It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer recites Muslim prayer as he's put to death for murder of Toledo store owner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Killer recites Muslim prayer as he's put to death for murder of Toledo store owner

www.toledoblade.com

As he repeatedly recited a Muslim prayer in Arabic, Toledo native Vernon Lamont Smith took what appeared to be a deep yawn, fell unconscious, and became just the second person in the nation executed via a unique one-drug process

Smith, who converted to Islam and legally changed his name to Abdullah Sharif Kaazim Mahdi while on death row

The entire process lasted roughly 28 minutes

Ohio’s unique new lethal injection protocol involves a massive overdose of the powerful anesthetic thiopen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I made this thread for two reasons

"There’s no god but God, and Muhammed is his prophet. That’s what he’s saying," said Charlotte Darwish, the widow of Smith’s victim, as she watched the execution with her two daughters.

Mona, at the age of 16, became the youngest witness of an Ohio execution since the state resumed carrying out the death penalty in 1999

1) In Ohio someone of the age of 16 cannot consume alcohol but they can witness their father's execution?

What are your thoughts on this?

2) Do you think they would have this headline:
Killer recites Christian prayer as he's put to death for murder of Toledo store owner

www.toledoblade.com

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

1) In Ohio someone of the age of 16 cannot consume alcohol but they can witness their father's execution?

What are your thoughts on this?

Irritating thoughts and annoyed on stupidity of laws there.

Killer recites Christian prayer as he's put to death for murder of Toledo store owner
www.toledoblade.com

No, the news article wouldn't have. But atleast this way they will get more hits and generate more revenue. There's a proverb "dipping hands in flowing river" and the media source is fully utilising it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I clicked on this thread to make that exact point. There seems to be an all out campaign to make Americans hate Muslims.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When you read an headline like this you know the owners of the rag are conservative warmongers. I won't even use a paper like this to wrap fish. How dare the media try and encite hatred like that. They should be punished ..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

I clicked on this thread to make that exact point. There seems to be an all out campaign to make Americans hate Muslims.

Thats funny, because it seems Muslims have been on an all out campaign to make Muslims hate everyone that isn't Muslim. You know, us infidels?

They have a pretty large head start as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As far as a 16 year old watching someone die... She wouldn't even be permitted to see this in the theater according to the rating system (correct me if I'm wrong). This is like the joke I make about the drinking and guns laws in the U.S. You can't drink till you're 21, but you can get a gun at 18. Let's prevent kids from getting drunk, but let's let them shoot each other instead...

Back to the subject at hand. And about the prayer in the title situation, I have to say that this should be treated like a blatant racist statement. If the person who prints this KNOWS that there is a preponderance of chance that someone will look at this and say "damn Muslims" when there is no reason to, then it's racism hidden behind your 1st amendment.

I wouldn't dare talk about a Jew like that... I might be seen as an anti-Semite, holocaust denying, Jew hating, Igloo dweller....

Enough for now... I'm getting angry...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well lets see...

Mr. Darwish's widow, Charlotte, and their two daughters, Dolly and Mona, are expected to witness the execution. Dolly, now 17, was just shy of her first birthday when her father was killed. At age 16, Mona, born three months after her father died, would be the youngest person to witness an Ohio execution since at least 1999.

Just a point - the 16year old is not the daughter of the guy Ohio just executed. She is the daughter of his vicitm. He killed her dad.

In any event,

#1 - Yes, it is pretty messed up that she could watch a man die but not drink, etc.

#2 - My guess would be to sell more newspapers would be the main reason they put that in there. The guy has a right to pray to Jesus, Alllah, Bhudda, a toaster, whatever he wants..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness

Originally posted by harvib

Thats funny, because it seems Muslims have been on an all out campaign to make Muslims hate everyone that isn't Muslim. You know, us infidels?

They have a pretty large head start as well.

I think you are mistaking the fanatics that are always in the news for the average Muslim. There is no campaign like the one you speak of.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Just a point - the 16year old is not the daughter of the guy Ohio just executed. She is the daughter of his vicitm. He killed her dad.

Oh, thanks for the correction
but.... ummmm

Isn't that worse?

She might grow up being quite the vindictive person!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes, I do. Why wouldn't they if that was what he was saying? I think that people saying that there is a campaign to make Americans hate Muslims are making a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I think you are mistaking the fanatics that are always in the news for the average Muslim. There is no campaign like the one you speak of.

Respectfully, you need to become more familiar with Islam and it's intolerance of those who do not believe along with it's generally violent message.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

There is no campaign like the one I speak of? Are you kidding me? Have you ever read the Koran? Do you know what the angel Gabriel told Mohammad? Do you realize what things are placed in their holy books? Do you realize that the Koran is touted an a 100% perfect incitation of god's will, and that it be followed 100% to the letter? If you realize these things, and what history has shown us, then you obviously stand mistaken.

If this is not the "true face" of Muslims, then why haven't the "Moderate Muslims" taken back control of their religion? How can just these "few fanatics" been the ones responsible for leading the religion where it is today?

This is already off topic enough, and I will not continue to debate this fact here. Muslims want sharia law all around the world, and they will do anything to get it there. Just ask our friends in France and England what their thoughts are on sharia law taking over.

Open your eyes and see the world as it really is.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Respectfully, you need to become more familiar with Islam and it's intolerance of those who do not believe along with it's generally violent message.

My friend
Actions speak louder than words

Actions like.... you know MURDER!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4835fc4ccd54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My friend Actions speak louder than words Actions like.... you know MURDER!

And the action of defacing a US flag while in a US uniform is also pathetic.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Frogs

Oh, thanks for the correction
but.... ummmm

Isn't that worse?

She might grow up being quite the vindictive person!

Its a good point - and to be honest I really couldn't say with 100% certainty.

I'm sure she had a choice to view or not - and decided to. That could make her vindictive even before hand. She could have just felt she needed to see for closure on the whole matter. On the other hand having seen it she could think - "Wow - I'd never want anyone to go through that."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
When you read an headline like this you know the owners of the rag are conservative warmongers. I won't even use a paper like this to wrap fish. How dare the media try and encite hatred like that. They should be punished ..

Comeon its not really a hard thing to do.. i mean they bring it on themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good riddance pretty much nuff said.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It’s clearly a sensationalized headline designed to overtly and subliminally impart some powerful and wrong messages.

Muslims are murderers.

Muslims should be executed.

Muslims practice a different religion and have different prayers.

Muslims are bad.

Muslims are bad.

Muslims are bad.

You all must write this 1,000 times after school today before you can go home. If I catch anyone in class having an open mind there will be detention and a demerit. If I catch anyone in class being nice to Muslims you will be expelled from school. Now the nice Christian God Fearing Man from the ROTC is here and would like to have a few words with you children.

After that we can watch Barney and have some milk and cookies and take our naps.

You children are the best Kindergarten Class I have ever had. American Flag stickers for everyone’s forehead, come and get them!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"Do you realize that the Koran is touted an a 100% perfect incitation of god's will, and that it be followed 100% to the letter?"

Is that not the intention of all holy books, which pretty much makes them all full of it?

The media headline deceives one into thinking this guy's Muslim Prayers were the most important part of the story...especially if one does not take the time to read the article. This is what happens when you have a disreputable media which is controlled by biased, racist and agenda driven individuals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join