It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD (Real Gnosis)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
It is not a void, a nothingness. Well it is, but it is also everything and all....(right?). I think a better definition of this centerpoint would indeed be "balance". The "zero point" from which potential originates.

I was just taking a cue from Buddhism:

Śūnyatā, शून्यता (Sanskrit noun from the adj. sūnya - 'void' ), Suññatā (Pāli; adj. suñña), stong pa nyid (Tibetan), Kòng/Kū, 空 (Chinese/Japanese), Gong-seong, 공성(空性) (Korean), qoɣusun (Mongolian) meaning "Emptiness" or "Voidness", is a characteristic of phenomena arising from the fact (as observed and taught by the Buddha) that the impermanent nature of form means that nothing possesses essential, enduring identity (see anattā). In the Buddha's spiritual teaching, insight into the emptiness of phenomena (Pali: suññatānupassanā) is an aspect of the cultivation of insight (vipassanā-bhāvanā) that leads to wisdom and inner peace. The importance of this insight is especially emphasised in Mahayana Buddhism, and receives a more 'positive' explication in the Tathagatagarbha sutras.

Emptiness is best understood when experienced non-intellectually, a state which is "empty" of "self consciousness", a state where the self is one with all, a state of serenity and peace.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.katinkahesselink.net...

I always think of black holes at the centers of galaxies too for some reason. :-/

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

LOVE to describe the Universe creating what it does by interacting with everything else is a bit of a corny spaced out nut job term to use.

You know,

throughout the history, the message of the prophets, be it Christ or Buddha or whatever, has been basically the same. Or John Lennon. I think what the OP is talking about here is not some pink hearts and kissy kissy, but more like the ecstasy being connected to the primodial "something". Call it God if you like.

We are already there, but most people don't realize it. It's always withing us.
It's actually the basis of all existence.

Osho said: "People don't know what love is". I think that's pretty arrogant, but I would say: "People haven't REALIZED what love is". Cosmic connectivity is not same as the love for a single person and has nothing to do with sex etc.

Many people only come to appreciate things like this when they are through some rough times or are getting old.

Religion and fighting over god/s that cannot be proven is useless and stupid. It has caused so many wars that maybe it's better to drop the whole subject?

We cannot simply understand the Creator or it's/his motives. We are part of something so overwhelmingly MASSIVE that we simply do not matter. Or then again, we are ALL that matters.

It depends how you look at things.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by Toadmund

LOVE to describe the Universe creating what it does by interacting with everything else is a bit of a corny spaced out nut job term to use.

Cosmic connectivity is not same as the love for a single person and has nothing to do with sex etc.

Lets call it that then, 'cosmic connectivity', or 'Universal interaction', 'Magnificient Mingling', Universal Dynamic Machine, or something but, LOVE!

I think I understand the concept, but someone said before a few posts ago, it's balance, it's also give and take.
Chaos and order.

To say Love runs the Universe, people are just going to laugh and not buy it.
But you may say, 'those are not the people I am trying to reach', so you preach to the choir.
I don't mean to criticise, I just get tired of the neo-hippy, dancing on a rainbow, namaste nerd type mumbo jumbo.
If you wish to reach people, don't scare them away, bring them closer.

Drop the love crap.
The Universe couldn't care less about love, it does what it does, creating and destroying, it's been doing that for a while now.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
I'm just going to keep this simple ok.
Because I'm tired of reading threads about this.

The Universe and God is the same and we are all parts of a Cosmic Organism.

Pantheism or Panentheism doesn't explain it for me.

imo God made the universe outside of Himself...
...just as a man might make a dynamic machine.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

God is Love

Nice thread. I like it.

God is Love.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

And what is this that we are born into, that is separate from the source of everything? How can it be separate enough to house fear and ignorance, when you say there IS no separation at the highest level of consciousness?

We obviously aren't in the same place as we were before our consciousness is moved into our bodies. So it has to be somewhere else and it's that place were the lower emotions do not exist. The potential for it to exist is there but it doesn't actually come into creation until we're split off into lower realms of consciousness.

I also completely agree with you on duality, but couldn't duality, negative and positive struggle, only apply to our 3rd dimensional realm? I mean it could certainly only exist in lower dimensions, realms, whatever you want to call them but that doesn't mean they have to be a part of realms higher than ours and we couldn't perceive of it currently due to limits of our consciousness of this level.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
Meaning that we are dealing with complete psychopath psychology and non-existent Dogma, that likes to cause human beings the madness of the Terrorist Unexplained Mysterious God , who demand worship, temples and a way of life.

God is Love.
Get over it.

To label me irrational and then make such statements is ironic. The first paragraph is unclear and rambling. Followed by "God is love. Get over it.", is not only arrogant and condescending but also unsupported by any logic, proof, meaning, etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
God is way more than just love.

If "love" is the only thing that you are going to focus on, it is clear that you are here for mental masturbation.

Look at all of you trying desperately to up the other on the "I believe this" and the "I believe that". Oh, but of course... we're dealing with SEMANTICS as someone pointed out.

NO, we're not dealing with semantics at all. We're dealing with everyone's fantasy world. And one's fantasy world is overlapping with another's and they aren't liking it because it's changing the world they've made for themself! But, as long as something lends a bit of credence to their fantasy world, that's okay.

Sure, everyone's got their own imagination. That's fine. As long as you don't attempt to claim that the whole of reality is based specifically upon your imagination.

Imagination is incredibly important... in fact, imagination is what God used to create everything! However, our... human aspect attempts to completely destroy the goodness of the imagination and bring us DOWN.

Put yourself at the center... really? Is that such a good idea? Everyone's trying to be God, aren't they!? YOU CANNOT HANDLE BEING IN THE CENTER.

The enlightenment you seek is FALSE. It's funny... Lucifer used to have to con people into coming to him. Now, people flock like dumb little birds.

Like moths to a flame...

Enjoy your fantasies.

P.S.- I can't wait until our A.I. machines start telling us that they ARE us.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I can't wait until our A.I. machines start telling us that they ARE us.

They already are.....

Cleverbot

Peace

[edit on 8/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The realization for me that God IS Love came after reading the Conversations with God triology by N D Walsh.

It was when I read these words sent from God.....

You know I Love you dont you

These books send us a wonderful message from God and that is LOVE is ALL.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
The creation CANNOT BE THE CREATOR.

The CREATOR IS WITHOUT CREATION, not WITHIN.

The Creation is in the LIKENESS of the Creator and His Surroundings, but IT IS NOT THE SAME.

Actually they are the same in that the creator is just the creative processes that flow through creation and cause it to constantly change. Humans definitely contribute to that, as do all other life forms and natural vibrational energy and revolving celestial bodies.

Could you also perhaps say that the creator is the creative process or simply GOD=ENERGY? Could you also say that everything in creation is light ( more or less of but not void of) and so GOD = Light? I'm wondering if you could also say that GOD is LOVE. Therefore ...

GOD = LOVE = ENERGY = LIGHT

and

ANTI GOD = Lack of love = lack of energy = lack of light

and for those of you who don't like the 'Hippy' peace love and unity take on that could you perhaps say that at least one part of LOVE is attraction?
And isn't it attraction that keeps the universe going *think molecular chemistry here* ?

Would that also explain why GOD always wins or so called evil is affraid of GOD? Because GOD = LOVE = ENERGY = LIGHT will always fill the void.

My logic being that if you have nothing and add something then inadvertedly that nothing becomes something?

[edit on 8/1/2010 by IAmD1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

So, basically, you're a deist. You think that God made the universe and just left it to operate on its own accord. Bah!! I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Love is everything it produces:compassion, understanding, knowledge, wisdom, art, science, etc.
Everything affects everything, thenceforth the loop of evolution is initiated, trough mutual interaction.
A truly advanced being understand these truths, because love is the spiritual and material vibration of the equilibrium.
It's how the Universe works.
Trough balance.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Sure, everyone's got their own imagination. That's fine. As long as you don't attempt to claim that the whole of reality is based specifically upon your imagination.

The measurement problem seems to suggest our minds project the world.

Keep in mind I'm not claiming that video as truth. The big bang wasn't fact.
The measurement problem is.. a problem and problems can be solved.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Some times we need to drop what we think we know before we can see a new way.

One of my favorite stories concerns a Buddhist scholar and a Zen Master. The scholar had an extensive background in Buddhist Studies and was an expert on the Nirvana Sutra. He came to study with the master and after making the customary bows, asked her to teach him Zen. Then, he began to talk about his extensive doctrinal background and rambled on and on about the many sutras he had studied.

The master listened patiently and then began to make tea. When it was ready, she poured the tea into the scholar's cup until it began to overflow and run all over the floor. The scholar saw what was happening and shouted, "Stop, stop! The cup is full; you can't get anymore in."

The master stopped pouring and said: "You are like this cup; you are full of ideas about Buddha's Way. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can't put anything in. Before I can teach you, you'll have to empty your cup."

This story is and old one, but it continues to be played out in our lives day-by-day. We are so enamored of our own ideas and opinions and so trapped by our conditioning that we fill ourselves up to the brim and nothing can get in.

The third ancestor in china, Seng Ts'an, said, "Do not search for the truth; only cease to cherish opinions." If we empty ourselves out, let go, and cease to hold on to our views, the truth will come to us.

We Westerners, who cherish our opinions, find this difficult, for we have been brought up to value the rational thought processes above all else; this attitude is deeply embedded in us, for it goes all the way back to Aristotle and forms the basis for much of our way of life, at least as it is taught in our secular public school system.

But Seng Ts'ans's way -- empty yourself of opinions and truth will come to you-- also finds voice in Western culture, not in the mainstream, but in the lives and writings of assorted sages and saints. The Seventeenth-century Catholic poet Angelus Silesius put it this way:

God, whose love and joy
are present everywhere,
Can't come and visit you
unless you aren't there.

www.prairiewindzen.org...

Many of us point blankly refuse to empty our cup as we listen to anothers truth. Wisdom is ours to share , I think we should all listen with empty cups to others, then after we have heard anothers truth and it turns out not to be ours we are free to walk away and fill our cup (self) again with our own held wisdom.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
We obviously aren't in the same place as we were before our consciousness is moved into our bodies. So it has to be somewhere else and it's that place were the lower emotions do not exist. The potential for it to exist is there but it doesn't actually come into creation until we're split off into lower realms of consciousness.

So you're saying the source of everything, is located somewhere else.

I can't say I can believe that, either. I would have to much sooner believe in the "unified field" that exists all around us, and envelops every physical time and place like a womb. Not only are all dualities of emotions denied (tied together and canceled out/re-absorbed/etc in the source) but even dualities and multiplicities of times and locations are all connected and can be expressed as one single entity (literally the "unified field" in quantum physics). Which means all physical places are just 1 physical "place" and all times are really just the expression of a single "time," undivided, holistic, etc.

I also completely agree with you on duality, but couldn't duality, negative and positive struggle, only apply to our 3rd dimensional realm? I mean it could certainly only exist in lower dimensions, realms, whatever you want to call them but that doesn't mean they have to be a part of realms higher than ours and we couldn't perceive of it currently due to limits of our consciousness of this level.

I have to include everything in the source of everything which I consider the highest consciousness and intelligence. And it is only the highest consciousness and intelligence because it incorporates everything, unites all opposites into a single substance (Alchemists called it "quintessence," the 5th symbolic essence of spirit that unites all 4 physical elements -- can also call it the "unified field" again), and is nothing but a pure energy from which EVERYTHING is created. You can't say there is any struggle there yet you can't really say there is any love, either. Really the bottom line is you can't say anything about it at all. Why not? Well I will try to explain.

Think about the nature of words. Words are written or sounded out, and are just symbols or metaphors for the ideas they represent. "Dog" is a word but is definitely not the thing it represents to us in concept, ie the particular furry form, usually with 4 legs, etc.

So then metaphors and symbols in turn demonstrate a similarity between two separate things, whether this is artificially learned (like a word, "dog," which doesn't appear to have any blaring similarities to the animal, yet they are LEARNED to be associated for language purposes) or naturally associated from experiential commonalities (like the way we can notice natural visual similarities between fire and the Sun).

The problem with referring to the "source of everything" is (1) there is absolutely no individual thing to which you can compare it, because EVERYTHING is a result of it, and therefore you have no complete symbols or metaphors to ever explain this source from within creation itself. It is no more like one thing than any other thing. It is equally like them all, and equally gives rise to and creates them all using the exact same energy. So you have to take everything equally as an expression of it. And the second problem (2), is that none of us have ever actually experienced and fully comprehended this energy as far as I can discern, so what we say about it is obviously limited by that. So I just say you can't really say anything at all about it, but that apparently doesn't stop me from trying anyway.

The "Tao te Ching" talks at great length about this primordial essence in much fewer words than it would take me. It's 81 short "chapters" that are only a few paragraphs each. I really love that text and if you have some time to sit back with some tea, read a few lines, and then delve deeply into your mind to contemplate what you've just read, I really recommend clicking the link to it in my signature.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I believe the same
How can it not make sense, i mean look at the tiny universe that is each cell of our body, and even smaller

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Could you also perhaps say that the creator is the creative process or simply GOD=ENERGY? Could you also say that everything in creation is light ( more or less of but not void of) and so GOD = Light? I'm wondering if you could also say that GOD is LOVE. Therefore ...

GOD = LOVE = ENERGY = LIGHT

and

ANTI GOD = Lack of love = lack of energy = lack of light

That's fine if that's how you want to define "God" in your case, but in your case I also don't believe you are talking about the true (ultimate, final) source of everything in creation.

"Good Stuff" Love etc ------> COMMON SOURCE

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I guess I've always felt that duality was only a part of this reality and after death we return to the source, becoming one with it again, implying there is no duality, no right or wrong, good or bad, negative or positive, there just IS.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I think our main problem here, is about our notion of "Time".
We ain't suppose to live like this, we're suppose to live in the now, since "GOD" is always same space-time Universal.
Time travel does not really violate the laws of physics.
Collectively, we are releasing ourselves from the mentality that "Time is Money,"
and establishing a new culture of peace founded on the principle that
"Time is Art!"
Everything we know about time is rooted in the clock and the clock isn’t a measure of time. All civilization is governed by this erroneous concept that time is something that’s measured by the clock.

But i'm still trying to figure out how does this truly works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join