It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting president's eligibility questioned by member of congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Interesting...because in August of last year...

Back in August, my AJC colleague Aaron Gould Sheinin asked much the same question. This was the response he received from Deal campaign spokesman Harris Blackwood:

“He began receiving letters and e-mails about this long before the president took office. He has maintained in response to each one that he believes the president was born in the state of Hawaii two years after it became a state, is an American citizen and therefore is fully qualified to be president of the United States.”

blogs.ajc.com...

So he has changed his mind?

He is running for Govenor of Georgia...

The highest level of opposition to the notion that Obama was born in the U.S. was found - no big surprise here - in the South, where the response was 47 percent yes, 23 percent no and 30 percent not sure. In every other region of the country, 87 percent or more of the respondents answered yes to the question of whether they believe Obama was born in the U.S. That dropped below 50 percent in the South.

www.blogfordemocracy.org...

Where is this letter he sent? Strange that Deal will not release it.

My take is he is leaving congress to run for Govenor of arguably the most red state in the south..Georgia...where 75% of the vote went to McCain.

So maybe he has changed his mind from earlier statements...

maybe since he is leaving congress to run for GA Govenor he is trying to reel in the far christian right and ...ahem...those within his state that are uncomfortable with someone like Barack Obama serving as president.

Either way it would be good to see this email and his office should release it....as it stands it looks like a PR stunt aimed at a segment of southerners in GA.

Any political official who takes a stand...whether for political gain or genuine beliefs...should own and stand behind their words.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Yea, a black guy in office was born in africa. That doesn't sound too easy, if not just plain racist to you?

This might be easier to see, if that promise of transparency, were easier to see.
I make funny.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

And sorry friend, as to "personal attacks", that's exactly what you are doing to Obama even if you don't get it.

He is a public figure.He asked to be president.He by accepting the office opened himself up to criticism by his peers.Should I just blithely accept his lies and secrecy?He holds the highest public office in the world and his integrity should not be in question but it is.He put it into question.If he would act with honor,openness,truthfulness and "transparency"we would not be having this debate.

And as for the Gestapo analogy,did you not see the part where I wrote the Nazi party didn't come out of the womb fully formed it started small,just like this.

I am reminded of a saying;
The longest journey starts with the first step

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The fighting from the inside continues.

Now if the wrong steps are made, they are setting it up to be dealt with.

I wonder who's side everyone is on here, guess only time will tell.

Something is shaking up inside the walls of the white house that is for sure.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Those who claim 'It doesn't matter where he was born, he's President so get over it ' would be happy to accept Chavez or Putin or Rupert Murdoch as President of the United States ? If not, why not ? After all, the world knows considerably more about those three men than it does about Obama

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
again, I think the birther argument is dumb

it's seriously a non-issue created and exploited by angry racists who can't believe there's a black guy in office, with many others following based on their political beliefs.

for crying outloud, must I reference the fake kenyan birth certificates (the second one was just embarrassing) to further discredit this movement?

and some other questions:

A member of congress believes an idea being backed by wingnuts? Is it possible that the member of congress is a wingnut as well? Just because one supposedly credible person might believe it or want to pursue it, it's automatically true?

A democrat is in office, suddenly the right wing is now a bunch of conspiracy theorists? Really? These professional liars are now preachers of and for the "truth"?

My patience with Obama has grown VERY thin but because of his policies, not because of this crap. Get a real issue!

edit:And shame on you for trying to sensationalize your topic by having the title in caps.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by piddles]

The default cop out racist argument will get you no where.

This administration is hell bent on rebuilding our nation in order to fulfill a fantasy of a perfect progressive utopia. Obama is just a mouthpiece who has allowed himself to be bullied by the likes his handlers and the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Waxman et al.. I could go on an on about Obama's special advisers.

I would be satisfied if Obama, the alleged recipient of a foreign student scholarhip, just released his application and transcripts from Occidental College. All anyone really knows about Obama is based solely on his own writings in his highly contrived memoir.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Exactly !

But strangely enough, one of Obama's first official acts, reportedly, was to SEAL all his records !

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
But I find such apparently singleminded vitriol to be disturbing, no matter what the subject.

The question? So what is left when the object focused upon is removed? I'm thinking there'll be a void.

IMO the answer to your question...The void is a pre-existing condition/disposition and will always be filled with something until the void is addressed.

Addicts will fill the same void with various things...shopping, booze, drugs, gambling...the void, not just what fills it, must be addressed in order to remove the addiction.

Thus why many addicts speak of finding God. Spirituality is often a safe place holder in that void.

Folks that have a need to focus an oversized vitriol or hatred will often choose a single topic or individual, allowing for continued social/professional functionality in the remainder of their lives and when that focus is no longer a valid target, will move on to another...until the root and origin of those emotions is examined and addressed.

Just my opinion/experience.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Exactly !

But strangely enough, one of Obama's first official acts, reportedly, was to SEAL all his records !

Originally posted by jibeho
I would be satisfied if Obama, the alleged recipient of a foreign student scholarhip, just released his application and transcripts from Occidental College. All anyone really knows about Obama is based solely on his own writings in his highly contrived memoir.

"Reportedly"..."Alledgedly""

You gotta love it....continue to spout BS you have seen disproven dozens of times, but by all means cover your ass.

You guys crack me up.

You have been reading WND so long you even are even adopting their writing style. LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Yeah, shame on her for copying the title of article as it was written, in all caps. She isn't trying to sensationalize anything.

Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I promise to go away when Barry produces his Occidental records. His whole adult life is a contrived mess. You can blame his mom and dad for that. His mother passed him around like a bad head cold.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

right, I can't say this whole thing is racist but you can be the 2nd person to ask me why he sealed his records.

Also, what's the source on him receiving an foreign student scholarship?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

it's seriously a non-issue created and exploited by angry racists who can't believe there's a black guy in office, with many others following based on their political beliefs.

DOH!!! There it is!
I don't know if I should be amazed that only took 2 pages or that we made it all the way to the second page for the ignoramuses of the world to show up and play the race card!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

DOH!!! There it is!
I don't know if I should be amazed that only took 2 pages or that we made it all the way to the second page for the ignoramuses of the world to show up and play the race card!

it only took 3 pages for a member to point out something obvious about a post that everyone could have gathered for themselves if they read it.

way to say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Uh huh

and you'll notice those attempting to play the race-card

NEVER state WHICH race the alleged 'racists' are supposedly discriminating against

Is it the WHITE element of Obama ?

Or some other aspect of his racial heritage ?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

As far as I can see, you'r 5 posts on this thread say absolutely nothing!
You use contrived and ridiculous arguments to bait people - that makes you a Master Baiter!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I promise to go away when Barry produces his Occidental records. His whole adult life is a contrived mess. You can blame his mom and dad for that. His mother passed him around like a bad head cold.

And you ? Did you have a wonderful life . . did you now ? You
sound like you're so close to perfection. Are you ?

I don't blame anyone for his mess of an adult life . . mine would
make your hair curl. But we're stuck with our lives aren't we ?
We make do with what life has handed us. . . as best we can.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight
in the dog."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Not only that, it seems Mr. Deal will do what it takes to get elected... including switching parties... He used to be a Democrat.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington says Deal is one of the most corrupt members of Congress.

Source
Source

This guy is a slime ball, IMO. Still, if he wrote the letter, let's see it. And why hasn't he co-sponsored the bill that requires Presidential candidates to file a birth certificate with the FEC if this is what he believes?

He's just doing this because it will be popular with his constituents for his Gubernatorial election.

link   
reply to post by kozmo

how are my arguments ridiculous and contrived? Have you made arguments in this thr-oh wait you haven't.

you:

1.hillary clinton quote/opinion agreeing with the idea of the thread
2. omg he's dinks my cospirsy is racist, lol
3. weak insult

also, I will correct myself from my earlier post.

The birther movement was born out of being a distraction from John McCain's possible ineligibility then perpetuated by racists

right wing websites such as the WorldNet Daily (a right wing tabloid specializing in sensationalistic headlines and conspiracy theories) and Stormfront (the central White Supremacist forum board) began having almost daily discussions about the eligibility issue, but not about McCain, about Barack Obama.

source
source 2

edit: I don't think I need to post in this thread anymore, I have made my opinions/arguments that I'm VERY confident in known and wish to avoid conflict.

link   
reply to post by piddles

April 02, 2009

AP- WASHINGTON D.C. - In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the group “Americans for Freedom of Information” has released copies of President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College. Released today, the transcript indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the school.

The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.

www.sodahead.com...

Apparently this story has been labeled a hoax by Factcheck.org because they have not found any records in the AP archives. Who knows? Anything can be created or destroyed these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join