It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The article origionated from www.afterdowningstreet.org... which is not credible enough to make such outlandish claims. Until I see something more official, I will consider this propaganda. expecially since the source website is an anti-war activist website.

-E-

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A report I read in The Scotsman, and elsewhere last week, described the shooters as "Non-military Americans". That immediately made me wonder if maybe Xe (formerly Blackwater) are operating in the area, or another US sanctioned contractor.

I think the fact that these were not military personnel means that those responsible will never see the inside of a jail cell.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.google.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Britguy]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Britguy]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Not like its totally new .

Thanks for the video Sean, I had not seen that but of coarse it is not surprising.....

see also what the U.S. is doing in Pakistan...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the more I hear about the atrocities committed by the allies in this war and the ignorance of "patriots" the more I sympathize with the terrorists. The troops aren't 10,000 miles away to defend our countries, they're nothing more then an invasion. F the troops.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The article doesn't SAY ANYTHING and there is no proof that these were United States Military. Come on! Get a grip people. This is the kind of crap that causes people to panic in emergency situations and trample people to death. Get all the facts before you come to a conclusion. This sounds like it is a story that could have easily been twisted. Non military personnel? Im all for ending the war but I still have a lot of respect for US troops and like to think they aren't over there wantonly executing children. Come on! Things are bad and war is hell but let's keep our wits about us until more info comes out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If there is a God he/she will be pretty PO'd about these innocents being killed in this way. I pray it's untrue. WTF is wrong with our government that these kinds of attrocities go on and on. And to think our tax dollars made it all possible makes me an accessory. Forgive me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Because...there are no people who are caucasian looking in Afghanistan that would pretend to be Western so as to stir up sentiment......

and there are no white people who are Muslim....

And targetting school children is not a consistent tactic of .... Al Q & Taliban forces.

Could it be NATO soliders? Sure. Doesn't mean it IS.

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here is a quote from the end of the article.

"A statement issued Thursday by the Afghan National Security Directorate said the government investigation showed no Afghan forces were involved and "international forces from an unknown address came to the area and without facing any armed resistance, put 10 youth in two rooms and killed them.

"They conducted this operation on their own without informing any security or local authorities of Afghanistan," the statement said."

It does not say that US troops did this.

[edit on 2010/1/7 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Gee,

I wonder why the United States is hated throughout the world

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just wish there was some way that more people would be exposed to this kind of news.
Not everyone is interested in Conspiracy forums, and its a shame because the whole world show know of all these atrocities. Every one of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And targetting school children is not a consistent tactic of .... Al Q & Taliban forces.

Except when they are bombing girls schools and/or beating/killing girls for attending school.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I call this story BS.
unless there is video or pictures to prove it anyone can make up stories about the "enemy"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Not much mystery in why someone would want americans dead, an eye for an eye
Besides, iv seen interviews where afghan people say that american presence doesnt give them security at all, that life was so much better until the americans came, and that they shuld leave

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Children are murdered everyday by US troops.

Just stop being ignorant and supporting any troops overseas at all.

WE ARE OVER THERE ON A LIE ANYWAYS.

Hell, I'd go as far to say just cut off support to them and let the desert eat them all alive.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Its seems like a majority of people who have left replies are jumping to conclusions without enough evidence and are using this story as a just another reason to generalize all Ameircan soldiers as child killers and rapists. Obviously woman and children have been killed by American soldiers and probably more will be killed. Thats the nature of War. Like it or not.

I dont believe that one article is enough evidence. I heard about the story last week when it was said that the people who were behind the executions were not associated with the NATO forces. From what I also remember news sources were saying that the people who were executed were suspected of making bombs or something like that. Which most likely is bull.

The fact of the matter is no one has been implicated yet and nobody probably will be if it was some kind of black operation.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by shyster55]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by shyster55]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It really bugs me when I see something like this. I was a soldier for 10 years...I saw some things that I never wish I would have...done some things that I may not be proud of, BUT to kill children??? Come on! I cannot believe it and refuse to believe it.

and to the person that said F the troops....I say...F the people that say F the troops!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Please post a source that identifies where and when this happened.

I can't find any reference to such an atrocity except for reprints of this article.

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

are you kidding me? you do know what kind of folks join the army right? especially the infantry.... people who want to shoot "ragheads". im a vet, i know what im talkin about. no not everyone thats in there is a criminal or a desperate poor person lookin to pop some heads but to say its "hard to believe". youve been living in the basement too long... we massacred vietnamese, iraqis, we firebombed japs, germans and italians during world war II. tens of thousands of woman and children burned to death becasue of our indescriminate bombing of cities... the only country to use the A bomb, thousands insinerated instantly... get over the illusion that "americans" are the good guys please, its makin me sick.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
we massacred vietnamese, iraqis, we firebombed japs, germans and italians during world war II. tens of thousands of woman and children burned to death becasue of our indescriminate bombing of cities... the only country to use the A bomb, thousands insinerated instantly... get over the illusion that "americans" are the good guys please, its makin me sick.

Last time I read a book, I think I recall that the Germans and the Japanese were the ones that started World War Two, not the US. So, it kinda goes without saying that they got what was due when we bombed them.

Also, check out something called the "Rape of Nanking" (Japanese) and the bombing of Eastern European cities like Warsaw and Moscow by the Germans. You know, some more indiscriminate bombing of cities.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A preliminary United Nations investigation has found that eight students were among 10 Afghan civilians killed in Kunar province on Sunday.

A statement Thursday by Kai Eide, special UN representative, says the deaths occurred during a raid by Afghan and international military forces in the province's Narang district.

"Based on our initial investigation, eight of those killed were students enrolled in local schools," Eide said.

"There is also evidence to strongly indicate that there were insurgents in the area at the time."

At the same time, Eide said, many details of the incident remained unclear.

More than 2,000 Afghan civilians died between January and October, most at the hands of the insurgency.

www.rawa.org...

Cry foul at the troops killing civilians. Yet, the insurgents get a pass for killing civilians.

It is all about hating the US military. You got no proof US troops were involved, the title of the thread is highly misleading and should be labled a hoax.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droopy
reply to post by Sean48

Not much mystery in why someone would want Americans dead, an eye for an eye

Isn't that Ironic since it was what... 5,000 dead American civilians in a street about 8 years ago that prompted this whole thing? Wow...that was just what? Justice? Revenge? Karma? I know there are people out there who think it is but I think they need to check their facts again and the series of events.

The US was horrifically attacked for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. The Afghans/Taliban/Al Qaeda/whatever basically came to the shore of America , kicked in the doors of 5,000 Americans and dragged them into the street and shot them.

Ok, so now IM supposed to feel sorry for the poor afghans who are dying in a war THEY STARTED? I would never condone executing children, but the civilians need to find these BOZOS and hand them over to the US if they want this crap to stop.

In reality, there is no answer because everyone is right. We are creating terrorists by being there AND if we do nothing, we embolden an enemy (which is the case regardless).

We have 1 choice. Annihilate all islamic terrorist organizations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join