It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phones: It's not just about Brain Tumors!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Mobile Phones: It's not just about Brain Tumors!

www.magdahavas.com

The report states that your risk of getting a parotid tumor on the same side of your head that you use for listening to the mobile phone increases by . . .

34% if you are a regular cell phone user and have used a mobile phone for 5 years.
58% if you had more than 5,479 calls in your life-time.
49% if you have spoken on the phone for more than 266.3 hours during your life-time.
47% if you have used a mobile phone for 5 years or more and have had more than 5,479 calls in your life-time.
50% if you have used a mobile phone for 5 years or more and have spoken on the phone for more than 266.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow... Take a look at those percentages!

I did a search on ATS and didn't find anything on here about this. Luckily, I have been using a Bluetooth... but I'm thinking that this isn't going to help either since I keep my phone on my belt.

I have a feeling an epidemic is coming... Just think about how many kids carry cell-phones these days!

www.magdahavas.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/7/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why would you think bluetooth is any better? It's the same microwave radiation cooking your brain, except instead of being beside your ear, it's now inside of it! I heard it was worse. I use speakerphone, and keep the phone at least several feet away from my body when not in use.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing I do not own a cellular communication device. I opt not to have one, since at any time I can have my exact location tracked.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Luckily, I have been using a Bluetooth...

I noticed recently that the frequency the bluetooth operates on could boil water if it were much stronger...the fact that it's jammed into your ear, and we're mostly water makes me wonder how much better it is for long term health risks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For anyone interested in the mechanism that affects your body, it's the EM radiation given off by your cell phone, which affects the ionized proteins that make up your genetic material and most of the rest of your cells.

The way proteins know how to "fit together" in your body is by their molecular shape and the ions (extra electrons or missing electrons) at the end of their shapes that allow them to hook onto shapes of the opposite polarity.

When you introduce an EM field from cell phones, it influences these ionized proteins or any other ions in your body. It can "push" or "pull" them in unnatural directions and cause them to close and form proteins that would not otherwise be produced, ie are not naturally produced, and that increase your chances of cancer for that reason. The natural order to how your body builds and maintains itself is disrupted by this subtle external EM field.

I carry a cell phone but whenever I'm not using it I try to keep it at least several feet away from me. It's been shown to reduce bone density near where you keep it, for example in your pocket it will reduce bone density in your pelvic bones, etc.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Couple of comments: I've done the surgery to remove some of these salivary tumors and they have been some of the messiest and most difficult I've had. Not fun!

Anyone that doesn't think this is a serious threat is in denial or obfuscating. I have always tried to use the little microphone with a speaker on a wire or earphone attachment. Lately, however, I have been unable to find one that doesn't seriously distort the sound so is useless. Impedance problem or something. The cellphone companies don't take it seriously enough to equip their phones with an effective non radiating earphone! My present phone is a Samsung.

My alternate state of OR enacted a law you can't talk and drive. That should help bring about a change! Ear plug microphone, speakers are much safer than holding a cellphone to you head and driving! Especially when you try to drink coffee and hold your dog at the same time! Try it sometime!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The "soft kill" is in full effect.

Depopulation = deaths by a thousand cuts.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Exactly!

Maybe that's why cell phones were invented, to keep us from transcending a certain level of f*cked- upness, at our own sleepwalking willingness. lol. People who "love death, more than you love life."

I turn mine off every night so i can sleep, and use it only when i need to. These devices are becoming a part of our physiology.. I can (believe i can) tell when someone's trying to get a hold of me when it's turned off, when i turn it on i find a text message or a voice mail- and the amount of times people try to contact me is infrequent.

Had a dream a few years ago that i used my cell phone to teleport using four digit codes. It felt like a matrix laid across earth from above (amplified satallite waves?) that enabled certain cell users with severely modified bone marrow or something to hop in bursts. Like soul-suspension in air followed by a bodily transposure, Then gravity would resume, and you'd have to be quick with the number punching if you hopped to high. Heh.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that ATS is "the enemy's camp."

[edit on 7-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zot Twady

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Luckily, I have been using a Bluetooth...

I noticed recently that the frequency the bluetooth operates on could boil water if it were much stronger...the fact that it's jammed into your ear, and we're mostly water makes me wonder how much better it is for long term health risks.

Any frequency can be used to boil water if it's strong enough. Every day of our lives we are literally bathed with various energy frequencies both natural and man made. Every frequency along the electromagnetic spectrum can be harmful at higher levels.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And you guys know your computers are conducting currents and therefore creating EM fields around them as well, even while we're all sitting here typing responses to one another.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Quite aware. That's why I use an 8 watt processor and have it seated 10 feet away at all times. The collective EM radiation has been rising astronomically in the 21st century. Yet one more way in which we're currently mutating at an unprecedented rate. I use to be so into tech gadgetry. Not so since doing the research on it's ill effects. Wi-max freaks me out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was gonna say, "Good thing I only text!" but then they mentioned it causing bone density loss where ever you keep it. Ugh.

So just to sum it all up.. we're all screwed no matter what? Cuz even if you got rid of your phone, you get it from your computer. Or a million other places while you're walking, etc.

To say, "this sucks..." just doesn't seem to be adequate in this case.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Cellphone are far and away the worst EM radiation hazzard! Not even close! Cell Phone Radiation Hazzard

“The FCC limit for the head (SAR of 1.6 W/kg) is just two-and-a-half times lower than the level that caused behavioral changes in animals (SAR of 4 W/kg),” says the representative. “Thus, the brain receives a high exposure, even though the brain may well be one of the most sensitive parts of human body … and should have more protection.”

I contend that cell phones are a stupid concept, that in 50 years we will look back at the archaic phones as being far too dangerous, inefficient, frustrating, slow and impractical than they were ever worth! Why people think they are cool is beyond me! They don't work well enough to receive that distinction IMHO!

Oh yes, and they fry your brain! Especially if you use them in rural areas... Rural areas, isn't that sort of why u use them? To keep in touch you're out out of town?? Oh, that's right they don't work well in the country anyway! I'll call you back when I'm back in town!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have two things to add.

I had a friend tell me once, if you put a bowl of popcorn in the middle if 10 people, and each one of those people calls another cell phone in a room, it generates enough radiation to pop the popcorn.

Personally, I don't think that's true. Especially after watching Mythbusters. It's still a fun tidbit, though.

Second thing -

I read fark.com for crazy news articles sometimes. Today I read scientists are claiming cell phone radiation prevents Alzehimers in rats. I would link if I wasn't on ny iPod, but the article is easy to find.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I had a friend tell me once, if you put a bowl of popcorn in the middle if 10 people, and each one of those people calls another cell phone in a room, it generates enough radiation to pop the popcorn.
reply to post by fbnks

Wouldn't work. But I did see a U Tube where they put 4 cell phone in a circle with their antennas pointed inward toward a popcorn seed. They called the 4 phones simultaneously and the popcorn seed popped or exploded.

Convinced me there is a lot of EM energy involved!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Honest to God - I can't wait for the day that modern civilization just collapses completely and we can go back to the way God designed it to be - living off the land, helping one another and taking care of our necessities. In light of this news as it was beginning to emerge about a year ago, I cancelled my cell phone contract and no longer bother.
The problem is that many of the "Sheeple" I deal with in the business world don't understand why I don't have one and treat me like some kind of pariah. Looks like I'll have the last laugh, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Honest to God - I can't wait for the day that modern civilization just collapses completely and we can go back to the way God designed it to be - living off the land

Only problem with that is that a large portion of the human population would also starve, die off, kill each other off, steal and destroy each other!

Who do you know that still knows how to live off the land? You, me and who else my friend?

Be careful what you hope for!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Unfortunately you're right. While the thought of being independent is beautiful to us, the sad truth is that a large percent of the world's population would be decimated by such a collapse in technology. It would not be a pleasant picture at all.

With that said, are cell phones a necessary evil? I thought about it all day and I don't know how to function without mine. It's my lifeline if anyone I love is in trouble.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
While cell-phones have the potentials to give cancer, I don't think it is possible to stop using them. I mean, since very few people consider dropping their cell phones even through ATS members, the general public won't even think of it. I'm not saying that people are stupid or anything, but where you see one study that shows mobile phones give tumors, the government can produce 10 fake ones which say they are perfectly fine to use.

I don't know if any of you remember the very old cell phones of the late 80's - early 90's. I remember my father had one. If you got a metal needle and put it near the ear-piece, it would stick on their. The magnetic field of the phone was THAT strong.

Nowadays though, this doesn't happen, they have found ways to minimize the EMF.

Try this: unplug your PC's speakers (the jack, not the power chord) and let the jack from the speakers touch your phone. Now put your speakers on maximum volume, and you can hear the frequency of the phone. For most GSM phones it is something like 1/8. That means that every 8 seconds, your phone sends and receives a signal (even on standby). On the speakers it would sound something like a tic, so it should be around one tic every 8 seconds.

If you have your phone close to your body, even without talking or texting, your body receives that signal once every 8 seconds. Thats 7.5 times in a minute, 450 times an hour.

For those people who sleep with their phone beside their bed, or even some under your pillows, consider this: the average person sleeps 7-8 hours.

Therefore, during a night's sleep you get struck by your phone's microwaves, 450 * 8 = 3600 times!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join