It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family films 'creepy' silent, monkey-like creature on hike through snow-covered woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

To be fair theres no evidence at all to what this thing is, sharp looking hair or quills is not enough to conclude porcipine. Also i see alot of them and i have never seen one this size, that thing would be a world record Pine.

My apologies for the tripled thread!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

If they can climb at all (which they can), then why would there be a limit to how high?

Wow! You learn something new everyday!
I never would've thought they'd be the type of animal to climb.
I sort of assumed they'd live underground.

Never mind anyway, I think if I was in those woods due to the fact the things up a tree that high I mighta got enough bravado to shout 'boo!' or something and try and get it to move.
Unless it's got wings aswell, you could probably get out of there in enough time so it'd get bored and not follow.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by Aggie Man

To be fair theres no evidence at all to what this thing is, sharp looking hair or quills is not enough to conclude porcipine. Also i see alot of them and i have never seen one this size, that thing would be a world record Pine.

My apologies for the tripled thread!!!

As a university trained wildlife biologist, I am asserting my expert opinion. The image is clearly a porcupine. I have studied them, their anatomy, their habitat, their morphology, etc...

By what measure are you determining size? Do we see something besides the tree branch or the animal itself that would give us a basis to judge size?

link   
Fast facts on porcupines

Type: Mammal
Diet: Herbivore
Average lifespan in the wild: 5 to 7 years
Size: Head and body 25 to 36 in (60 to 90 cm); Tail, 8 to 10 in (20-25 cm)
Weight: 12 to 35 lbs (5 to 16 kg)
Group name: Family

"The porcupines found in North and South America are good climbers and spend much of their time in trees. Some even have prehensile (gripping) tails to aid in climbing. The North American porcupine is the only species that lives in the U.S. and Canada, and is the largest of all porcupines."

Source

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

If you visit the link, or google porcupine they are way to small.

link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join