It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow travelers! I saltheart, introduce myself.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Them apples are very succulent in their putrefaction.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

reply to post by MDSJR1967

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I was also swept up in the series. It took me almost a year to read them all though. It would have been faster but I only bought the books one series at a time. It has been a few years since I read them and I may have to revisit the books again.

Thanks for the welcome.

reply to post by gYvMessanger

With so many knowing Saltheart, I may fit in quite nicely here. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I always promised myself that I would re-read the whole series. Even now after 15 yrs, some of it is quite vivid in my memory. Sounds daft but sometimes when I hear a song that was around when I read these books it take me back.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its not just about re-reading the series. The Final Chronicles are being released at the moment (currently on book 2 of 4, book 3 out this year).

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

Oh frelling great. You know I use to only purchase books where the series were all complete. I found a book back in college the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

You ever watch a movie and miss the end part? Oh that pisses me off. It took 10 years of waiting on those books to come out and to this day I do not know if they are complete. I gave up about 6 years ago on that series. One day I will look back and see if they're done. If not, I am not buying anymore until they are.

So frustrating to get hung up at a point and not know for a year or more. ARRGGHH!

Now you are telling me one of my favorite series ever was not complete! WTH!

Oh well, maybe I should write my own series. Start by sending all the authors that have done this to me and do it to them. Leave out the last chapter of each book. Boy, I have a vengeful mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

The Wheel of Time wont be complete until October or November next year when book 13 comes out (even though the original author is now dead.)

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant are not so bad as each "Chronicle" is essentially self contained (though you should read them in the correct order).

So if you havent read them you could read the first six books and wait to read the last four until all four are out. I read it long before there was ever any plans for the Final Chronicle, so when I finished the 6th book (10 years ago or something like that) that was it ! Or so I thought... New series is good though.

The new Wheel of Time book is very good compared to the last three or four.

Another amazing series is the Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin, its nowhere near finished yet though, dont start reading it ive been waiting like 5 years or something for the next book and he keeps pissing about.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by gYvMessanger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join