It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting president's eligibility questioned by member of congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Why bother belonging to a website that discusses political discourse if you have already chosen to "just sit back"?And why join in?Why not "just sit back" and watch orpah?You know the fact that you can have that opinion and voice it speaks to the greatness of this country,pardon me for wanting to keep it that way.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Pardon me, but do you realise the implications of trying to question such a gargantuan system, where you are sooooooo far removed from the top of the power and control structure?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Intriguing, but will probably amount to nothing. Possibly a case of disinformation intended to distract and deflect from where attention should be focussed.

I'll wait here patiently while the story unfolds...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I don't understand
Are you using the 'anti-semitic' accusation-model ?
You know -- the way some people respond to ANY less than sycophantic remark about jews by rushing in with 'that's anti semitic'
So is the anti-semitic accusation-model one of the 'defences' utilized by pro-Obamists to stifle ANY less than sycophantic remark about Obama ?

No...I'm not. In fact, I'm rather disappointed in how your Obama has worked out. I am commenting on the fact that certain members seem to go through life wearing "I hate Obama" eyeware, so that everything they say or do is passed through that lens. My comments were directed at just such an individual, and in following his posts here and there, I'd have to say that they verge upon the pathological.

That's an observation based upon his posting patterns and is by no means intended to be insulting...nor is he the only one. But I find such apparently singleminded vitriol to be disturbing, no matter what the subject.

The question? So what is left when the object focused upon is removed? I'm thinking there'll be a void.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
All I can say is that I recall Hillary Clinton, screaming in her shrill voice, “I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

Anyone else remeber that!? methinks I smell a hint of hypocrisy in the air!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Pardon me, but do you realise the implications of trying to question such a gargantuan system, where you are sooooooo far removed from the top of the power and control structure

Well at least I have the power to pardon you. just kidding.

Well yeah! I mean it's the same question actually.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Yes, ideally you should be able to say whatever you want. Brave people have fought and died for us to allegedly have that right. We're pretty sure on this site that our comments and posts are probably monitored by one or more intel agencies. Its been mentioned above how the secret service is getting extra touchy about what people say about Obama. I say, sit back, yes. Try to fathom the enormity of it, and where your place within it is, or if you want to be separate from it. Questioning a president's eligibility goes back to Lincoln, and Van Buren. What I ask is, if you get so worked up about the twisted abomination that our system has become, what do you propose be done about it? I contend that it is far too late to do anything about it, less all-out rebellion, which I do not advocate at this juncture.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by dashen]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well since you are obviously referring to me let me answer that honestly.If there wasn't a situation where I felt the country was at risk,such as the dems having control of the house &senate&pres.I would gladly let the idiots fight amongst themselves and not pay to much attention.But until an equilibrium is restored(in 2010 IMHO)I believe it behooves me to be ever vigilant.I get exited when I think anything might arise that will slow down what these people are trying to do right now.

No void if obama's gone,only relief(like passing a kidney stone)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Anyone else remeber that!? methinks I smell a hint of hypocrisy in the air!!!

That's one I always go back to when this administration complains that someone's being mean to them.

I went through many thoughts on this and determined he's probably (note: "probably") legitimate.

Obama could stop this all with simply showing the true long form birth certificate, pass port, school records. You know, all the stuff we knew about every other candidate or previous sitting president? A smart person, and O's supposed to be smart, would simply hold up the evidence and say "see, now shut up". So I started thinking, maybe there's something to this birther stuff.

BUT, if I were trying to pass downright criminal legislation and trying to bring down the country (read Cloward/Piven strategy cloward-piven.com...), then wouldn't it be better if all the opposers' eyes were directed over....here. So, withholding the information and keeping everyone looking at the birth certificate hand keeps some from seeing what the other hand is doing, to be cliche.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Intriguing, but will probably amount to nothing. Possibly a case of disinformation intended to distract and deflect from where attention should be focussed.

What should we be focused on?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The country is going to hell in a hand basket, and it's not because Obama might be ineligible, but because the system became so damn corrupt and whacky. Anyone with half a brain should be questioning eligibility of the Congress and the lobby system to govern us, not just one single person. I find it ridiculous that people still waste time on this, while we are facing a real crisis in every aspect of public life.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
again, I think the birther argument is dumb

it's seriously a non-issue created and exploited by angry racists who can't believe there's a black guy in office, with many others following based on their political beliefs.

for crying outloud, must I reference the fake kenyan birth certificates (the second one was just embarrassing) to further discredit this movement?

and some other questions:

A member of congress believes an idea being backed by wingnuts? Is it possible that the member of congress is a wingnut as well? Just because one supposedly credible person might believe it or want to pursue it, it's automatically true?

A democrat is in office, suddenly the right wing is now a bunch of conspiracy theorists? Really? These professional liars are now preachers of and for the "truth"?

My patience with Obama has grown VERY thin but because of his policies, not because of this crap. Get a real issue!

edit:And shame on you for trying to sensationalize your topic by having the title in caps.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by piddles]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
For starters, I am no fan of the way things have been going since Obama became elected. With that in mind, I find it hard to lend any credence to any article That calls him Barrack Hussein Obama. I get it, Hussein is his middle name, but I don't like the way it is being used. Anytime a news source wants to say something bad about the president they use his middle name. They only use it to invoke hatred from the bigots of America who automatically link Hussein with terrorist.
Now on the other hand, Obama's administration promised transparency and they have done the exact opposite. If he really was ineligible from the very start, there needs to be some serious consequences for everyone involved.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

less all-out rebellion, which I do not advocate at this juncture.

All out rebellion very nasty indeed. Also not needed if something like this were found to be true, it would mean the roots go a lot deeper than just the current administration. There would almost be a baptism by fire or
a complete major malfunction resulting in localised martial law through out.

Piddles

it's seriously a non-issue created and exploited by angry racists who can't believe there's a black guy in office, with many others following based on their political beliefs.

This sounds like a Chris Mathews arguement.
Possible wingnut.
Not probable.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

sure, all Obama opposers are racist...of course even the black Obama opposers are racist. you're right,

just answer this question.
why seal his school records and passport records?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

So you would define threat as any one who disagrees with him or wants to insure his citizenship is legitimate?

No, but I would say both people mentioned are certifiable. Questioning is hardly the same as filing umpteen frivolous lawsuits, obsessing all over the
web, and generally making a spectacle of yourself.
And sorry friend, as to "personal attacks", that's exactly what you are doing to Obama even if you don't get it. as for you, I merely am pointing out your comparison between the secret service and the Gestapo is to say the least, very poorly thought out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He's not 'my' Obama, incidentally. I'm one of the international posters who take an interest, based on the amount of interference by the US in the lives of non-Americans

It's been reported in the msm that one of Obama's first official acts was to seal his records. Did he imagine that would reassure those already concerned by the lack of transparency re: his place of birth ?

Mud sticks. If Obama doesn't realise that AND the implications as regards his office, then he has no business holding that office

' This is what I'm claiming and you can believe it or not. I don't care. I'm not going to clarify this confusing issue re: my place of birth, religion or loyalties. I'm here. I'm President. Like it or lump it ' ? Is that the attitude of someone with an interest in assuring 300 million people that he can be trusted to steer them through turbulent and difficult times ? Is it the attitude of someone who is asking Americans to support wars overseas at the same time his administration advises that 500 of those Americans will die in just one of those wars each month ?

It used to be that when someone was applying for a position of responsibility, involving perhaps the lives of others and certainly their money and futures, that the applicant would make a strenuous and sincere effort to furnish their credentials, their work history, character references, personal and other history, etc.

In order to hold the office of President of the United States, one stipulation is that the candidate MUST be able to prove they were born in the United States

It seems that Obama has failed to prove this to the satisfaction of a large percentage of the American public, even one year after gaining office

It shouldn't be difficult to satisfy the doubts and questions. It would be manifestly easier to prove one has been born in the United States, for example, than for a 12 year old to pass an exam. After all, if Obama possesses a birth certificate which proves unequivocally that he was born in the United States, he need only produce such a certificate. It either exists or it does not. The document should be above doubt. What mother does not ensure her children's birth certificates are 100% bonafide ? What mother does not keep her children's birth certificates in a safe yet accessible location ? After all, a mother is compelled to produce those certificates several times during the child's life

So why isn't Obama able to produce his birth certificate with the same naturalness and openness as any other American ?

How did he obtain passports during all those years prior to becoming President ? And IF he was in possession of a demonstrably genuine birth certificate all through those years, why can't he produce it just as easily now ?

It's said Obama travelled on a British passport for many years ? Why ? Why didn't he travel on an American passport ?

The questions, uncertainty and doubt of many Americans re: Obama's legitimacy are themselves legitimate. It behoves Obama AND all members of Congress to cease claims of legitimacy until such time as Congress and/or Obama have proved beyond all shadow of doubt that he is entitled to hold the office of President of the US.

This will not go away until such time as Obama makes full disclosure re: the location of his birth. The fact so many continue to doubt Obama serves to divide the populace. Or perhaps that's what's intended ?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

because he can.

www.sealmyrecord.com...

apostille.us...

looks like I can, too.

also, had you read my careful choice of wording, I said this idea was created by racists but is perpetuated by people based on their political belief.

Yea, a black guy in office was born in africa. That doesn't sound too easy, if not just plain racist to you?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The country is going to hell in a hand basket, and it's not because Obama might be ineligible, but because the system became so damn corrupt and whacky. Anyone with half a brain should be questioning eligibility of the Congress and the lobby system to govern us, not just one single person. I find it ridiculous that people still waste time on this, while we are facing a real crisis in every aspect of public life.

Never was a truer word spoken. This post and the one after it
show me that some "can" see the bigger picture.

And then we have those that are busy growing a third arm so they
can pat themselves on the back . . . because they think they've
found "dirty laundry" on the present administration.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

sure, all Obama opposers are racist...of course even the black Obama opposers are racist. you're right,

Now there you go again! Funny how the question of racism against a black President is always mysteriously transposed to the completly fake "all criticism is racist" BS.
This tactic is ridiculous, by your "reasoning" then, either ALL criticism is racist, or NO criticism is racist. thats just stupid. To pretend that their is NO racism towards the President is just plain, ....well, I already said it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by OldDragger]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join