It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner's New York Fed Told AIG to Limit Swaps Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

A House committee is planning to grill Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner about his role in the massive bailout of failed insurer American International Group Inc.
The House Oversight Committee is responding to news that key details about AIG's bailout were suppressed by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York while Geithner was its president.

www.breitbart.com...

Lets see if this will go anywhere or if they will just put on a show and not actually do anything about it. Still not much MSM coverage and I doubt they will even cover the hearing.

People should be outraged.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thier planning to grill him, aka slap his hand and dont do it again* thas all that willhaooen to this. HE belongs in prison, not a federal prison..send him to PUBLIC prison, where all the mean ones hang out*
Yeah, is thier anything i or we could do? like email a congressman or senator in state and/or gevernment? and expres yuor outrage? email?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

GS is like the financial mafia. They never lose. They have their claws into every part of the government. When investments work out they take all the profit when they lose out on a gamble the public pays for it.

The people would have been against a government bail out of GS after they lost big time on very risky investments so this plan was devised to bail them out through AIG. To me the emails prove it.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Geithner is already in full denial mode. He knew nothing about what was going on.

The New York Fed and Treasury say Geithner was not made aware of the e-mails that pushed for more secrecy.

www.breitbart.com...

Most likey they will setup some low level employee to be the fall guy.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

They got every corner covered so nobody will go to jail and even if someone does go to jail it will be one of those minimum security detention centers with the full works...disgusting! A few years and he/she is out robbing and cunning once again. That is how the sytem works because we allow it to through ignorance and/or apathy.

The fight against corruption cannot be faught by conventional means unless you plan on losing. The justice department is rigged by the treasury department and the treasury department is rigged by the private federal reserve bank of america which is rigged by the illuminati of north america and europe. ONE BIG CIRCLE JERK AGAINST EVERY CITIZEN!

To win you need terror and I am not talking about muslim terrorists. I am talking about real patriots getting together, saying enough is enough and doing something about it. Bomb and kill people if you have to but get the job done. If they want to torture foreign nationals and domestic patriots under false pretenses then I don't see why we can't do the same to them. Just because they have authority doesn't mean #. There authority is misguided and excessive to begin with.

I am not trying to incite violence with my post but eventually something needs to be done before they start ww3, create yet another viral pandemic or simply destroy the economy to the point of no return....your call guys!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join