It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Linked Barry Soetoro with Barack Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok - this will likely be ignored, or will go down in flames... but - here goes.

I have checked and searched, and wondered time and again how the names "Barry Soetoro" and "Barack Obama" were assessed as one and the same person? I mean, where is scholastic proof, not blog-proofs, or some wild claim on Coast to Coast or Rush... I'm looking for real, verifiable proof that the two are one and the same. A driver's license image with a young Obama listed legally as Soetoro, or something to this effect...

Has anyone actually seen this proof or have we all taken this meme as truth without anyone actually demonstrating something that shows this is a legitimate claim?

I did search ATS first before posting it....

This is late in the game, I'll give that... but I still want to know.

Mago

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

www.youtube.com...

Here's a news article/video on it from last year. I dont believe he denies it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh, this is an easy one. When his mother divorced Obama Sr., and moved to Indonesia, she married Lolo Soetoro, who adopted Barack. He was called "Barry" when he was little, and his adoptive father registered him in school in Indonesia as Barry Soetoro. So this makes it legally, his name.

Here is a picture of the school registration:

www.daylife.com...

AP Photo 35 months ago
This registration document, made available on Jan. 24, 2007, by the Fransiskus Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia, shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro into the Catholic school made by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro.

If memory serves me correctly, he was known as Barry Soetoro until he completed college, and then sometime he changed it to Barack Hussein Obama, but no one has been able to find legal documents confirming that.

The only documents that have been received have been ones supplied by other countries, as he works very hard to keep all of his records hidden.

All you have to go on is his word in his book, and what others have dug up.

I do not think he denies going by Barry Soetoro, though.

Edit to add: I believe the divorce documents also name he and his sister, though I could be mistaken on this.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And there is this:

www.youtube.com...

And This:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He was known as Barry Obama as late as his High School years in Hawaii. Apparently, the Soetoro sir name was dropped when he shoveled back to Hawaii by his mother only to be raised by his grandparents. Everything gets blurry when he enrolls in college. He didn't like the nickname Barry and wanted to use his formal name of Barack.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

en.wikipedia.org...

It was at the East-West Center that Dunham met Lolo Soetoro, a student from Indonesia.[28] They married in 1966 or 1967 and moved with six-year-old Barack to Jakarta, Indonesia, just after the unrest surrounding the ascent of Suharto.[29] In Indonesia, Soetoro worked as a government relations consultant with the American petroleum company Mobil.[30][31] On August 15, 1970, Soetoro and Dunham had a daughter, Maya Kassandra Soetoro.[9] In Indonesia, Dunham enriched her son's education with correspondence courses in English, recordings of Mahalia Jackson, and speeches by Martin Luther King Jr. She sent the young Obama back to Hawaii to attend Punahou School rather than having him stay in Asia with her.[29] Madelyn Dunham's job as a vice-president at the Bank of Hawaii helped pay the steep tuition,[32] with some assistance from a scholarship.[33] In the 1970s, Dunham wished to return to work, but Soetoro wanted more children. She once said that he became more American as she became more Javanese.[29] Ann Dunham left Soetoro in 1972, returning to Hawaii and reuniting with her son Barack for several years. Soetoro and Dunham saw each other periodically in the 1970s when Dunham returned to Indonesia for her field work[29] but did not live together again. They divorced in 1980 and she began using the name Ann Dunham Sutoro, with a modern spelling of her former husband's surname.[1]

obamavideoclips.com...

1972-1980

With her daughter Maya, Ann Dunham returns to Hawaii and her and her two children live in a small apartment around the Honolulu area. Money is definitely tight at this time.

In 1974, Ann makes the decision to go back to Indonesia to begin fieldwork for her Ph.D. Barack Jr. who is now 13, makes the decision to stay in Hawaii with his grandparents. Ann Dunham files for divorce from Lolo Soetoro in 1980.

With this information, he was 13 when they returned to Hawaii, still legally adopted by Lolo Soetoro. His mother divorced in 1980 from Soetoro, making Barack 19 years old when she divorced. At which point did he legally change his name then, is the question. No legal documentation has ever been found nor claimed.

Here is a copy of the divorce decree, showing one child above the age of 18 (Barack) and one child below the age of 18. (His sister, who, was incidentally born in Indonesia, and also holds a Hawaiian COLB)

decalogosintl.org...

So, unless his mother filed to change his name legally after returning to Hawaii when he was 13, no matter the outcome of her final divorce chosen name, he was still Barry Soetoro.

And, according to the divorce decree, both parents were still responsible for paying for their education, so his step father would have been making payments as Lolo Soetoro, and his mother was now known as Ann Dunham Soetoro.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
When his mother divorced Obama Sr., and moved to Indonesia, she married Lolo Soetoro, who adopted Barack.

There is no evidence that Soetoro adopted Obama.

Originally posted by Libertygal
He was called "Barry" when he was little, and his adoptive father registered him in school in Indonesia as Barry Soetoro. So this makes it legally, his name.

According to whom?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Another very stupid thread full of right-wing hacks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

He freely admits his name used to be Barry.. which i think is a nickname for Barrack? .. Like Steve is for Stephen?

I am not sure about the last name though. And as far as I can tell, he still goes by Barry, not Barrack (in private) .. 2 weeks ago he called a radio station in Virginia as "Barry from DC" to prank call the chairman of the DNC who is stepping down.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
Another very stupid thread full of right-wing hacks.

She asked a question, give it a rest.

new topics

top topics

join