It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley High Poised to Eliminate Science Classes Because They’re Too “White”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I couldn't make this one up if I wanted to. In Berkeley's latest move to proove thay are the lefty-looniest place on the face of the planet, they are planning to dump science labs because they are "too white".

The New American

There are some things you just can’t make up — and many of them seem to originate in Berkeley, California. Berkeley really is stranger than fiction, and the latest example is, unbelievably, a proposal to eliminate science classes at the city’s high school because, get the Digitalis, they’re too white.

Thomas Lifson at AmericanThinker.com treats the issue, writing:

The racial madness that has left-wing America in its thrall finds its apogee in the Berkeley, California public schools. Berkeley High School is now poised to eliminate science laboratory classes because "science labs were largely classes for white students." Eric Klein writes in the East Bay Express: "The proposal to put the science-lab cuts on the table was approved recently by Berkeley High's School Governance Council, a body of teachers, parents, and students who oversee a plan to change the structure of the high school to address Berkeley's dismal racial achievement gap, where white students are doing far better than the state average while black and Latino students are doing worse."

Eric Klein continues, “Paul Gibson, an alternate parent representative on the School Governance Council, said ... the decision to consider cutting the labs in order to redirect resources to underperforming students was virtually unanimous.”

Virtually unanimous ... now we know why some call it Berserkeley. Unfortunately, though, this is no joke.

Ok, this one has just left me....

Speachless.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is where this country has been heading for the last 40 years. Education use to be the jewel in the crown of this country. Now they are seeking to eliminate any type of excellerated/higher learning.
This is the problem with liberal political correctness. They seek to make every one equally unqualified,instead of allowing the "cream to rise to the top" It's not a race issue,it's just a neat way to sell the dumbing down of the populace to the people.

I mourn for the country that once was. Where merit was regarded and cherished.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's....insane.

How about just not sending anyone to school, because not all kids are good at it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hahahah

*sigh*

^^^ completely relevant

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They're so PC that they are coming off as humorously racist. The minorities are underpreforming, whiteys are doing too well, right, so we'll dumb down the white kids, brilliant. Why not find out why there is actually a racial disparity in scholastic acheivement in that area, may have something to do with the teachers, or parents, or poverty. I wonder if they cut any sporting activities?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by dashen]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45
ack of aware
I wish this was a bogus comment. But considering the level of science awareness of the American people, Im not suprised ...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
this is more liberal bull where the strong are slaughtered and the weak are preserved for their gulibilty

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What's next?
Getting rid of math cause it's too Asian?
The problem with insanely PC people like this is the heir of invincibility they seem to have. They are themselves, so racist, that they believe that white people will succeed no matter how many times they are punished for their success.
They believe they are the caretakers of other races, always there to give, no matter what affect it has.
PC has destroyed everything from family to economic values. I wonder when the culmination of all these actions is going to hit them.

And wtf does "too white" mean, anyways?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

But that is so..thick!

Also, really patronising to non white students, don't you think?

Implies that whites are clever enough to take a science class, whereas blacks are not?

I'd be mad as hell if i were a black student there.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

It's not liberal mate, it's left wing nutcases.

These imbeciles deserve a place in the 'stupid people' thread doing the rounds on here!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if a school district decided that Basketball was being removed for being too black?

Would that be racist? Could you imagine the media attention it would get?

This just proves how racist these whackjobs really are.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If we didn't have a socialized public education system I'd say let them. With a more logical education system those schools which didn't perform would fail. Plain and simple. But we don't shut schools down for lack of performance in this country.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Now class,i want you to open your drool proof Dick and Jane graphic novels to the page number Pepsi.Now class read after me"See..Dick..Rebok,Rebok..Dick.. Rebok".

Anyone seen "Idiocracy".by Mike Judd?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Actually, if you look at how the statistics are kept for academics Asians of the Chinese type are often grouped with caucasians. Asian is the new "white."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What is especially sad is that Berkeley high is just down the road from one of the World's premier research universities.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
Anyone seen "Idiocracy".by Mike Judd?

YES!!! That movie is so funny....mainly because it is a reflection of what America will look like in 500 years.

Some of my favorite quotes:

The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley girl, inner city slang, and various grunts.

[the woman kicks the computer, and it sprays a fast-acting tranquilizer in her face] This should help you calm down. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase. Your kids are starving. Carl's Jr. believes no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr. Carl's Jr... "# You, I'm Eating."

President Comacho: I got a three point plan to fix everything. Number one: we got this guy Not Sure. Number two: he's got a higher IQ than any man alive. And number three: he's going to fix everything.

Have a star for making me laugh.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The parents of these white kids who will no longer have access to science classes will find schools that offer these classes and find ways to move their kids to these schools.

It doesn't matter how liberal you are, when you child's future college education may be at stake, you will try to help your child.

Of course this will result in fewer high preforming students in Berkley public schools. School test scores will decline. The administration will of course be confused by the declining test scores and come up with a five year plan to correct them. But, the correction plan will once again try to narrow the achievement gap and alienate even more high achievers.......One can't help but

When we were getting ready to have kids, one of our considerations was a good school district. We've never regretted that choice.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why bother trying anymore?

Let's all live off of microwave burritos cheap booze and reality TV.

The gov can build us nice apartments that look like cells with drywall rather than bars and we'll just sit until we die.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hay.....HAY! GET OUT OF THE WAY! I'm baitin.

(Brought to you by Fony)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Maybe that's why standards are dropping over there?

Here, the UK has a grading system for schools.

Grades 1 - 4.

Grade 1 being the highest scoring in a particular area of scrutiny.

1 is considered to outstanding.
2 is good.
3 is acceptable.
4 is unacceptable.

If a school is consistently scoring 4's, it will attract close attention and will either have a change of head teacher, or worse case, shut down.

To be frank, unless all schools are scoring at least 2's, i'd want to know why..but that's me.

Our schools are inspected every couple of years, and the results and inspection reports are made available to the public via website.

Having said all of that, don't think i'm getting away all smug and Scott free here..the irony is, even with an open grading system and regular school inspections, the UK is still having kids finishing school, virtually unable to read or write. So it's not just you guys.

What if this has nothing at all to do with quality of education? In the UK or the US, we seem to be seeing this on an ever increasing scale.

What other common denominators are there that might be a factor? Chemicals in the water...chemicals in the food, chemtrails in the air, Vaccinations.

Hmm..take your pick really, any one of them or all of them are probably not helping things much..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join