It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.S. Muslim woman refused entry to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

N.S. Muslim woman refused entry to U.S.

www.cbc.ca

A newlywed Nova Scotia woman hoping to visit her husband in the United States says she wasn't allowed to board a flight at Halifax Stanfield International Airport this week because she is a Muslim.

"I was walking downstairs in front of everybody. I had two guards and the police. They're all walking beside me as if I'm a terrorist,"

"They were rude, yelling at me — very humiliating and very bad — and at the end they asked the aircraft to take my bags off the airplane."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They are denying profiling, saying it was because of her non-U.S. resident status. If that is true then why pick her out at a crowd?

Makes no sense

See here's the thing, if they decide to disallow muslims from countries on terror lists all while stopping bombing then well then perhaps I won't be against that.

Don't accept anyone from Yemen, nobody, but then get out!
Don't accept anyone from Pakistan, Afghanistan or wherever, but then get out!

But here

Originally from Jordan, Manna has lived in Nova Scotia for 15 years and has been a Canadian citizen for 12 years.

I don't get it!
Jordan is also not on the terror list, go figure.

During the four hours of questioning, the officials asked for her bank account number and then called her bank to get all her financial information.

Manna says as she was being let go, she asked the officials what she would need to be able to enter the States.

"So they (said), 'You need to bring a bank statement, a doctor's note that you're not pregnant -- I don't know what that has to do with anything else -- and a note from your employer that you're coming back to work'," Manna says.

www.ctv.ca...

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

join