It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru, a Star or the Mysterious Planet "X"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I still am not sure what to believe. However, what I do know is that the time is going to come to find out. I was digging around ATS for information for my science report and stumbled across a video/website one of the ATS members posted.

Before I give you the link, I want all of you readers to comment what you think/know and what you believe about Nibiru. Is it Plant "X" like the like from Bugs Bunny, Melvin The Martian, was zipping through space and landed on.

OR

A star? You be the judge

Nibiru

[edit on 7-1-2010 by noobsauce13]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
I still am not sure what to believe. However, what I do know is that the time is going to come to find out. I was digging around ATS for information for my science report and stumbled across a video/website one of the ATS members posted.

Before I give you the link, I want all of you readers to comment what you think/know and what you believe about Nibiru. Is it Plant "X" like the like from Bugs Bunny, Melvin The Martian, was zipping through space and landed on.

OR

A star? You be the judge

Nibiru

Never knew thats what Melvin the martian was riding on LOL @ THAT 1 NOW WONDER ALL THE CARTOONS HAD 4 FINGERS SMH......It may be exit for some and end for others, STILL ASSESING IT

[edit on 1/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That video could literally be anything, And it looks generated at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's the old sun that will bring in the new astrological signs 13 and 14.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by noobsauce13

OR

A star? You be the judge

Nibiru

Never knew thats what Melvin the martian was riding on LOL @ THAT 1 NOW WONDER ALL THE CARTOONS HAD 4 FINGERS SMH......It may be exit for some and end for others, STILL ASSESING IT

[edit on 1/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

I mean that Marvin the Martian was riding his spaceship, zipping through space and the landing on Planet "X". Which is supposedly Nibiru.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If it is visible from a telescope in the the South Pole, then it's visible from almost any other large telescope in the Southern Hemisphere.

I realize you didn't say that this is only visible from the South Pole, but others who have shown this same video have suggested that in other threads. However, There is no such thing as a celestial object that's only visible from the South Pole.

Take the North Star (Polaris) for example. It is located directly above the North Pole, but it can be seen by the whole Northern Hemisphere and even some of the Southern Hemisphere.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Like SGIP said, there is no such thing as a celestial object that can only be viewed from a particular area like the South Pole.

Think about it, even if it was hovering just outside the atmosphere, it would still be visible from something like half a continent away, and Nibiru is supposedly much further away from what I gather!

As for "Planet-X" that mystery was solved long ago by Voyager 2:

For decades, beginning in the late 19th century, it was widely thought that an unseen planet (dubbed "Planet X") was influencing the orbits of Uranus and Neptune, by perturbing them, since their observed and their positions predicted by calculations differed somewhat. This notion might have brought about the 1930 discovery of Pluto, but the actual discovery of Pluto by Clyde Tombaugh in 1930 was an accidental one that occurred while a few astronomers were scanning areas of the sky for "Planet X".

The notion of a "Planet X" has persisted, because over the decades since 1930, it became increasingly clear that Pluto could not possibly have the mass to account for the observational discrepancies. When Voyager 2 flew-by Neptune, it became possible to much more precisely measure Neptune's mass. Neptune was evaluated at about 0.5 percent less massive than was previously believed, which is a difference comparable to the complete mass of Mars. When the orbits of Uranus and Neptune orbits were recalculated using the more accurate mass figure, it was found that that the erroneous mass number for Neptune - and not the gravity of an unseen planet - caused the orbital discrepancies that had long caused concern by planetary astronomers.[8]

Source: wikipedia

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by noobsauce13

The video, made by an ATS member -- NibiruShock2012 -- was by his own admission, a fraud. He even went to the point of changing features on the youtube account to prove that he was one and the same as the person posting this video.

You will occasionally come across various photos that depict "Nibiru" as a smaller second sun -- almost always taken at sunset, when lensflaring or other optical effects are enhanced by the more lineal direction of the sun. Feel free to U2U me if you come across one that is particularly impressive...... chances are, I have photos of the sunset taken on that or a close date.

One of my hobbies is taking photos of the green flash -- an atmospheric optical phenomenon that occurs around/before and oftentimes immediately afer a sunset.

If it was a real, visible object in anywhere, the world, in relation to a sunset, it was also visible here.

I confess, Nibiru/Planet X is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't believe in it, but I can't help tracking it's progress.

I really like the way you posed the question in your OP, rather than stating it as a FACT or otherwise sensationalizing it.

well done

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The person that claimed to have originally posted that admitted it was fake and apologized here on an ATS thread if I remember correctly. Keep in mind that the Nibiru theory, or I should say Zecharia Sitchin's theory, is of a 'planet' with several moons that orbits our Sun as, what Sitchin calls, the 12th planet. Planet 'X' represents the unknown planets beyond Pluto that were being discovered not long ago so these two things are very different and should not be mistaken as the same.

Then we get into the theory about our Sun being in a binary stellar orbit with a dark star or brown dwarf. This again is a different theory from the first two in so many ways, these theories have no connection with each other. Personally I see this as a red flag when the names are grouped together indiscriminately like that. Even if that was a dark star or brown dwarf in that image it wouldn't be generating enough light to be that luminous optically and there certainly would not be enough light to reflect off the orbiting plants or moons to illuminate them as seen in the image.

The nature of a dark star is that it's dark, and brown dwarfs are not far behind as they also don't emit very much light if any at all.
I also remember reading some information that was presented with these pictures and they were poorly written which further raised suspicion.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Some people will believe anything.

What they dont realize is those nibiru photos can be made in photoshop in approx. 3 seconds per capture.

no doubt this guy is a fraud.

nibiru is a joke.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Personally I think that the Nibiru theory is very interesting, I enjoyed reading Sitchin's books. I also find the binary stellar orbit theory about precession of the equinoxes very interesting as well and both of these are in depth, intriguing and well thought out.

I think that it is a joke how these are used to sell doomsday prophecies in such a way. In my opinion this is selling these ideas short and is a real shame. I believe that anyone who has taken the time to read about these ideas would agree.

new topics

top topics

join