It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WealthTV to Air One Hour Special on the Wave of Vanishing Newspapers and Its Threat to American Demo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- WealthTV, the premier luxury lifestyle and entertainment network, announced today that it will be airing a one hour special on the crisis in the newspaper industry and its threat to American Democracy this weekend. The one hour special, entitled "Final Edition", features the closure of Colorado's oldest newspaper, the Rocky Mountain News, just days before its 150th anniversary. The special highlights the numerous important events the paper covered from the Columbine High School massacre to the cover-up at the Rocky Flats nuclear facility and questions whether the rapid decline in "investigative journalism" is having a negative impact on American Democracy or will "new media" fill in the void as papers close.

I don't know about you but I believe the reason obama and congress are able to do what they do covertly is because of the complicity of the media apparently to its own detriment.I can't help but think if they would report the news objectively (like they're supposed to)we wouldn't be in this mess.

Good news or bad news?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

This is great news....it is telling me that people have stopped buying the printed lies from the government owned papers and and getting their news from the internet...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's a similar situation here in the UK, most of our mainstream media is owned by one man - a Mr Rupert Murdoch, you might have heard of him.

I wholly agree with the OP, I think the media (not just newspapers) are completely complicit with whoever is in power at the time, be it left or right wing. Yes there are media that are left or right biased, but they really do little other than obfuscate real issues or scare-monger pretend ones... the biggest selling papers in the UK are tabloids that essentially cover celebrity gossip, semi nude ladies and sport, that's about it, aside from scare mongering and thinly veiled, semi-racist, bigoted rhetoric. If a gay celebrity does anything illegal, it's always referred to as "Kinky celeb, sordid" etc...

The mainstream press has long been a joke, the internet - I barely trust as a news source, but at least I can try to verify things by checking a number of sources.

Mainstream news is just an orgy of sly-winking usury.

new topics

join