It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Obs Over Bedfordshire UK N.Y.E

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi guys & girls thought id post up a couple of picture my brother took over clophill at a nye party, there was some talk of them being spotted all over on nye aswell

i have personally seen one just one on its own 15yrs back, it just hung in the sky in the same spot for just under 1hour and i can tell you it was not a chinese lantern

the story goes...

i get a phone call nye and its from my brother just after midnight nye, i expected a happy new year bro but instend got a rather panicy distrest your not going to beleave wot we all just seen, so i said wot? there was around 10 poeple at the party "im not 100% sure on that" and all of them was standing in the garden letting off fireworks at the time,

one red orb like object just blinked on and hung in the night sky while a second slowly moved in from the north, by this time he said poeple began to notise and watched as it was abit odd,
the 3rd object come in from the west and all three begain to form a triangle shaped formation thay stayed in formation before dispersing in diffrent directions.

i asked him right away did you get any video of it and he said no we was all in auw of it and abit stunned so i said keep a look out and get a picture if it comes back and it did breifly and he got these pictures

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I seen the same but there were 5 or 6. My mother called be she was smoking outside and told us to look. We all went out and seen the same thing. I have a spotting sky scope and i simply cant explain what i saw, well i can but im not.
What i will say though is that they werent lanterns, helicopters, planes or anything else. Think of a fish out of water then you may have a clue

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Here's the EXIF info from the images:

Make = SAMSUNG
Model = SGH-G600
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Date Time = 2010-01-02 20:04:00
YCbCr Positioning = centered
829A = 65/1000
829D = 28/10
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 427
9000 = 30, 32, 31, 30
9101 = 01, 02, 03, 00
9201 = 65/1000
9202 = 28/10
9209 = 0
920A = 58/10
A000 = 30, 31, 30, 30
A001 = 1
A002 = 800
A003 = 600
A402 = 0
A403 = 0
A404 = 20/20
A406 = 0

Camera
011A = 72/1
011B = 72/1
Exif Version = Version 2.1
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 800
Exif Image Height = 600
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 557

Interoperability
Interoperability Index = None
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

Thumbnail Info
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch

Make = SAMSUNG
Model = SGH-G600
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Date Time = 2010-01-02 20:04:00
YCbCr Positioning = centered
829A = 27/1000
829D = 28/10
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 427
9000 = 30, 32, 31, 30
9101 = 01, 02, 03, 00
9201 = 27/1000
9202 = 28/10
9209 = 0
920A = 58/10
A000 = 30, 31, 30, 30
A001 = 1
A002 = 800
A003 = 600
A402 = 0
A403 = 0
A404 = 20/20
A406 = 0

Camera
011A = 72/1
011B = 72/1
Exif Version = Version 2.1
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 800
Exif Image Height = 600
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 557

Interoperability
Interoperability Index = None
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

Thumbnail Info
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch

Was the date set wrong on the camera, or does the software used to get them off the camera change the date? Because the date in the image files is 2010-01-02 (UK format date - assuming it's not from the future
)

But aside from that it's a point source of light taken with a shutter speed slower than 1/50th of a second. I'm 100% confident of that

If he/she/they ever see anything like that again tell them to increase the size of the images to the camera's maximum 5 megapixels, and brace themselves against a wall. It won't eliminate shake trails, but it will reduce them.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

whats this? youve totally lost me

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yep, saw them at 12.20 in NYE too. Never had chance to grab the movie cam as they were zooming too fast, flying in from the east when the wind (virtually non existant) was blowing from the west. The orb btw, I can only get pic 2 to appear.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
On N.Y.E. I saw alot of Chinese lanterns that were released not far from where our family party was being held.
Though I do like to believe ufo's do exist alot of what I have seen of these orange orbs are believe are nothing more than Chinese lanterns.

Wait till the Chinese new year and lets if there is another group of sightings of orange orbs.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78

whats this? youve totally lost me

Most modern digital photographs have something called EXIF information added, that contains things like what time the image was taken, which camera device was used, and the settings. Some manufacturers use non-standard information also, and computer programs can alter that information (see here for the Wikipedia page).

So what I did was to extract the information from the image files that OP posted on zShare, and see what information I could retrieve that was relevant to the claims. (side note: I expect there is a bit more information than I can read because some of the stuff looks like it's Samsung proprietary).

The date in the image wasn't New Year's Eve. However, that could be because their phone had an incorrect date, or a program changed the date some time after the photo was taken, or his friend took the picture later.

Getting a specific time/date for when the picture was taken is important because other people may have seen it at the same time etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

we seen them between 10.30-11.00pm new years eve. when my mother called. It wasnt fireworks either b4 anyone says. Im not the type that would say a balloon or whatever is a ufo, im a believer in ET existence but only credible pics, videos and sources or more importantly with my own eyes. Like i say there was 5-6 of them.

These were definatly "NOT" lanterns,planes,helicopters or fire works. They were really high i at first thought they were stars. They werent. I had the scope. I cant say they were ufo`s as in ET because one of them looked like one of those dodgy jellyfish that glow but without the tentacles. You may laugh and rip the piss but hey i know what i saw as did my wife and sister in law....oh and my mother at her house 7 miles away with my sister. SO apparently we all saw lanterns?????MY ar*e i know what i saw.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Yep, saw them at 12.20 in NYE too. Never had chance to grab the movie cam as they were zooming too fast, flying in from the east when the wind (virtually non existant) was blowing from the west. The orb btw, I can only get pic 2 to appear.

At what sort of altitude do you feel these orbs were at ???

Bearing in mind that there may be no wind existent at ground level, it does not mean that the wind 100 ft up is not blowing at all.

Ever see some clouds that seem to take over other clouds.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

right cheers

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

About 100 feet up I'd say, but moving like as fast as a copter, all over in ten seconds, a pair too. Thing is they were travelling from the east very fast against the westerly wind which was virtually non existant. They were fast and did not look like lanterns at all

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You may laugh and rip the piss but hey i know what i saw

I believe you saw some real ufo orbs mate. Loads of folk came on here that night reporting them at like 12.20 all round the UK. Something happened that night and they came alive. Like the description of the jellyfish btw, that's a bang on description

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

About 100 feet up I'd say, but moving like as fast as a copter, all over in ten seconds, a pair too. Thing is they were travelling from the east very fast against the westerly wind which was virtually non existant. They were fast and did not look like lanterns at all

Well technically, if they were flying and that you could not identify them, then they were UFO's.
Again I do believe in UFO's but they do sound like lanterns to me, but then again as I never saw them I can only speculate.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

know where you're coming from there. They could be lanterns. Having seen both lanterns and real life amber/orange type ufo orbs then I'm leaning towards the latter, but not totally convinced

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You may laugh and rip the piss but hey i know what i saw

I believe you saw some real ufo orbs mate. Loads of folk came on here that night reporting them at like 12.20 all round the UK. Something happened that night and they came alive. Like the description of the jellyfish btw, that's a bang on description

I was serious when i said jellyfish without the tentacles, i didnt want to say that but thats all i could describe one of them as. I`ll try to find a pic off the net of a jellyfish im talkin about. Balls i cant explain what i mean. The colour and the way they are was what i saw but way up, i had to look 3-4 times. I sh*t you not my friend.
Oh and these were moving slowly notall the same direction. independantly. They just seemed to disolve and that was that. It lasted around 10 mins,

[edit on 7-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

You mean like it had veins running through a like translucent body that rotated like a gyroscope and had a pulsating almost heartbeat at its centre?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

No......

the colour looked red yeah? until i got the scope then it was yellow then gold then orange then blue the way the colours changed was like those dodgy jellyfish i was on about.
Like i said befor i dont know what it was but i know what it wasnt. Unless jellyfish have came up with the technology to fly that is

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by enca78

You mean like it had veins running through a like translucent body that rotated like a gyroscope and had a pulsating almost heartbeat at its centre?

no veins but i agree with the rest then add along with what i just said before. Then thats about what i saw. But to my wife and sisterinlaw they looked red

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Lol, no............ good one dood, a real funny one! Yeah I get it now, it was sort of like flitting from one colour to another. Yes it is seen to do that, really odd or what but a very beautiful experience.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I saw one this evening.

Just before 7PM this evening, i was helping to bath the kids. After dressing our youngest, she asked if "Mr Moon" was out. I said "No, he's tired" but she got upset, so i knocked the light out and took my daughter to the window to show the the moon wasn't there.
Immediately i noticed an orange light (similar to what Mars looks like in the night sky) and i put my daughter down and grabbed my binoculars. I knew it was out of place in the sky, being a former astronomy buff.

The light was not flickering, was due South from me, quite a long way off and moving slowly West. As it moved, it got very slowly dimmer, as it was moving into what was either a bank of cloud or snowfall. Eventually i couldn't see it anymore.

Through the binoculars it looked just like a star does... a point of light. There was no flickering, no other lights to indicate an aircraft. Sound, i couldn't speak to it, as the windows were shut and it would be too far anyway by my reckoning.

I've seen satellites hundreds of times, aswell as aircraft, natural phenonema, flares etc. This is only the second time i have ever seen something which was definitely in my opinion "one of those events".

After seeing so many threads on various forums lately about orange orbs, i feel so happy to have seen one myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join