It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Snow Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

My little VW is not getting out of my farmyard... shame I can't get to work aint it

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
When I get home tonight Im gonna chop those icicles down....looking a bit too dangerous now....

the snow lady isnt married.....I did propose but my first wife wasnt too happy when I have her some big assets....

[edit on 7/1/2010 by booda]

LMAO

Ya know it makes sense though; because things with the snow lady , well, they just would not have lasted

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Newbiggin by the Sea, my hometown today;

[
[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15360e023c54.jpg[/atsimg][/im]

[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab2a30fb58d1.jpg[/atsimg][/im]

[edit on 093131p://f28Thursday by Selahobed]

I've never seen snow fall by the sea before.
That's gorgeous.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by booda

Guys...I hate to sound all frostier than thou...but that kind of snowfall wouldn't even get the kids a day off school!

It must come as a hell of a shock when you come visit us in the Colonies, and see what we call winter.

The following pic was Dec 11...about an hour north of me. Shows a cop trying to clear off their truck.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559987eb6558.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that's SNOW!!

Self edit to send along this bit of doggerel I found in my email this morning...

WINTER POEM

It's winter in Canada!
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave my Canada
I'm frozen to the friggin' ground!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

Johnny that's not real is it ? This picture needs to be debunked

How can you possibly function in that?
That's insane.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Thanks, this place is pretty without snow, but its OMG with it.. Im so glad I moved my business here x

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

what line of business are you in......must be a quiet place where you are...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

That's insane.

Well...then that accounts for much, doesn't it!

It is not typical...but not that unusual. That was 66 cm in a day...and I'm guessing there was some drifting in the photo. Here's a link:
www.mindentimes.ca...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I have my own marketing/business development consultancy... It AINT quiet lol.... I am in the process of selling though coz im off to Oz soon to business interests there... Gonna take a while after splitting with my auzzie fiancee coz i have to find somewhere to live lol, and have to make sure my employees are in good hands too.. Bugger...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Is it similar to what the chamber of commerce do. Well, hope everything goes well for you in Oz and that you continue here on ats. All the best.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by booda

Guys...I hate to sound all frostier than thou...but that kind of snowfall wouldn't even get the kids a day off school!

It must come as a hell of a shock when you come visit us in the Colonies, and see what we call winter.

The following pic was Dec 11...about an hour north of me. Shows a cop trying to clear off their truck.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559987eb6558.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that's SNOW!!

Self edit to send along this bit of doggerel I found in my email this morning...

WINTER POEM

It's winter in Canada!
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave my Canada
I'm frozen to the friggin' ground!

That's insane.

I live in ontario too, and i can assure you that picture is real.. yes not a typical everyday snow fall but it can happen.

tho so far this winter the snow hasnt been to bad

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh my god, that's what you Brits are complaining about? By what you hear coming out of the UK it sounds like you're up to your roofs in snow.

Here in Canada, we call that a light powdering

When it snows so much that you can't open you're front door and neighbour's roof caves in, then it's snowed.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Come on now, that's like some sahara desert people telling canadians "oh my god, you suprised about how hot it is, look how hot it is over here man!!"

The point is the UK is not prepared for such weather, and is not used to it, so ofcourse we are gonna talk about it etc.

I've seen comments like yours too many times lol, we get the point! haha I just had to say something.

Peace.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's me just about to walk my dogs. Aberdeenshire, Scotland!

[url=http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs218.snc3/22565_1279300776426_1047222384_30879336_51992_n.jpg[/url]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Will it work this time?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

That's very real, where I live in the Rockies it's not uncommon to get 2-5 ft in one night.

I've stood up to my waist in snow many times.

The thing is, even that kind of snow won't get me off work....

Damn snow plows....

---------------------------------------

Why do we do it you ask?

Well that is an easy one. The snow is worth waking up for this..

And after the snow goes away and all is good we get this,

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You've barely got enough there to make a snowman! What could even go wrong with that much snow? An epidemic of broken hipped old ladies?

Jeez, put on a jacket, it'll be ok

My regards to the Queen.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Ok, like we've said before we are not used to it or prepared. Canada like many landlocked countries in Europe have to be prepared for this kind of weather as it's part of living there. So, just because this is a light scattering for you there are far more remote areas in this world which would make Canada look like britain. However, I'd love to visit Canada one day as it's one of the most beautiful places on earth and it would be great no matter what time of the year. In return I offer you big ben.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda

Ok, like we've said before we are not used to it or prepared. Canada like many landlocked countries in Europe have to be prepared for this kind of weather as it's part of living there.
My only issue regards "land locked"...we say "from sea to sea to sea".

And wait until the Newfies check in...20 feet in a season!

You'll be delighted to know that an inch of snow will shut down New Jersey...it's all what you're geared for. Picture, though...all those immigrants coming here with a driver's licence and facing their first real snowfall.

It's like ballet...at 100km/hr!

Edit to say, please visit. We have summer too, though I had a snowball fight in Labrador on July 1st this year!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is quite a shocking image, to see the whole of the UK covered in snow, you could mistake it for somewhere like Alaska or Greenland!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7f4eaafbad7.jpg[/atsimg]
For those that think a change might be happening in 2012, do you think this could possibly be the start of a pole shift?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by viber8
This is quite a shocking image, to see the whole of the UK covered in snow...do you think this could possibly be the start of a pole shift?

I'd seriously wonder which Gods you ticked off. Amazing photo!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join