It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Frankenstein Experiment Has Begun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

His words staggered the erudite audience gathered at a technology conference in Oxford last summer.

Professor Henry Markram, a doctor-turned-computer engineer, announced that his team would create the world's first artificial conscious and intelligent mind by 2018.

And that is exactly what he is doing.

On the shore of Lake Geneva, this brilliant, eccentric scientist is building an artificial mind. A Swiss - it could only be Swiss - precision- engineered mind, made of silicon, gold and copper.

F ull story here

Science fiction becomes science fact. Project Blue Brain is going to be one of the most controversial developments within the next twenty years. If he is succesful this will change so many things for humanity, for science, for exploration and the military.

Makes you wonder how far human beings will go to acheive their scientific goals.

Edit spelling (well it's not like I said I was a genius
)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by FirstRonin]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Weird and creepy, but very ambitious!

Somehow, I don't think that would be such a good move. Especially with the word 'military' involved.

Can you imagine a programmed army?! My gosh,please NO!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstRonin

Makes you wander how far human beings will go to acheive their scientific goals.

Makes you wonder even......

He's not the only one believing we can achieve AI in the very near future. Have a look at some other threads on the topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can also do a little search on "The Singularity" and "Ray Kurzweil"

-Dev

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This creation around a time that we are now is an absolute joke. This is where everything goes wrong. Either the military or black ops will take the project from the creator and turn it into a new weapon, or worse still think of terminator, cybors etc etc. If what hes saying is correct will they really follow orders from us or will it be us taking orders from them? Skynet?
Who knows but i dont think its a good idea

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now that's some kind of weird synchronicity, I recently started 2 threads along these lines, one on the logistics and one on the ethical questions of it.

The article (although poorly written) was quite interesting, I didn't think we were that close to (potentially) achieving this. I just hope that when he starts it up that it isn't connected to the web - I'm actually quite serious about that too.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Don't these people watch terminator? Honestly.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This has to be the most interesting subject I've read so far.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
so whats point of this 'brain', wouldn't it be easier to just put in microchip with google database

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Imagine replacing every neuron in your brain with nanochips......what are the implications?

-Dev

top topics

join