It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Turns up 10 Autism Clusters in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Study Turns up 10 Autism Clusters in California

abcnews.go.com

CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. researchers have identified 10 locations in California that have double the rates of autism found in surrounding areas, and these clusters were located in neighborhoods with high concentrations of white, highly educated parents.

Researchers at the University of California Davis had hoped to uncover pockets of autism that might reveal clues about triggers in the environment that could explain rising rates of autism, which affects as many as one in 110 U.S. children.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Something with this whole scenario just does not sit right with me.

I will humor these "researchers" for a moment and just pretend like they are that autism cases aren't actually rising, and that many of these cases are misdiagnosises "related to the parents education" ( LOL ).

Even accepting this, does anyone not see that WHATEVER is wrong with these kids, there seems to be an AWEFUL lot of these kids nowadays with major behavior abnormalities, as opposed to just a decade or two ago?!?

SOMETHING is happening to our youth here. SOMETHING is effecting them and creating these abnormal traits, WHATEVER the actual problem may be, and whatever it is, it is becoming widespread...

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Maybe all of those alien abductions are starting to have an effect!!!

ok after rereading this link I have to say I'm scrambling to figure out how a higher education could have an affect on kids.
Maybe something to do with birth control messing up genes??????
Really a long shot. I don't know.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I agree there is something going on with the youth in the US.

I honestly don't even remember hearing about autism until 5 years ago.

What are the numbers like in other countries?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have no proof of this, but something that should be looked into, all the products that come from China. I wonder how many diapers, baby bottles, baby foods, and various other products destined for children are being produced by China these days. I'm willing to bet that there is some chemical or a leaching of something in these products that is causing this. With all the dangerous Chineese recalls recently it definetly would not suprise me. There are to many of the recalls to list, but just a couple that come to mind are the flip flops that were burning peoples feet and the drywall which corrodes all the metal in the house. If I were to have a baby I would make all my own baby food and use glass baby bottles. Just my opinion....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Just a possibilty that the "autistic" ones could be more intelligent then all of us, who wipes your ass? lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogwomp

China makes cheaper things.
Cheaper things are more affordable.
Poorer people buy cheaper things.
Poorer people are generally less educated.
Autism occurs at a higher rate amongst the highly educated.

Stress maybe? Interaction with some new technology?
It's freakin' weird. IF in fact the case is that autism is occuring at higher rates, and isn't merely being detected with higher efficiency.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Didn't they already figure out that autism is caused by one of the vaccinations most kids get just after birth?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't know Heyo, I think that maybe the poor people are more likely to get hand me downs like that old wooden crib and older clothes. The rich and more affluent are more likely to go out and buy all new stuff from China.

I think it is definetly something environmental causing this, and when it comes to the environment the Chinese are trying to destroy it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ok wait, found it.... This thread explains it quite well. Although, it does not explain the 'clusters' of autistic children in certain areas.

Autism was one of most difficult illnesses The Center had attempted to analyze. If it hadn't been for so many parents insisting that vaccines were responsible for the condition, we might never have found the fact that the stabilizer in MMR and a few other vaccines is hydrolyzed gelatin; a substance that is approximately 21% glycine. It appears that, based on readily verifiable science, the use of that form of glycine triggers an imbalance between the amino acid neurotransmitters responsible for the absorption rate of certain classes of cells throughout the body.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I followed your link jinx880101 and was shocked to find out that is was a New Jersey think tank that came up with this. I was expecting it to be about that doctor in the U.K. that came to the same conclusion. He recommended parents to get seperate vacines was like 3 of them instead of the all in one MMR. His research was along those same lines that is was the MMR vacine that was causing the direct corrolation in the surg of autism.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogwomp

Hmm maybe, maybe. I was just thinking though that manufacturing in north america is more expensive and that's why jobs have been shipped over there. Therefore teh remaining market of NA made goods is more expensive and appeals to nationalistic and quality seeking buyers, who are usually well off compared to others.
People who're low middle class or lower generally shop at walmart or places like that.

Also, do poorer kids get fewer vaccines? I thought they were available at allpublic shcools.

"Also, significant disparities in timely vaccination coverage were found between low- and high-income children for all childhood vaccines and nearly every birth cohort born between 1994 and 2004," the authors write. "However, these disparities have been declining significantly for the MMR [an estimated 0.3 percent decline], hepatitis B [0.3 percent] and varicella [0.5 percent] vaccines." In contrast, disparities increased significantly by 0.4 percent for the DTaP-DTP vaccine and did not change for polio

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I agree with OP. when I was in school in the 80's I didnt know a single kid with autism or even symptoms like autism. Now I know tons of people with autistic kids. what did they change the formula of flintstones vitamins?

but seriously, something is definitely wrong with this

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Perhaps it's just the name tag 'autism' that psychiatrists use more often to categorize various kinds of unknown and abnormal psyches. I don't know whether medical/physiological students are thought to always assess a disease, but I've never met a doctor who said 'I don't know what you have'.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great points.

I don't think we have more kids with behaviour difficulties now, we just have more drugs - which, in my opinion, do not help.

A while ago these kids would have had to get on with life, the end.

Everyone has to get on with life - drugging kids is harmful because it desensitises their true minds and creativity.

We are drugging our kids into a hopeless future.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

is it possible that these clusters are in areas that have really good treatment centers for the autistic? that would explain why they are predominantly "white" and "well educated" also, they were the ones able to relocate to where these centers are.

oh, and by the way, my kids were born in the early 80"s, and for awhile it was thought that one of them might be autistic, so we had him tested....it was decided that he wasn't.

so, well, there was autism in the early 80's...probably before that. and, most autistic kids aren't gonna just get on with life with no treatment...don't think they are gonna get on with life with drugs either really. many of them would end up being institutionalized. treating an autistic child requires hours upon hours of careful intervention.

when I was a kid, we would go and play in a creek....well, now. I do believe that the area we were playing in is one of EPA's superfund project. there's signs all over the place telling people to stay away from it! so, well, what did we kids expose ourselves to?? have no idea. but, I imagine that we weren't the only kids exposing ourselves to these toxins!!
so, well, now, our companies are shipping their manufacturing over to china, india and the like, since we don't want to live in the cesspool anymore. it will be interesting to find out in a decade or two, if these countries that we are outsourcing to find themselves with the same problems.
then again, maybe it's the flouride.....

but, I also was reading the other day that more mothers are reporting that their kids aren't talking till they are three years old or so...which, well, was why my son was tested for autism.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Maybe they should try and treat these kids with 2 bar pressure systems... It works for down syndrome kids. For a brief period spent inside the pressure chamber they are able to communicate better with their parents.

But, I don't necessarily think autism is a disease, just a different state of mind or different level of consciousness.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's vaccinations. They have mercury in them, among other toxic ingredients. Childrens blood-brain barrier is not fully developed, so the toxins go straight to the brain.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My seven year old son is Autistic and has never had any vaccines.I am white,I suppose adequately intelligent and am not really poor.
I have five other children who are not Autistic and I think I raised them all exactly the same,so I have no explanation for this article!
He is really clever though and comes out with the most bizarre statements about when he was here before (sometimes he says things that old men would say,but we don't really know any for him to speak to!)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by saratoga123]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
"The strangest and most unrealistic part of our child rearing beliefs is that our antisocial and asocial behavior toward them is supposed to make them into loving social beings. We are unable to recognize that our violence (hitting, which includes spanking), sublimated violence (punishment, which includes isolation and the withdrawal of love and affection], and parental emotional detachment (discipline), all of which are intrinsic to our child rearing methods, become children's model for future relationships. Our children are chiefly influenced in their development by who we are in relation to them, not by who we think we are or who we pretend to be. Children who are reared in our conventional ways (many of which are identical to the ways convicts, prisoners of war, and slaves have been treated throughout history), learn from the way that they are treated by their parents that it is appropriate to harm other people, to be emotionally detached from the pain of others, and that it is perfectly all right to impose one's will on other people. In short they are instructed, by example, how to be a psychopathic personality or at least to behave as one."

[edit on 7-1-2010 by pai mei]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join