It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley High Poised to Eliminate Science Classes Because They’re Too “White”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
no i said if you choose to put people in groups defined by color THEN you are a racist, its your choice.so don`t play the victim

I'm to busy to answer this very repetitive discussion properly now but will be back in a few hours and leave you with this question if my grandfather steels from you and squanders it should i have to pay the bill?

edit to say its 3-4 hours later and no ones even reading this any more so i`m out

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

That's all well and good, but isn't it normal practice to source students from the local Berkeley high school after they graduate?

Not much good having a prime science orientated university, when the majority of your local intake have never taken a science class is it!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

That's not really the point is it?

They have stated that the reason for the lab closure is one of racial underachievement, not lack of general use.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all.

I live in Canada on the Atlantic coast, about 12(ish) years ago my province was in the final stages of eliminating exams for students grades 7-12.

Why?

Not fair to dumb kids.

It was reasoned that failing an exam caused an unacceptable blow to a child's ego, a scar that would cripple thier development impacting them for life.

The plan was dropped when the nation's universities replied saying that students from this province would not be admitted to any program as there was no correlation between the student's abilities and the grades on thier report card.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

It reminds me of a story run in a local paper in Charlottesville, VA back around the beginning of '09. Sorry I can't find it online and the details are a little blurry, but the jest of it was a company gave an exam to employees with only those who pass being eligible for promotion. Only white people passed the exam so the company gave no one a promotion.

I remember that, it was a fire department I believe.

The MSM was going apesh*t trying to find some way to sell it as acceptable. What they settled on was testing wasn't fair as minorities tended to score low on tests; the standard needed to be changed to something better suited for all people.

There was even talk about how Obama being elected president would help draw attention to this type of inequality (on behalf of the minorities). Typically, something else came along and people were distracted.

This whole thing reminds me of a 'New Twilight Zone' episode 20ish years ago. The whole show was about a family worried about thier son and his upcoming government IQ test.

At the end, the parents received word that the boy had been executed; his score was too high.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

In other words, funds are tight, we can't cut the football team, and we think our students' parents are liberal idiots.

Same story, new excuse. Cut real schooling, leave the sports, come up with stupid excuse for cutting education.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

There is some truth to what you're saying.

But there is also this, those football games are used as revenue generators for the local school districts, and are an important social tool, though that may not be obvious, nor the prime reason for them...

But in the main I agree with you. (shocking, huh?)... Budget cuts should occur last in the class room, with science and mathematics being dead last, with history studies right there with those two... Sports should be amongst the first to go, if anything does... Revenue stream not withstanding...

Not only shouldn't class' be cut, but standards raised. But that is, by all the evidence, a minority opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nphillydude

umm.... *presses the friend button*

Nice chief...nice

Some folks today don't understand time flow. What happened yesterday affects todays which determines what can happen tomorrow.

This argument reminds me of that episode of family guy when Stewie said that there wasn't this much tension since the slaves where freed then they cut to a scene of a white guy taking the shackles off a black american slave and asking "We're cool right?"

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
reply to post by Polynomial C

Your joking right? The goal of making everyone of equal economic and social standing has always been associated with the left. It's one of the most basic core differences between left and right political ideologies.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Jacob08]

yeah, and that typically means equally poor.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have a suggestion. Maqybe the white students are doing better because, geee I dont know, they learn better priorities from their parents than latino an black students.

White priorities:

1. Education
2. Athletics

Black & Latino priorities:

1. Athletics
2. Education

I think I see where the problem is......

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nphillydude

Since you are placing people in classes based on the color of their skin, you have classifed yourSELF as a racist. I concur with your adversary.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a planted story.

this is not real.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a planted story, this is not real.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join