It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family films 'creepy' silent, monkey-like creature on hike through snow-covered woods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Family films 'creepy' silent, monkey-like creature on hike through snow-covered woods

www.dailymail.co.uk

Bitterly cold in January, the north-eastern U.S. state of Maine is not known for its monkey population.
So when a family hiking through snow-covered woods claimed they had spotted a strange, ape-like creature sitting silently in a tree, it was not long before the suggestion that Bigfoot had been spotted was made.

The unidentified family managed to capture what they said was a monkey-like creature on video.

The footage, posted on YouTube by American user webtech88 five days ago, has been continuously clicked on ever since and become one of the first internet hits of 2010.

Read more:
(visit the link for the full news article)

LINK TO VIDEO ON YOUTUBE, USE THIS ONE!!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Hack28]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you watch the video it is weird that the "creature" does not move, at all. At one point it seems to be starring right at them and no reaction.
At the end the camera pans away, now whatever this is it is up a massive tree, it would take some serious skill to climb that in a giant ape costume.
The stare down that takes place between the camera and the "creature" looks very close, but when panned back they are a good distance away, perhaps it is very old and is spotting, not sure if seen and not wanting to move in case it were not.
I am not sure if this is true or not so a lie to you is a lie to me, but i had heard that if a feline can not see you it thinks you can not see it. So if this "creature" is not moving it may be because he can hear them but does not want to move to be seen.
Either way its an interesting video, and im a sure many opinions will be posted.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well I got to say, if it is a person in a costume it is a pretty good looking costume from the photo on the source page. Does not look like a Bigfoot, just looks like a monkey.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hmm. It says 'video removed by user' on that link but I found it elsewhere

www.youtube.com...

I'm not sure what it is though, it looks weird. Lol.
If its a guy though, I hope he got paid well. I would NOT be climbing up that tree. (I don't think it is a guy)

Nice video though, I'll flag this post and maybe someone else can help you with this one.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is that Bigfoot's lesser known cousin.......Smallfoot?

Looks like a genuine monkey but (im only assuming) nothing bigger than an average size.

The video has been removed so i cant watch it. Im only going off the stills.

link   
video removed by user
I think it's a costume with nobody wearing it
it's not moving and doesn't even seem to be breathing as that would cause at least some movement

and notice how the video stops and restarts when the thing is at another angle... why?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

link   
reply to post by Ayana

Thank-you for linking the movie!!!
Id like to say that "ill look into it" but sadly ive reached my computer skills limit on posting it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Haha, it's fine.
I just searched it on youtube and found it straight away

I commend the guy who filmed that though. My hand is NEVER that steady!
Especially on zoom.
But then again I'm just useless at camera

Maybe that is just an escaped monkey. It looks a bit smaller than my idea of bigfoot.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thats a good point, they could have climbed up put it and then climbed down. The thing with that is if they were going to spend the presumable hours to do that i am guessing they would have left the kids at home. You can hear kids on the video, which someone else linked.
If anyoen knwos how to embed a video please tell me, thank you!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow that is kinda creepy - It's one really tall tall tree too, so like you said, i imagine it would take quite a bit of effort to get up there - especially in some sort of monkey suit,and it looks pretty real.

I wish there was a version edited so it is not so shaky! While odd, could it be possible for a gorilla/ape or something to be out in maine? Someone kept it as a pet illegally and let it go or something?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This was posted on ats the other day,

The consensus is its a "Porcupine" . I'll look for a link.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
looks kind of like a wolverine or a porcupine. I'm no imaging expert but from the look of the tree the creature doesnt look more than two foot tall. Could be an escaped monkey or ape.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

can a porcupine get up that high?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
In my expert opinion, it's a porcupine.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by ken10

can a porcupine get up that high?

Thats what I was thinking.
This might just be me being British... but can they even climb?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

It doesnt look much like this to me..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For what its worth - there have been a couple of threads on this already.

First here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Here is the previous thread

AS to how high they can climb, I don't really know being in England but i'm sure people from the U.S. will know more.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by dashen

It doesnt look much like this to me..

That's because there was mostly shadow on the one in the OPs video. But you can clearly see the quills. There is no chance that this is anything but a porcupine.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Here is the previous thread

AS to how high they can climb, I don't really know being in England but i'm sure people from the U.S. will know more.

If they can climb at all (which they can), then why would there be a limit to how high?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join