It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex cop/raf:50ft orbs not chinese lanterns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
news link

[color=limegreen]UFO shock for former Radnorshire RAF man

Published date: 07 January 2010 | Published by: Chris Corfield
“What was even more bizarre was how all the lights were a bright orange colour, apart from the final one which was a strong red colour.

“The size of the lights was unbelievable. Each one looked to be around 30-50 feet in diameter, they were going at quite some velocity with no visible means of propulsion – yet in complete silence.

“I have never seen anything like it in my life. It shook me to the core – I don’t like things that can’t be explained.”

Unsure of what to do next, Mr Saunders called the police, but was unimpressed with their response: “I think they have a stock response for things like this, which is to say it was probably Chinese lanterns.

“I can tell you with certainty that what I saw that night was not lanterns,” he said
there have been recent reports of enormous orbs...so are they going to say its some new kind of maneuverable hot air balloons now with people riding inside the balloon?

otherwise, not so easily dismissed...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by reject]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Though intresting, like many on here including myself what have seen an orb, without some solid proof or at least a picture, being in the RAF really makes no difference.

he is Just one of many.

my 2 cent

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
first question for mr sauders :

how did he colclude that the ` objects ` were " 30 ~ 50 feet diameter "

, comeone thats almost a 100% ` margin of error `

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So many UFO sightings on New Years Eve/Day. How very strange! Maybe the aliens were just trying to say Happy New Year

For one thing it is quite difficult to judge height and size from the ground.
Secondly there are some huge 'Chinese lanterns' around.
www.nightskylanterns.co.uk...
www.greatnorthernfireworks.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Why did the newspaper stick a picture of a grey with the story?

I have to say there is nothing in the old guy's report which rules out Lanterns. On the website that sells them it says they come in pairs too and they are huge!

I won't completely dismiss his story but more information would be nice. What was the wind direction, were the objects just following the wind, did they just fade away or shoot off at speed, how long were they seen for? If I was the witness I would buy a couple of lanterns to see if I could recreate what I saw.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
New Years Eve.... 3 pairs of orange orbs floating by.... Seriously....
Come one people, I hope you realize that every time a story like this gets reported on the UFO forum it does nothing but harm the arguments for UFO's.

I mean some guy who is either unfamiliar with these lanterns, or just trying to get some attention, makes a ridicules claim, either lies or is grossly mistaken about the size of them, and it gets posted here as a UFO sighting...

Why, if these things were so amazing did he not take any pictures. Don't say there wasn't time, because his wife had time yell for him several times before he came out, and then they watched them for a bit before the second pair even came into view so he had plenty of time to get some proof.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
New Years Eve.... 3 pairs of orange orbs floating by.... Seriously....
Come one people, I hope you realize that every time a story like this gets reported on the UFO forum it does nothing but harm the arguments for UFO's.

I mean some guy who is either unfamiliar with these lanterns, or just trying to get some attention, makes a ridicules claim, either lies or is grossly mistaken about the size of them, and it gets posted here as a UFO sighting...

Why, if these things were so amazing did he not take any pictures. Don't say there wasn't time, because his wife had time yell for him several times before he came out, and then they watched them for a bit before the second pair even came into view so he had plenty of time to get some proof.

I agree in part. That most, if not all, of these sightings of orbs around celebrations are sky lanterns. I'm a sceptic anyway, so that's kind of boring and what people would expect

But I'm going to stick up a bit for people not taking pictures or taking crap pictures (with my parents' use of their phones/digicams in mind).

For many people a mobile phone isn't second nature. Further to that, in my experience, getting a decent picture out of a mobile phone camera, at night, can be quite tricky, and requires some practices to know which settings work best. The same thing is true of digital compacts and SLRs, generally without an understanding or practice they will produce rubbish pictures in less than optimum conditions (although their larger sensors help significantly).

Some mobile phones default to VGA (640x480) pictures, because they're better for text messaging, which further limits their use in capturing a UAP. They have to be specifically set to use larger image sizes, which many people don't know how to do, because they haven't read the manual. For them it's primarily a phone rather than a camera, so I think ignorance of the camera functionality isn't unforgivable. On top of that there's issues of the sensor size, lens focal length, signal amplification noise, and signal processing.

So not getting a shot is not always the fault of people who have seen what appears to them as a UAP. It's a combination of technical limitations, basic camera knowledge, over excitement, and limited duration of a sighting.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

no visible means of propulsion – yet in complete silence.

The light was a result of the propulsion.
So there was a visible propulsion system only give him a clue.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Is it really that easy to mistake something not even 2 meters to be as big as 30 to 50 feet?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

All you see is light.
Any one test a Chinese lantern compared to supposed UFOs.
If the ether light system is at work here there is a great improvement
over the dim laboratory lights once seen in a darkened room.
Well the voltage potential is enormous by now.

top topics

join