It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Another Church-Less Christmas, Coalition Asks: Is Obama a Christian Fraud?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this is definately going to stir the BHO cheerleaders...

i love how they defend him courteously under the precept that he is just like everyone else and deserves the same right to privacy. i laugh at this. no one and i mean no one has the authority or, even more important, the RESPONSIBILTY that this man has. and i think it goes without saying that this man has yet, even after a year in offce - even after his experience in the senate, has yet to prove that he is ready to accept and properly uphold his responsibility to this country. everything he's done has been for the few, and what does he want to do for everyone else? - government run healthcare? can you say DMV? because that's what it is going to be like when you need to see a doctor. in the few moments of worldwide bowing and apologies has done more to promote other countries on a worldwide platform than he has to help the very people he is responsible for at home thus far.

but in response to the OP, this is no surprise and it definately won't go anywhere but in the "birther" and"racist" files

funny thing about the "birthers" - they include his own grandmother (RIP)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by notsympl]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Would you rather the man spend time in a corrupt church or spend time trying to fix the country? Nothing he does will be good enough and fault will be found either way.

If he went to church everyday then it would be a thread about him being a fanatic and not spending enough time being president.

He is clearly not a Muslim and its just hatefully racist and prejudice people that say that. Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone, but then again I'm sure none of you Christians ever sin or miss church because of your own lives.

Maybe Obama has found his own personal relationship with god and doesn't need a temple to tell him how to appreciate life and learn gods lessons.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebulldog
Every politican does what he/she needs to get into power ...
Cheers

I will take the occassion to ask: it's only been a bit ore than a year since candidate Obama billed himself as the POST candidate. Post-politics, post-lobbyists, post-special-interests, post-big-business, post-payoffs, post-exclusions, post-war, and yes, post-fakery, pos-lying, post-secrecy, post-business as usual? Wasn't this the magic mo-jo?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Also it should be noted that Obama was a member of the United Church of Christ. The UCC supports gay and lesbian rights, ordains gay and lesbian ministers, is pro-choice, and has other liberal stances. He never claimed to be a Christian fundamentalist. The UCC is actually very close to Unitarian Universalism. The UU and the UCC share many programs together.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is that what makes a person a Christian now days? Attending an organized religion's meeting place?

It seems to me, it's nothing more than symbolism. A person's faith is not defined by bricks and mortar. Nor is it defined by the leaders of such churches.

Many Christians simply refuse to step into churches. As they have become in many cases nothing more than political and for profit organizations. Places that have long lost the meaning of what it is to be a Christian and focus more hot divisive political laden topics to keep their buildings full and the profits coming in.

Besides, didn't Jesus tell us to worship in private and avoid public displays?

Matthew 6:5-6 (King James Version)

5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join