ATS isn't what I thought it was at first. I thought surely someone would not be able to get away with going so far out on a limb to post that Americans killed innocent children in cold blood after handcuffing them... with absolutely no proof or evidence or anything. Then post a picture that didnt go with the story to give it more sensationalism.

It makes me sick that people dont understand the tacticts the terrorists are using. It sounds like an individual with rainfalls mentality is on the news at the other end, making bogus claims with the intention of them being warped and twisted. Oh wait a second... there were no claims of US troops killing innocent children. That part was fabricated from the shallow depths of Rainfalls psyche.

Two sides to every story. No, what Rainfall did was malicious. I lost respect for ATS for not putting it in the HOAX folder.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

Ask me and I tell you that the REAL terrorism has been upheld by american forces on foreign grounds since the 60's.

I love it when the truth is spoken...

So, if they do kill and worship their god and you do kill and worship your god, what's the difference?

LOL...so true...

No one dissuades me to think that the attacks were planned and executed by american lobbyists in high positions in order to provide your country more unneeded wealth... but wealth is never enough, now is it?

More truth...I love it..

The people I support are those who are not afraid to speak the truth bluntly and that give their hand to a fallen fellow of their kind. The HUMAN kind, that is.

Glad to see their is another new member to join ATS that has his heart in the right place...

I just added you to my friends list..

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Maybe if you were better informed you would know that it is the Taliban which is rampaging the country, and U.S. service men are putting their lives on the line to stop that rampaging.

Herd mentality. You eat what you're fed, but hey, it's your choice. No one asked you to go there. No one but a looney cowboy from downsouth Texas, that is.

Yes, I am the devil and I hope all children die by taliban hands, it's my deep secret fetiche. Oh brother...

McVeigh was one guy over ten years ago, and he actually took out a government target, not a bunch of women and kids in some market square.

Oh... so it's ok if he took a government target and as a side effect killed men, women and children, is it? What's the difference? Is it it wasn't in a market square?!? Please read what you just wrote and then THINK for christ's sake! IT'S IMMORAL TO TAKE ANOTHER MAN'S LIFE NO MATTER WHAT, be it taliban, american, spanish, german or whatsoever. It was an act of terrorism. One guy over ten years... well, 150,000 over ten years is also frightning.

Do you know who most of the victims of terrorism are?

Yeah, I do: PEOPLE.

Afghanistan people suffer more from the acts of the Taliban than they do under U.S. occupation. Once again, you are supporting people who think it is religiously correct to kill girls for going to school.

Herd mentality. Once again, not all afghani are taliban, thus they shouldn't pay for a minority.

It is not which God they worship, it is how they worship their god. They want to make everyone worship God in the same way they worship God.

I more or less agree here. They are extremists and everything that has 'extreme' on it starts off badly. Nevertheless, they are in their native soil and they were invaded by you with no authority whatsoever. Waging a war against a country that hurt your nation sounds plausible to me, but not when you've done what you had to do (put the power on afghan hands) and still continue in their country. Would it be mine and you'd be asking for a s**tload of trouble, and we'd give it to your troops as well, as no one likes their country to be invaded. They consider a provocation the fact of you being in their country, and yet you continue to send more troops. Almost every civilized european country denied their help on continuing this farse, and yet you still think you're right. And then, you know that there are weapons of mass destruction in North korea and you do s**t about it. Is it because the north korean government will use warheads on american soil if you act like you acted over afghanistan? You bet. Go play with north koreans and then you tell me.

Here is the truth, this war has been going on for over a thousand years. It is going on in the Middle East, Africa, India, Asia, and Europe, and it will keep going on until, I guess, we wipe out all the fanatics willing to fight, just like we wiped out the NAZIs.

See? You seem to have a need to wipe out ANYONE when money is involved. I mean... why don't you go wipe out those monsters in Darfur? Oh right: there's nothing involved for you, is there? All the fanatics willing to fight... right, as long as they possess something valuable for your economy, I bet you will.

This isn't the U.S. verses Islamic fanatics, this is Islamic fanatics verses the world.

Oh? Then why doesn't most of the european union stick by your side helping you fight? i mean, the european union is also a part of the world, is it not? Thing is it figured out what is enough is enough.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Faustian Spirit]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is the same "poor little children" that the Palestinians have been using for years to prove Israel is evil.
It's catching on in MSM in the Caliphate and it's all BS.

I have heard personal accounts of Islamic children blowing up humvees in Iraq though. Children are used in Islam as human shields and that's a real crime!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
If you can't tell the difference then you are just another supporter of terrorism who can't tell the difference between right and wrong.

When did George W Bush join ATS ?

"Your either with us , or with the Terrorist!"

No George , err Poet1b

Some people can see right from wrong , and there is no justification

in killing children.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A shocking anti-military report coming from an anti war site with quotes from the opposition government. Sure, sounds factual.

Yes, civilians are killed in war. W@rong place, wrong time, target miscalculations, human sheilds, collateral damage-- these are all facts of war.

US forces handcuffing children and lining them up and shooting them execution style? Now why would ANYONE doubt that? It's just run of the mill for us white devils right?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join