It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some Help, Please!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
first off, im depressed, for no reason i dont know why, i just feel sad and lonely, i dont know where it came from, but it happens all the time, ive struggled with things in the past year, financial harships etc, losing family, walking out on religion, i just want to know, how can you get yourself to feel happy again when all you know is pain? can God make you happy? or does it require extensive treatment and therapy, i get so sad at the state of this world, how bad things are, when will it end, when can we all be happy again, when will life get back on track. if Anyone has any answers to any of these questions i would greatly appreciate it

thank

l neXusl
(kyle)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey there, there's no easy answer to this and its something that if you feel is getting you down to much then seek some help, maybe just talking out your emotions could help,

I try and think positive, everyday try and find something that makes you smile,
Get out as much as you can and meet people, don't sit at home and isolate yourself if you find that you begin doing that,

Life can be hard and sometimes news can really make us down but try not to focus on that all the time, Seek out things that are happy,

Please take care and know that we are here if you need to chat or vent,
Let me know how you are getting on and hopefully you will get some advice that helps you out,

Good luck, and remember life is a journey and we have to jump many hurdles to sometimes find the place that we are happy,

Take each moment as it comes, and each day as it passes,
It will get better you just got to hold on.

HUGS!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
first off, im depressed, for no reason i dont know why,

Well, there's always a reason to feel sad. Somethings bothering you.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Can you work or play? Can you breathe?
It could be worse....be thankful for what you can do everyday.
Little or big.

i just feel sad and lonely, i dont know where it came from, but it happens all the time, ive struggled with things in the past year, financial harships etc, losing family, walking out on religion, i just want to know, how can you get yourself to feel happy again when all you know is pain?

Everyone struggles, you are not alone, trust me.
How can I get myself to feel happy? All I know is pain.
Been through enough to write an encyclopedia.
I thank God I'm here everyday and able to use my hands, or be able to speak. Or even walk.

Alot of people take for granted the things we can do, where others can't.

Can God make you happy? or does it require extensive treatment and therapy, i get so sad at the state of this world, how bad things are, when will it end, when can we all be happy again, when will life get back on track. if Anyone has any answers to any of these questions i would greatly appreciate it

Believe me, alot of people get sad at the state of the world, I do too.
But I step back and look around at what I can control, and what's out of my hands, and just make it work. There's alot, I just can't control.

Alot of things going on are worrying alot of people, don't let anyone fool you.
People are scared.
But, we are a resilient breed of beings. We can survive alot!

Take a step back, a breath, and just do what you can do.
If it makes you happy to play video games, do it.
Whenever I think about what is going on, I just focus on what I can do.
Then I play on me geetar! (takes my mind off things!)

Keep yer head up!

(it could be worse...)

Edited to add if you need anything and I'm online, u2u me. No big deal.
Probably been through as much as you, so we got common problems.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by havok]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've suffered times of deep depression several time in my life, to the point of being hospitalized to get me stabilized. Depending on the severity it can be totally debilitating, not to mention life threatening.

You mentioned religion, and I'm not a very religious person. One thing I do get comfort from though is "The Book Of Job". My problems seem insignificant over what he went through and I can count my blessings.

Take care of yourself and try to get out as much as possible.

anx.......

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
thanks all, i appreciate it, even though i dont know any of you personally thank you,, its nice to know there are decent people in the world, i guess it might be the winter, it might just be the economy,

and im sorry all of you that i post stupid posts sometimes,all my threads are about religion and stuff, im just tring to find my way and every little bit of info you give helps

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Religion is one way but i wouldn't get too caught up in it.

All the answers you seek are already inside yourself.
You have much positivity and much love to give too... and many reasons to be happy.
It's very hard to see positivity when you're down... but it's there.. in the world and inside yourself.

The news doesn't show much of it so maybe take a break from TV and a break from ATS/Online in general if you're feeling down.

Exercise is one of the best things for getting out of a low period.. if you're able to, start exercising regularly.. 30mins-1hr a day.
Maybe eat healthy too because diet has a lot to do with it.

Hopefully it's just a down in the cycle of ups and downs... we all get them so take a little comfort from that.

Anyway, take it easy and hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon.

[edit on 7/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If your depression is continuous, deep, and prevents you from `normal stuff' (whatever that is), try to get some professional help. Does it run in your family?

There is no magic pill, regardless of what Big Pharma tells you, although they can actually help (if properly prescribed and if you really need them).

As for religion, if it gives you comfort, go with it.

I think serious hobbies and interests are really important. They can serve as wonderful distractions from those nasty evil feelings we'd prefer to ignore or for when the voices get too loud. [if you seriously hear voices, seek attention immediately]

Btw, I distinguish between depression The Mood and depression The Disorder. Everyone feels depressed on occasion. When it's sustained, it's a disorder.

There's another favorite called Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is when someone gets depressed when fall/winter comes around (I'm not sure about the other way). Might have something to do with less sunlight but I don't know. I'm told I get pretty miserable as it gets colder.

Pay attention and let us know how things work out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
it could be that, it seems particularly worse this winter, i had to move away from beautiful sunny california, to a depressing cold nebraska, so that might be it as well

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I have found that exercise works really good. First you are distracted/ not thinking about how things are going, and also physical exertion releases chemicals that support well being.

PS.

I just read that you have moved from a sunny place to a wintry place. Vitamin D supplements are very good form such situations. You can find them for a really good price at Puritan Pride. If you cannot purchase online for whatever reason, you can find them at any place that has vitamins. GNC, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, etc...

[edit on 1/7/2010 by eye open doors]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Bobby Mcferren sings don't worry, be happy. Then he whistles a bit, and sings, in your life there are some troubles, if you worry it makes it double, don't worry, be happy.
Its just a song...but sometimes, we need to remember life is what we make of it.
Peace man, try smiling...once in a while, whats on the outside can shape our inside.
But, if you need to, if you REAAAALY realy need to, have a couple bad days, then get back to livin!

DW

new topics

top topics

join