It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley High Poised to Eliminate Science Classes Because They’re Too “White”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is anyone else old enough to remember when Berkley was a good school? When it actually meant something to say "I have been accepted to attend Berkley?" or " I attend Berkley"?

So now Science is too "white". Really?? I just cannot even form a single sentence that does not consist of "uuuuuuhhhhhhh GET OUT! lol"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

You are confusing the high school with the university. The high school is eliminating science. The University prizes its science faculty because its science faculty, and the technology it creates, is a cash cow for the university.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Okay now that the "are you friggin kidding me!" has finally left my head..

As a parent this totally pisses me off big time! I feel this is a giant slap in the face for any parent or student who is doing their best to learn and do their best in school. WTH type of message is this supposed to send out?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by heyo

Actually, if you look at how the statistics are kept for academics Asians of the Chinese type are often grouped with caucasians. Asian is the new "white."

A couple of weeks ago I did a little stint researching race performance and such from nonPC sources and all of them put Asians as the highest scholastic achievers regardless of socioeconomic factors.
i.e. poor asians outperform poor .....well, everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

This might change, unfortunately. Second and third generation Asian Americans are just as fat, drunk, and stupid as any other American.

I find it interesting you do not see every other Asian kid running around claiming they cannot do well in school because they have ADD. Is this due to a lack of ADD genes in the Asian population? Or is this due to the presence of something called DISCIPLINE?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I wonder if Berkeley thinks George Washington Carver is too white?

en.wikipedia.org...

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
This is where this country has been heading for the last 40 years. Education use to be the jewel in the crown of this country. Now they are seeking to eliminate any type of excellerated/higher learning.
This is the problem with liberal political correctness. They seek to make every one equally unqualified,instead of allowing the "cream to rise to the top" It's not a race issue,it's just a neat way to sell the dumbing down of the populace to the people.

I mourn for the country that once was. Where merit was regarded and cherished.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, Since when was education ever the "jewel in the crown"? lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The white man signifies his continued oppression of the black man by containing great Carver's work in a factory baked white bread cell.

I wish we had a black power fist smiley.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by heyo

Actually, if you look at how the statistics are kept for academics Asians of the Chinese type are often grouped with caucasians. Asian is the new "white."

A couple of weeks ago I did a little stint researching race performance and such from nonPC sources and all of them put Asians as the highest scholastic achievers regardless of socioeconomic factors.
i.e. poor asians outperform poor .....well, everyone.

Good for them!!! I applaud the Asians for being able to acheive!! I applaud anyone who pushes the envelope. The ability for a whole class full of students to learn should not be limited by the slowest learners. That should be the rule in education.If you can't keep up then you should be sent to special classes that allow you to learn at a slower pace.
Why impede potential astronauts or doctors,so a potential ditch digger can be "socially promoted"??

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
From the point of view of most Americans, isn't this just the free market in action? Regardless of race, if one population decides they don't need science or math or whatever, and they would rather pump gas or work at McDonald's for the rest of their lives, why not?

The parents of children whom aren't incompetent nor want stupid children, will send them to different schools, which will concentrate the achievers and produce an environment geared towards achieving.

I'm not saying this is the right move, but isn't that the American way? Why not let them fail if they're so determined?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

The problem with our "free market" society is that we are capitalists when it comes to gains and communists when it comes to losses. Nobody is allowed to fail in our society, whether it be big banks that made bonehead investments or high school dropouts.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I wonder what would happen if a school district decided that Basketball was being removed for being too black?

Would that be racist? Could you imagine the media attention it would get?

This just proves how racist these whackjobs really are.

That is awesome, but that school's administration would be out faster that you can say basketball, for being racist pigs. That is just how this country works though, if you have any place where whites are out performing minorities you can be sure that the whites will be held back at all costs to appease the Gods of political correctness.

It reminds me of a story run in a local paper in Charlottesville, VA back around the beginning of '09. Sorry I can't find it online and the details are a little blurry, but the jest of it was a company gave an exam to employees with only those who pass being eligible for promotion. Only white people passed the exam so the company gave no one a promotion.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by notsympl

It's not liberal mate, it's left wing nutcases.

These imbeciles deserve a place in the 'stupid people' thread doing the rounds on here!

I am A Very Liberal Person .. and i think this is BS .. whoever made that decision is Stupid ..

i don't understand why you Right-wings have to blame The Liberals for it ??

You my friend deserve a place in the "stupid people" thread for making such ignorant remarks ..

I believe he's saying leftwing nutcase, not liberal. Looks like you two are on the same page.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by heyo

This might change, unfortunately. Second and third generation Asian Americans are just as fat, drunk, and stupid as any other American.

I find it interesting you do not see every other Asian kid running around claiming they cannot do well in school because they have ADD. Is this due to a lack of ADD genes in the Asian population? Or is this due to the presence of something called DISCIPLINE?

Exactly, discipline and a set of proven values to base a society on. This is something that has been eroding our society for a couple of decades. Having it so well caused us to look at "little" problems, however, the "fixes" to those little problems are reducing the abillity of our society to grow and remain prosperous.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar

Originally posted by Polynomial C

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by notsympl

It's not liberal mate, it's left wing nutcases.

These imbeciles deserve a place in the 'stupid people' thread doing the rounds on here!

I am A Very Liberal Person .. and i think this is BS .. whoever made that decision is Stupid ..

i don't understand why you Right-wings have to blame The Liberals for it ??

You my friend deserve a place in the "stupid people" thread for making such ignorant remarks ..

I believe he's saying leftwing nutcase, not liberal. Looks like you two are on the same page.

Well .. let me re-phrase it... I am A Very Far-left / Liberal Person .. and i think this is BS .. whoever made that decision is Stupid ..

i don't understand why you Right-wings have to blame The Left for it ??

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq

Originally posted by Anjin
I wonder what would happen if a school district decided that Basketball was being removed for being too black?

Would that be racist? Could you imagine the media attention it would get?

This just proves how racist these whackjobs really are.

That is awesome, but that school's administration would be out faster that you can say basketball, for being racist pigs. That is just how this country works though, if you have any place where whites are out performing minorities you can be sure that the whites will be held back at all costs to appease the Gods of political correctness.

It reminds me of a story run in a local paper in Charlottesville, VA back around the beginning of '09. Sorry I can't find it online and the details are a little blurry, but the jest of it was a company gave an exam to employees with only those who pass being eligible for promotion. Only white people passed the exam so the company gave no one a promotion.

I think that was a firefighter's exam or something and the decision was appealed and the ruling was actually in favour of the white's who passed. The judge found that the ruling by the previous person, who just happens to be the new supreme court lady who obama hired (forget her name), was based totally on race.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

It's liberal policies/lobbyists that have allowed this type of thing to happen. It is getting more and more apparent in society that all those who succeed deserve only failure so that no one will have to take a good, hard look at themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I don't know understand your logic .. the Left never proposed anything like this ..

This is the case of some Idiot making stupid decisions .. i don't see how can you blame Left policies for the actions of some stupid people ..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

I'm not saying this is the right move, but isn't that the American way? Why not let them fail if they're so determined?

Because they are not attempting to let the ones who don't care fail.

They are attempting to hobble the ones who want to do well.

If your kid can't run as fast as the other kids, then just take a hammer to the other kids kneecaps.

Great way to think. Make things fair by crippling everyones education.

I'm getting a headache.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join