It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Yale Blacklisted By Iran"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"Yale Blacklisted By Iran"

Yep, you read that correctly.

The Iranian government has labeled Yale University as one of its enemies.
The New Haven school made the government's list of 60 "subversive" international organizations Iran's government said is trying to undermine the Middle Eastern country's government, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and Security included Yale among other organizations the ministry argued citizens should not work with or take aid from, according to The Guardian.
Also making the list were the National Democratic Institute, the International Republican Institute, the BBC Persian, and the Foundation for Democracy in Iran.
Another group on the list, Iran Human Rights Documentation Center, is also based in New Haven.

NBC

Yeppers, look at Iran's terror list:

Yale University-seriously, how could I make this up????
National Democratic Institute
International Republican Institute
Foundation for Democracy-in Iran
Iran human rights documentation center- Of course they hate any group dedicated to human rights in Iran...

It does not really surprise me, but I am sure the Iran/Musliums can do no wrong members will try to derail the topic with but so and so does or does not-NOPE- This is a post on Iran and their hate of common people being educated or them thinking they deserve basic human rights.

I don't ned to make anything up, Iran provides far more examples than I could make up.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by mrmonsoon]

*edited for spelling and to reflect article title as opposed a more properly named title

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just followed up the news source and it has taken the news from Iranian news source: the google translation is bad and it's pretty hard to understand what it means. If anyone knws the language and can articulate better sentence please do so - www2.irna.ir...

From what I could grasp, the recently arrested "foreigners" (Iran says foreign nationals among protest detainees) among the protesters who were creating violence had some association with Yale and few other organisations thus were blacklisted. If true pretty good cover by covert agencies.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Funny how they choose education and human rights groups to blacklist, eh???

BTW, it is still highly questionable about "foreigners" causing all Irans problems as opposed to tasking responsibility for what they have created.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That doesnt make sence. Yale has always been a big proponent of dicatorial regimes. Their Nazi pre-war collection is great. They loved the Nazi's and eugenics and to a certain exent still do with they way they influence New Haven's politics and urban planning.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It does not really surprise me, but I am sure the Iran/Muslims can do no wrong members will try to derail the topic with but so and so does or does not-NOPE- This is a post on Iran and their hate of common people being educated or them thinking they deserve basic human rights.

When the day will come when we will become the world's OFFICIAL guardian, parent, or disciplinary officer, then can we decide what should and should not go on in other countries... Until then, foreign policy should only be about economical impact of relations with other countries and not about how we want other countries to function. Do onto other what we ACCEPT to be done to us. I'm sure the U.S., Canada, UK, and such would LOVE for another country or countries to tell them what to do and infringe on their sovereignty.

I think it's important to remember that our own governments promote hate, disdain, and scorn on other countries for things that they do themselves. I.E. Torturing prisoners, the reason why Canada and the U.S. were not so strong on the human rights issues when they went to Asia recently or how the E.U. and the U.S. gave/gives nukes and plenty of money to Israel (yet won't let anyone else in that area get any nukes to defend themselves... hypocrites!)

Now back to the topic on hand, it's only normal for a government that is being targeted (whether rightly so or not), to fire back! Wouldn't you? If I was backed in a corner with the choice to either:

1. give up everything to a foreign government and be forced to change everything to be like that foreign government

or

2. be harassed, chastised, and shunned for raising the issue of sovereignty, and the freedom of individual country's government to choose what they want to do in their territory.

I'd ignore the world back!

Although we may not agree, Islamic law, culture, and society is thousands of years older than our "democracy". We can't decide what is right and what is wrong based on one perspective or another. This is what got us into this mess in the first place. If we would have left them alone in the first place (Afghan/USSR conflict, Iraq war I, etc...), they would have never hated us (enough to cause us problems). Let them kill each other for whatever reasons they have. It's THEIR BUSINESS.

So don't get angry when they take shots back at you and your freedoms, they are simply mirroring what our governments are doing to them!

Let's just learn to accept that we are all different and move the heck on!

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Well no, if the people caught in middle of violence were anyway associated with such organisation it would make sense. I cannot assume what the "foreigners" revealed under interrogation upon their links. But if you read the source from which the story is picked that's the reason given there. Atleast that is what I think is mentioned, cannot be sure because of bad translation by google.

Secondly, do not think any foreigner has caused entire protest, but being caught in middle of protesters who were creating violence does raises some serious questions.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Well,

I think the Iranian people should decide what and how their country works.

I think religious dictators for life don't care one bit about the average Iranian.

Don'T "YOU" think the Iranian people have the right to choose their government, religion, music..... I sure do...

And, as much as I could not understand it, if the actual majority of Iranians want a religious dictatorship and oppressive government, that is their right also.

But...
At least THEY chose it, not have it forced on them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I agree that they should have the choice, but it's up to them, not us to do what it takes to get what they want...

The Americans did it to be free from the Queen and her empire, the South Africans did it to be free from Apartheid, the Algerians did it to be free from the French... No international help there... It has to come from within.

[edit on 10/1/7 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They could be blacklisting Mother Theresa and you'd still have these clowns claim she is a covert operative.

The Iranian Regime does not admit to any of its own mistakes or evils but keeps blaming America for everything bad that happens. In psychology this is called Projection.

The Iranian people are sick of their Government not because the US is forcing them to, but out of their own will and choice.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
322? Skull and bones anyone? Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.?
That should be enough for any of us to blacklist Yale.
There's much more unscrupulous people and behavior associated
with Yale, just read Russ Bakers' Family of Secrets.
Check out his website @
www.familyofsecrets.com...

Whoops! I forgot to add John Kerry. Coincidental with his talk
about visiting Iran? I would guess not.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Magnum007

Well,

I think the Iranian people should decide what and how their country works.

I think religious dictators for life don't care one bit about the average Iranian.

Don'T "YOU" think the Iranian people have the right to choose their government, religion, music..... I sure do...

And, as much as I could not understand it, if the actual majority of Iranians want a religious dictatorship and oppressive government, that is their right also.

But...
At least THEY chose it, not have it forced on them.

That suggestion sounds like "democracy". Not an easy task to fulfill.
Still it's a wishfull thought and i can only agree and hope that one day...
I mean how much paper they got for their "lists" ? I know some Iranians, on their "naughty list". They love everything about Iran, but the goverment. I don't blame them.

top topics

join