It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow travelers! I saltheart, introduce myself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As you can see by my handle/name I am a reader of all that is Fantasy/Sci Fi books. It allows me to escape my humdrum life to become an alternate version of myself in an alternate reality of my own choosing.

A member here, has invited me to join the discussions, that is ATS.

I hope to have fun in the alternate reality, which is our existence here in the Milky Way galaxy. For how do we know we are not just a dream?

If anyone can post links to the most helpful threads, on the use and breakdown of the site, it would be highly appreciated. I have looked around on the site and have noticed there is more than one URL and also the site is quite extensive.

One question, I noticed I cannot load a photo to the My Photos folder, could it be because I am behind an anonymous proxy server? One cannot be too careful, ehh.

Anywho, HELLO fellow travelers.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Welcome to the ATS BEACON SALTHEART FOAMFOLLOWER hope it is as imformative a site to you as it is to me, enjoy.

[edit on 1/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS ... I have to admit I have never heard of this character ... but that is a truly amazing name.

Enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Woody

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS ... I have to admit I have never heard of this character ... but that is a truly amazing name.

Enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Woody

OOPS !

So good I said it twice.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Welcome to the forums saltheart, Take your time and look around. The members here are great and always wiling to help or answer any questions you have. At this time you are limited to replying to threads in any forums you wish. Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to start your own threads in any of the forum, and you will be able to send & receive U2U's (messages) to and from the membership. At present you U2U capability is limited to staff only.

Some links that may answer any questions for you or other members.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Getting Started

(click to open player in new window)

If you have any questions please feel free to U2U (message) me or any staff member any time.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Saltheart Foamfollower is from the book series Thomas Covenant by Donaldson. It is a great series.

OP, welcome, and if you are half the being as Saltheart, we are honored to have you with us.

edit to add-since I enjoyed the series so much, you get a flag from me for just your name.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ARRRGH! Saltheart Foamfollower sounds loik a POIRATE NAME, matey! HARRR
Heave-to on the mainsail, lads, we've a blow approachin' outta th' East! HAR! Look lively thar, ya salthearted foamfollower!! AYE!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hello Saltheart,

My condolences on the loss of your giant friends and family.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hello to you saltheart foamfollower!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thank you Ophiuchus 13,

And I will thank you by posting a photo of your constellation-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a769ffc5cf44.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Welcome to ATS ... I have to admit I have never heard of this character ... but that is a truly amazing name. Enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

As endidnighe has stated, Saltheart was an amazing character in the fiction of Thomas Covenant, he was only barely touching the incredible sacrifice he had made.

Anyway, you do have to read the story to understand the correlation involved. Thank you for your invite and the relativity of time that you offer.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Sauron,

Why have you taken the creature that is the embodiment of evil? I read the Hobbit and the following books while enjoying the regiment of history. Do you partake in the regimented theory of divinity or do you foment the very act of isolationism for the sake of non-conformity?

Sauron is the embodiment of evil? yes or no? So you must be one of either two sects, one of the those that believe in the absolute evil or one of those that believe that evil is just a figment of our imagination.

Either that, or you thought it would be a Cool Avatar-that I can relate to. Hope to see you on the boards.

Thanks for all the links, just to reiterate the question, being behind a proxy stop certain aspects of the site? I am one of the people behind the mask. Mask being-controlled society, I am not allowed to be here (controlled society). Once one thinks that society as a whole is allowed to discuss ANYTHING is when one realizes that, THAT, is not the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

endisnighe,

The endisnighe, the very name is synonymous with destruction. I see by my google that nighe is a folklore entity of the end of days. Is this why you took the name?

I have a feeling because you knew the character that I have taken as my name or handle that we MAY become friends.

Do you know who the last Markhovian is? That may not be the right spelling.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification of my name, it is exciting that people here have read the same Sci Fi that I have.

Look forward to seeing you on the site.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc Velocity,

Quite the unique name, is their something relative to the name or just something reminiscent of the attitude?

As for pirate lore, I matey, fore I am known as Saltheart, the last of two giant's of folklore. I traveled with Thomas for the companionship and the legend. I gave my life to make his quest continue.

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

Ahh, a follower of the travels of Thomas Covenant. You and I will become friends, that is a given.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope to see you on the discussion stream.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The endisnighe is actually based upon two factors, one is that the endisnear had been taken.

The other is that nighe is a Celtic fairy tale (which all know that tales are based upon fact) that is shrouded in lore.

Here is the wikipedia description which is totally non descriptive of the story-

A bean nighe is described in some tales as having one nostril, one big protruding tooth, webbed feet and long hanging breasts, and to be dressed in green. A mortal who is bold enough to sneak up to her while she is washing and suck her breast can claim to be her foster child. The mortal can then gain a wish from her. If a mortal passing by asks politely, she will tell the names of the chosen that are going to die. While generally appearing as a hag, she can also manifest as a beautiful young woman when it suits her, much as does her Irish counterpart the bean sídhe.

So, based upon the description, I am a type of succubus. Let it be known, that I am the endisnighe and therefore have no life of my own but require you to sustain me! HEHEHHEHEHHEHEHE

Life is but a mission of untenable truths!

How about them apples?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Welcome to Abovetopsecret!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Hello Saltheart, I too recognized your avatar name, I devoured all three trilogies in 6 weeks. I haven't been able to get into another fantasy book since Thomas Covenant. Donaldson showed me what a total freak I can be, if I allowed myself to get too absorbed. Much of ATS is fantasy also, but every now and then.........

Nice to greet ya.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Welcome to the boards giant kin may your journey be a safe one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join